Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 12:50 PM

16 posts, read 19,812 times

Advertisements

This past year I turned 20 and I begin putting myself more into the 'dating' world. I'm pretty inexperienced with this stuff because growing up I've always been pretty shy but I'm finally becoming more comfortable with myself. Anyway, I've noticed that every time I'm talking to a guy the same pattern keeps repeating itself. We hangout and then we end up almost having sex. We hookup for a few weeks and then eventually the guy disappears or I lose interest.

I want to have an actual relationship with a guy where he respects and cares about me. I'm still a virgin and I'm waiting to either have a relationship before I take the next step or at least do it with someone who cares. Unfortunately, 90% of guys expect you to sleep with them or at least hope you will when you hang out. There's always a hidden agenda.

I'm talking to a kid right now and we've been going to each others houses to hangout but we don't go on real dates. I know that's not a good sign, but it really feels like people my age don't go on dates anymore. I just feel like I'm going to be waiting to have sex forever because I'm waiting for an unrealistic person to come into my life. Does anyone have any advice?

I usually assume that the guys I meet or talk to are not looking for serious relationships. How do I know who to take seriously?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-11-2014 at 09:29 PM..

Old 10-11-2014, 01:00 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,378,814 times
Sure people your age go on real dates, if you find a real guy that's really interested in you. I'm 26, not much older, and I'd bet I've taken 75+ women to dinner over the years.. and that's just dinner, tons of other different date ideas as well.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:06 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabell3 View Post
This past year I turned 20 and I begin putting myself more into the 'dating' world. I'm pretty inexperienced with this stuff because growing up I've always been pretty shy but I'm finally becoming more comfortable with myself. Anyway, I've noticed that every time I'm talking to a guy the same pattern keeps repeating itself. We hangout and then we end up almost having sex. We hookup for a few weeks and then eventually the guy disappears or I lose interest.

I want to have an actual relationship with a guy where he respects and cares about me. I'm still a virgin and I'm waiting to either have a relationship before I take the next step or at least do it with someone who cares. Unfortunately, 90% of guys expect you to sleep with them or at least hope you will when you hang out. There's always a hidden agenda.

I'm talking to a kid right now and we've been going to each others houses to hangout but we don't go on real dates. I know that's not a good sign, but it really feels like people my age don't go on dates anymore. I just feel like I'm going to be waiting to have sex forever because I'm waiting for an unrealistic person to come into my life. Does anyone have any advice?

I usually assume that the guys I meet or talk to are not looking for serious relationships. How do I know who to take seriously?
Mod cut.
At your age, waiting is not a bad idea. I am not sure anybody your age should be looking for a serious relationship. But this is the age you should learn healthy dating behaviors, it is a learning opportunity to know the differences between toxic and healthy relationships.

I am 29 going on 30 this year. I started dating men when I was maybe about 14. I lost my virginity at 22. I like men with a lot of experiences (sexual and dating experiences that is) But I as a woman would rather wait till I am 100% sure. So I have no regrets.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-11-2014 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: Not PG-13.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:10 PM

783 posts, read 850,152 times
As the saying goes women are the gate keepers to sex, men are the gate keepers to relationships. You need to find a guy willing to spend time with you that doesn't just involve make out time. At the age of 20 most guys aren't looking for a steady girl friend.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:13 PM

16 posts, read 19,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
As the saying goes women are the gate keepers to sex, men are the gate keepers to relationships. You need to find a guy willing to spend time with you that doesn't just involve make out time. At the age of 20 most guys aren't looking for a steady girl friend.
But do you see how this is pretty bad for my current situation? I want to have sex but there's are large percentage of guys who do not want a relationship at my age. So I either keep waiting or get it over with?

Old 10-11-2014, 01:19 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,378,814 times
Quote:
But do you see how this is pretty bad for my current situation? I want to have sex but there's are large percentage of guys who do not want a relationship at my age. So I either keep waiting or get it over with?
Or you just keep looking? Doesn't mean it will be forever. Many young people meet in their early 20's and are in serious long term relationships. I have many friends that met their spouses in college around 20-21 and got married when they graduated around 23-24.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:23 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times
Quote:

Don't do it just to get it over with.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:28 PM

783 posts, read 850,152 times
Quote:
It is worth it to wait. Don't let your first time be with just some random guy. You want it to last for a few months at least, not a one and done fling.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:29 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,109 times
Quote:
You wait, plain and simple.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:31 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Quote:
Find something you like to do.

Sports, hobbies, traveling.... Just take it cool.

You are young and have plenty of time ahead of you.

Don't throw it away. K?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.