Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 05:26 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times

Advertisements

I hate math.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 05:35 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I hate math.
I ♥ usamathman.

Old 10-11-2014, 06:12 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,644,056 times
Depends on the woman.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:27 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,282,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingfortheone View Post
So here's just some information about me: I'm quiet as heck. I don't talk unless it's for something important, such as when I'm ordering food in a restaurant or when I'm talking to people who I work with. I don't like talking; it's physically tiring.

Not weird. I've seen many couple engage in "parallel play" and be happy just to have someone to play with.

I don't really like doing many things...I'm a math student, and I'm completely in love with the subject. I also like programming and playing the guitar.

I was weirder when I was younger; I hated smiling in pictures and sleeping in public, including on airplanes.

You hated sleeping in public? You think this is weird? Most people i know think its weird that im in my 30s and have no prob laying down in an airport or on the ground when i feel like it

I don't know the best way to express happiness. Should I smile? Should I laugh? Should I say something funny? Usually, when I'm happy, I have a little smile on my face. But most of the time, I'm the type of person who would look the same when I'm happy, or sad, or when there's a missile coming at me.

I have this prob too. Sometimes on the inside i think something is funny, but its not bust myself laughing funny. So i just say "that's funny!"

You are lucky you arent a girl, because you would have gone through your whole life having people berating you to "SMILE!" when its not your default facial expression and you're not retarded.

In case this sounds abnormal, do know that I have OCD and Tourettes, and until recently I obsessively thought horrible thoughts about myself, 24/7.

Let's say I get into dating in the future. I've read that women like "mysterious" people. My question is: am I mysterious, or just weird?
No one really likes "mysterious" past a certain age. We want to be able to communicate.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:51 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,013,634 times
Quote:
In case this sounds abnormal, do know that I have OCD and Tourettes, and until recently I obsessively thought horrible thoughts about myself, 24/7.

Let's say I get into dating in the future. I've read that women like "mysterious" people. My question is: am I mysterious, or just weird?
Neither, if you go for dating best find some one who enjoy silence as you do, because I like "life" inside of the house than complete silence like holocaust. May be there are people who likes the way you are. All the best!

Old 10-12-2014, 08:24 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times
Hopefully someone does. I'm very withdrawn and reserved.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:53 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,800 times
Quote:
So here's just some information about me: I'm quiet as heck. I don't talk unless it's for something important, such as when I'm ordering food in a restaurant or when I'm talking to people who I work with. I don't like talking; it's physically tiring.

I don't really like doing many things...I'm a math student, and I'm completely in love with the subject. I also like programming and playing the guitar.

I was weirder when I was younger; I hated smiling in pictures and sleeping in public, including on airplanes.

I don't know the best way to express happiness. Should I smile? Should I laugh? Should I say something funny? Usually, when I'm happy, I have a little smile on my face. But most of the time, I'm the type of person who would look the same when I'm happy, or sad, or when there's a missile coming at me.

I wouldn't say mysterious or weird, just you...?

Not everyone likes a "withdrawn" or "mysterious" person though.

I personally like people who are engaged and fun to hang with!

Old 10-12-2014, 10:31 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,599,226 times
People generally prefer to date people who are social enough such that getting them to talk isn't like pulling teeth. Likewise with just being friends with them. I'd say the vast majority of the population meets that criteria, including many of those who are on the quiet side. If you're a little withdrawn or reserved every now and then, that's not a big deal...but if you're extremely withdrawn that is likely going to be an issue that impacts many aspects of your life. Being willing to socialize and engage is essential to being able to form connections with others. It should not be an ordeal for others to get to know you...many of them will just give up after a while.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:34 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Women like the strong silent type, they think we're listening.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:53 PM

22,595 posts, read 47,698,122 times
Quote:

Why on earth would you want to date?
You don't like to talk.... how will you relate to a woman?
You don't like to do things.... dating means doing things.
You don't know how to express happiness... being happy while dating is sort of necessary. No one want to go out on one and be sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships