Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 09:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I think I was called "pretty girl" by a 10-year-old today. I was out walking, on my way to church, and I kept hearing it, like he was calling. But I didn't bother to turn around. Maybe it was someone else he was referring to.

I got my make-up done, looking for concealer, foundation etc. The lady doing it constantly commented about my flawless skin, and said I was pretty without make-up, so I didn't need much.

I smiled, laughed, and accepted the compliment. But I was rolling my eyes mentally.
Awwww but that's sweet.

Well I'm sure they have seen bad ones and your skin was refreshing to see.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:24 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
I agree, women do have more power than men in today's society. They control a lot. I'm not afraid of women, but I am afraid of rejection. Not the same, but paralyzing. What really sucks is wanting to have someone and fearing rejection at the same time. But I should be used to it at this point. I get rejected daily with online dating, was rejected by my ex-wife, and many girlfriends who left. Now that I think about it, maybe I should try to stay single to avoid more pain.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:28 PM

783 posts, read 849,786 times
Some guys can't handle rejection so they don't put themselves out there. I've grown used and numb to it, it doesn't bother me anymore. Other guys (and women) have been emotionally hurt before in past relationships and bear the scars on their heart and don't want to be hurt again.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:34 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Some guys can't handle rejection so they don't put themselves out there. I've grown used and numb to it, it doesn't bother me anymore. Other guys (and women) have been emotionally hurt before in past relationships and bear the scars on their heart and don't want to be hurt again.
I do understand where you are coming from.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:38 PM

398 posts, read 471,175 times
I don't think it's fearing women as much as fearing rejection. If she's a friend, that's different from trying to make her a girlfriend.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:45 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Awwww but that's sweet.

Well I'm sure they have seen bad ones and your skin was refreshing to see.
Well I am not too crazy about kids. So, I was numb to that too. But, better a kid that a crackhead.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:53 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
I'm even OK with rejection as a girlfriend. The worst is rejection after marriage. It really takes a toll on men you know, and that's perhaps where all the bitter feelings and fear come from. Most of the time, its guys who pay the price after divorce. I'll blame the broken justice system as the source of all fear.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:55 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,811 times
If I had a gun to my head I would say the reason some guys are scared of women is that the ones that have a hard time with them are treating encounters like a full count pitch in the bottom of the ninth. If they fail they are a failure, but if they succeed they have another chance to fail the next day. Most of it is being insecure, but there are guys that are perfectly secure in everything they do except encounters with women. I think it's why most guys with any anxiety with women can attest to being a lot more confident with a woman or other women after getting laid. It's a testament that success can happen. I can't speak to the psychology of it, but it's a competitive thing. Completely inorganic.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:04 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Part of that applies to me. I take rejection personally and stop talking to the women who reject me. Other than that, I don't really ask women out because I'm stuck in my ways. Since I moved out of my mom's house, I'm used to living alone and living my way.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:12 PM

103 posts, read 91,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Part of that applies to me. I take rejection personally and stop talking to the women who reject me. Other than that, I don't really ask women out because I'm stuck in my ways. I'm used to living alone and living my way.
I never took any of my rejections to heart but if you get enough of them you say whats the point. Im like you im used to living alone and prefer it that way. How old are you anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships