Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 01:27 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
It's not so much in the "where", but in the "how". Keep it light, casual. Walking or jogging in the park? Sure. Walking the dog? Definitely. Lying alone on the beach...trickier. Leave that for the "advanced" class. I know a couple though, that met in Hawaii, when she was walking out of the water after swimming, hair soaked, not the beach bunny type. His opening line? "How's the water?" They're married now. It doesn't take much. Practice by passing the time with people near you in the store checkout line. Just friendly banter. Get comfortable with it.

As for the almost-married woman, look at it this way--you got some good practice approaching and talking to a stranger. But you did make 1 mistake. It sounds like you talked her ear off the whole time. That's a real turnoff for a lot of women. If you're interested in them, you show that interest not by making it all about you. You show interest in them by asking about them.
"I betcha it's a lot warmer since you just came out of it."

"Wait! I didn't mean you peed in there."

"Your hot! That's what meant."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 01:48 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundofsilence82 View Post
And...thus the reason why I don't tell people. Idiotic opinions like this exist among the cavemen.
It is weird to be a virgin past a certain age just because it's not the norm, and it can present problems in dating. However, that doesn't mean that it's WRONG to be a virgin at any age. If you're happy with your status, good for you and ignore the haters.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:36 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundofsilence82 View Post
And...thus the reason why I don't tell people. Idiotic opinions like this exist among the cavemen.
Like another user said....it's only weird because according to a lot and I suppose stats...people start having sex in their late teens, or early 20s. Obviously that is not the case for everyone.

A lot of people just associate weird with bad things and sometimes blow it out of proportion. Mainly because they probably have only experience older virgins who they claim had some sort of mental problem or believed they are saving themselves for ridiculous reasons. Everyone views sex differently. It's okay for them to state their opinion even if they do state ignorant assumptions. Like someone else had said.

Their main concern are the reasons WHY they are a virgin. They immediately jump to conclusions that the person is either: "Stingy with sex, stiff, have some sort of mental block, don't like the fact that they have to teach the person, etc." The list goes on and on. Those things could potentially cause problems in a relationship, but as I said before everyone is not like that.

Sex is a special thing to a lot of people and they don't want to waste it on anyone, just for the sake of doing it, or just to get a few seconds of pleasure. I am one of those people. If you are happy with who you are as a person then that is all you need to worry about. Forget what everyone else says. I don't believe there is such a thing as "normal" because everyone is different. If they are not personally hurting someone else. It should not concern them.

Last edited by Auraliea; 10-20-2014 at 07:44 PM..

Old 10-20-2014, 07:45 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
It is weird to be a virgin past a certain age just because it's not the norm, and it can present problems in dating. However, that doesn't mean that it's WRONG to be a virgin at any age. If you're happy with your status, good for you and ignore the haters.
What exactly is weird about it? Weird that I am saving myself for the right person and willing to invest my time, life and experience for the right one rather than squander that which can never be replaced on something second hand and devoid of meaning or love?

I’m curious as to what the “certain age” is as well as I am north of 30 but look as if I’m in my 30’s and a proud virgin too.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:14 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
What exactly is weird about it? Weird that I am saving myself for the right person and willing to invest my time, life and experience for the right one rather than squander that which can never be replaced on something second hand and devoid of meaning or love?

I’m curious as to what the “certain age†is as well as I am north of 30 but look as if I’m in my 30’s and a proud virgin too.
It's weird because most people find the "right person" earlier in life, but if you're happy with your virgin status, good for you. I'm not happy about it and don't get offended when people think it's weird because I agree with them.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:17 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
It's weird because most people find the "right person" earlier in life, but if you're happy with your virgin status, good for you. I'm not happy about it and don't get offended when people think it's weird because I agree with them.

Yeah, I met many people that would have been the right person to lose my virginity to in my life. The one I did with, at 18, is still my friend and we learned together for over a year. Still, if it didn't happen then, it would have happened shortly thereafter. There are lots of good, attractive, people out there. And I'm rather inept at interpersonal relationships, sadly.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:13 AM

545 posts, read 632,387 times
Quote:
I lost my virginity to a girl who ended up cheating on me (and in the end she was very cruel, still won't let me even talk to her as if I was just some dude). The right person might not be what they seem.

I would say you may not be able to salvage this to be something that resembles normal. Seems like you should try to find a younger virgin to just lose your virginity with so you share that unique experience no matter what happens.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:23 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjander View Post

4 months ago i went on this operation. **** happened, and in the midst of combat, a 120mm mortar bomb hitted 10 meters from me...i went flying in the air and...that 5 seconds seemed like 5 hours. All my fears, boom - gone.
I would consider myself very lucky if I were you because a 120mm mortar bomb has a 70 meter killing radius.

Life is going to be wonderful for you. Cherish it and be happy about it.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:50 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I would consider myself very lucky if I were you because a 120mm mortar bomb has a 70 meter killing radius.

Life is going to be wonderful for you. Cherish it and be happy about it.
Good point. OP should be happy he's alive, instead of worried about virginity. As if 21 is some ripe old age you should be embarrassed about. Make the most of your life, OP. You're lucky to have it. And to still be all in one piece.

Step One in your new life: go to your Vet Admin and get counseling for that anger and whatever that "disappointment" is about. The "I don't know what to do. I'm going crazy" part. You'll doom any relationship potential you might drum up if you don't resolve those issues.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:12 PM

251 posts, read 299,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjander View Post
. I spended 8 hours talking to her, i told her EVERYTHING. As i walked her to her quarters, she told me..."I'm getting married in a couple of weeks...".
Married, yeah..right. I'm sure she is. It's like the episode of Seinfeld when George and the waitress was hitting it off. As soon as he spoke about how awesome manure is, she suddenly said she had a boyfriend. What I'm saying is, she was uncomfortable with something you said and she's full manure. My opinion at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships