Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 11:43 PM

20 posts, read 40,500 times

Advertisements

So I'm gonna go on my fourth date with this guy, and his suggestion is dinner Which to me is a very dull idea.

So here's our dates:

First date: dinner
Second date: movie
Third date: late lunch

He asked me this Tuesday if I wanted to do sth on weekend I said yes. Since he asked so early I thought he might plan sth more fun, im so bummed out and start to think he's boring and dull.

Am I too picky or it is dull?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 11:57 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,679 times
Dull. How about getting coffee at a coffee place then if the mood and weather permit a walk in the park maybe holding hands if the mood strikes. Talk about things you both like or might like doing together. Dinner and movie dates are dullsville city.

Old 10-17-2014, 11:58 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
If you think that his ideas are dull and boring, then why don't you come with some more exciting suggestions?
This going to be your fourth date now. How long you expect him to entertain you? Take the initiative!

Old 10-18-2014, 12:01 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Do you have a good time with him? Is he a dull person to be around? I don't really care what I do - it's who I'm doing it with.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
If you think that his ideas are dull and boring, then why don't you come with some more exciting suggestions?
This going to be your fourth date now. How long you expect him to entertain you? Take the initiative!
Guys should take the lead, at least for the first few dates. Also I was waiting to see if he can come up with sth other than dinner. It's also a time to show if he's a fun person. Dull dull dull. So disappointed

Old 10-18-2014, 12:10 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
In another thread you said that he is: very sweet, thoughtful, and you thought you had a good time.
Now you're telling us that he is dull... So what is it?

Old 10-18-2014, 12:23 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denghuolanshan View Post
Guys should take the lead, at least for the first few dates. Also I was waiting to see if he can come up with sth other than dinner. It's also a time to show if he's a fun person. Dull dull dull. So disappointed

First what in hades does "sth" mean?

After that he has apparently taken the lead on 3 dates, how many more do you think is required? 6?10?
If you want to do something else then suggest it to him and go from there.

Personally I think you are being picky if you are complaining after only 3 dates.
Perhaps you should ask someone out yourself and you take the lead for all of the dates, then you can only complain to yourself when you become bored.

Edited to add: I am so glad I am married and enjoy dull, quiet, peaceful, relaxing and snuggling. It is so much less stressful than trying to entertain someone every moment of being together.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:31 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,679 times
On the other hand define "dull"? Is it quite moments, gaps in the conversation flow, if so are they pleasurable or awkward? What would you prefer to undull the situation?

Old 10-18-2014, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
In another thread you said that he is: very sweet, thoughtful, and you thought you had a good time.
Now you're telling us that he is dull... So what is it?
Ya the first date was fun. He bought me a cup cake as a little gift before meeting me. I thought that was sweet. See I'm so not high mainence. but after the first dinner, all he can suggest is always dinner I'm getting bored!!!!

Old 10-18-2014, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
On the other hand define "dull"? Is it quite moments, gaps in the conversation flow, if so are they pleasurable or awkward? What would you prefer to undull the situation?
It's not awkward around him. But since we dnot know each other much, we need to do something together to create topics. Every time just sit, eat, and talk. How boring is that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships