Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 05:32 PM

103 posts, read 91,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Looks like we have an ice prince, Raena .
My mom calls me icecube so I'll stick wth that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 05:32 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,409,246 times
Men SAY they want women to ask them out, but I'm not so sure. It seems that unless the guy thinks that it his idea to go out then he won't go for it. It's like unless he sees and decides for himself what he likes, he may go out but it wasn't on his own initiative so it won't go anywhere.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:43 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,810,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ford38 View Post
The only thing that should be sending signals is cars women need to stop with this crap.
Both men and women send signals... basically, "signals" is flirting. Usually women flirt, men flirt back, women flirt back again, then the man approaches or whatever. Sometimes (less often, but it happens) the man sends signals first and the woman approaches. It all depends.

EDIT: Just thought of this. I know some of you aren't interested in pursuing the opposite sex. But for those who are and want women to approach more often, I can tell you what works for me (not saying this works for all women.. and to be fair, I tend to date men I know first socially. But I do approach men). For me to approach, I need signals from the man. He can't sit and stare into space with a poker face (or worse, a scowl). I am more inclined to make a move and approach if he sends me a friendly smile or a wave... or even if he says something like, "Can you believe this game!" (if I was in a sports bar or something... which is a favorite place to eat when I am traveling for work. I like to watch the TVs when I eat alone )

So if you are a man and you want to experiment with trying to get a woman to approach you, try signals. Works for women, so why not you?

Last edited by jillabean; 10-20-2014 at 06:04 PM..

Old 10-20-2014, 05:45 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,181,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy88 View Post
OK, so I'm a guy from Eastern Europe but I'd love for a female to ask me out. Yet it has never happened to me. They say I look nice, but even here in Western Europe they aren't asking me out. It's like feminism has never happened, OK they work more, have higher salaries, but they are still waiting for guys to do the first move? How is that liberating and empowering?

I don't know why but I don't like asking women out because I feel like I am forcing her, like a jerk of some sort. I know it sounds crazy but sometimes I wish I was a lesbian, maybe that way some girl would've made a move on me as I've noticed many lesbians are more comfortable with getting what they want.
There's nothing "Taboo" about it, but why would a woman face rejection if she didn't have to. I wouldn't ask women out if I was constantly being approached. When I was living in rural Texas online dating was like that for me. I was messaged far more than I ever was when I did online dating up her in Seattle. It's because I stood out down there. Up her, I'm just another moderately attractive guy with a graduate degree and an upper middle class income. We're a dime a dozen. My point is that Why would someone face rejection unless they had to. I don't blame women at all. Being shut down sucks, and ones standards become considerably lower when they're doing the approaching (most of the time). This is why guys always shake their heads at the expectations of women. When I was getting hit on all the time, my standards went through the roof............as did my ego LOL

It's an easy trap to fall into

Old 10-20-2014, 06:00 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,760,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
You're new here.
Um no, he's not.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:01 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,630,476 times
Ha, this thread reminded me on that time when a woman flirted with me but I was desperately clueless about her attempts to make me feel "interested" in her. She knew that I live close to her but she never knew *exact* place, so she engaged in an online chat with me for the sole purpose to flirt and tease me, but I was desperately oblivious of it either. At one point she even contacted me via one local online forum and mentioned that she's a dirty voyeur and that she'd love to see me getting my clothes off through the window. She told me that after I told her my exact location during our private chat, after she revealed her own location. She lived across the street in another building and I was "below" by two floor difference (and a bit to her left side) so she could see me through the window across the street and I waves at her at that point, after seeing her on her window. Like I said, I never got the "real message" she tried to send to me.

That being said, I'd say she just wasn't compatible with me anyways, given that I was a very reserved person and kind of withdrawn (except when it comes to work), while she was very outgoing and had different way of behavior. Another reason is that she was completely incompatible when it comes to upbringing and it's very improbable that she was a virgin either. I wonder about the kind of feeling she had after her flirting attempt, what thoughts did she have after all of that, did she think I was uninterested in her, that I don't find her attractive, or did she get the fact that I was rather clueless about the whole deal? It took me months to actually figure out her intentions and I felt very awkward after I figured that out.... but I think it's all about the upbringing, though, that's the true reason it took me so long to figure it out. It never came up to my mind.
I don't "regret" for the "missed opportunity" because I don't see it that way, but I do feel awkward for the fact that she might have thought so many different things, but the fact is that I just wasn't even aware of something so obvious, although I felt physical attraction towards her when I met her several times.. but she was just someone I knew, someone I

MOTD: women should sometimes be blunt if they want their message to be delivered. Despite your thoughts that you cannot be any more obvious, sometimes a guy is just clueless. Going and calling a guy on a date is a safe way to make sure the intentions are clear. However, you risk the same outcome as a guy who does it - the guy is hooked up for it, but the woman probably isn't, or she is just about to get to know about him.
This thread is also wrong on several notion that it's rare for a woman to walk over and call a guy or start talking with a guy in an attempt to make it into a date. I've had such situations on different occasions so it's definitely not either rare or unheard of, it just occurs less often than vice-versa. Same goes when it comes for situations where women hit on with clear intentions to have sex afterwards.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:06 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,307,619 times
Quote:
My mom calls me icecube so I'll stick wth that.
The name "Ice Cube" is already taken, your Mom has to use something else.

Your posts or so contradictory though, it appears you really are not sure what you want and it is possible that what/whom you are looking for has already crossed your path but you ignored them.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:33 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,395,927 times
Women are more "subtle" but give hints, however we men need to get the ball rollin'

Old 10-20-2014, 06:48 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,207,821 times
Many males see women who ask men who out as easy or desperate. So in alot of cases a guy will say yes just because he wants an easy lay even if he doesn't like her.

I remember a girl told me she asked a guy out and when they were on a date he started groping her. She stopped him and then said "wait but you asked me out!"

Old 10-20-2014, 06:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,912,119 times
Quote:
You'll freeze to death touching me and I don't let people get that close.
Give me a hug!!!!! Nah I hugged frigid people before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Looks like we have an ice prince, Raena .
I wonder if he knows the snow queen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships