Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 03:07 PM

783 posts, read 849,561 times

Advertisements

Don't want to make the thread about me but about you the reader instead, so I won't give much for details behind my situation. Have you not reconnected or broke it off with someone because of your wounded sense of self because of what happened in the past with them?

What if they chose someone else instead of you but now they are back and looking to reconnect with you? Other then you not being the one they didn't do anything wrong to you like cheating or using.

Or now they are single but you refuse to initiate interaction because you did last time. Or they do initiate first but you are ignoring it because they ignored you last time.

Ok I can't stand it I will give some details of my situation A woman from 2.5 years ago recently added me back to Facebook. I was really interested in her and she had the mythical 'unicorn' status with me. However she told me that she wasn't ready for a relationship then 2 weeks later she is in a relationship. 2 months after that she got married. 6 months later divorced. She removed me from FB when she got engaged. While she never did anything wrong to me I don't know how I would feel if she wanted to try to reconnect beyond being FB friends.

Mod cut: Image deleted. Like I said, a unicorn.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-21-2014 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: Image deleted. Do not post images of others without their permission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 03:23 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
I wouldn't read too much into her adding you back to Facebook.

That said I think I might at least be willing to have a conversation with her and see what her intentions are if she seems interested. It sounds like she was just in deep with another guy at the time and it wasn't personal or anything against you and she didn't want to hurt your feelings. I think the key for second chances is that she didn't do anything wrong towards you like cheat on you or lead you on. I am not sure someone deserves a second chance if they hurt you the first go round.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:26 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,836 times
She didn't really do anything "that" bad to you. It's not like she kept standing you up, wasting your time, etc. etc. Really not a big deal.

When I saw the thread title at first I was like, "never let your pride get trampled on when dating" i.e. don't be a pushover or let someone treat you poorly.

Then I read the thread, and yeah what she did sucked, but it wasn't anything that huge to you personally. Maybe she had other things going on, on the side, that she was unsure about.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:32 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
She removed me from FB when she got engaged. While she never did anything wrong to me I don't know how I would feel if she wanted to try to reconnect beyond being FB friends.

[Snip.] Like I said, a unicorn. [Snip.]
Yeah she does sound like a Unicorn. Removed you from FB because she was engaged? Really?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-21-2014 at 03:47 PM..

Old 10-21-2014, 05:29 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Must of been one nasty unicorn picture if the Mods came in to 'snip' snip!'

Lol!!

She doesn't sound like someone to get involved with. 6 months after the marriage she gets divorced? Nice.

Don't ad her on FB. Keep your distance from anything with a horn coming out of its head.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:39 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
However she told me that she wasn't ready for a relationship then 2 weeks later she is in a relationship. 2 months after that she got married. 6 months later divorced. She removed me from FB when she got engaged. While she never did anything wrong to me I don't know how I would feel if she wanted to try to reconnect beyond being FB friends.

Mod cut: Image deleted. Like I said, a unicorn.
I don't think she was really interested in you to begin with. And besides, six months into a failed marriage raises some red flags.

Save yourself some misery and forget about her.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
I have a friend like this, I had a romance with him in my late teens, then he married in 2008.We chatted and talked about our past.Last year he is divorced but I'm not going to pursue him he chose another.And like another poster said the marriage was short.You do wonder what happened?

Old 10-21-2014, 06:10 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,836 times
Fyi, a unicorn means looks AND personality. A woman who would so foolishly marry a man so soon then get divorced so soon after is far from a unicorn in my book.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:47 PM

783 posts, read 849,561 times
We didn't date long enough for me to get a good judge of her personality. I do agree that 'Unicorn' is the complete package of looks and personality. I asked the mod if I can post a link to a page that has her photos for that wanted to see her.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:08 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Who cares what she looks like, it has nothing to do with anything. Are you trying to show off? Prove you like women who are attractive? Get over it, move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships