Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 02:54 PM

1,098 posts, read 903,337 times

Advertisements

Can it be done? I start work at 3am so I'm only free before 5pm. Whenever I go out it throws me off and I feel tired for days after. I'm incredibly bored during the day. I just posted an Ad on Craigslist but my expectations are extremely low. I just don't know what to do..I'm 23 and I really want to date.

Is the obvious answer to find a new job? I like my current job...

Any Suggestions? I feel like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 02:58 PM

374 posts, read 393,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Can it be done? I start work at 3am so I'm only free before 5pm. Whenever I go out it throws me off and I feel tired for days after. I'm incredibly bored during the day. I just posted an Ad on Craigslist but my expectations are extremely low. I just don't know what to do..I'm 23 and I really want to date.

Any Suggestions? I feel like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack
My first suggestion is to not post on craigslist, try another website like match or something like that.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:12 PM

367 posts, read 697,503 times
You can start a profile on POF or some other dating site stating that you work a certain shift and would like to meet someone in the same boat. Maybe join a meet up group in your area .

Old 03-19-2014, 03:29 PM

532 posts, read 1,177,410 times
Either find another night shifter, another job, or be willing to be a little tired. Can't have it all I'm afraid. I've been doing 7pm-7am for years and yes it's a pain for dating. However if the other person is worth it I'll cut my sleep short a few hours to meet them.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:34 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,800 times
You can post how you'd like to meet someone who works a night shift also or is a nightowl and prefers to date someone with an odd schedule.

I workout late at night and meet other nightowls like myself.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:39 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,994 times
Going to be tough but sure it can be done. If you are serious about finding true love and are in the place where you want to get married then you need to prepare to switch to a more desireable shift so that you can have time to spend with you special guy. I just let a female go that was in the same work situation as you. She worked 3 - 12 and I work 7 - 3 so it was a headache for the both of us. I could have dropped by her place late at night to bang it out and then head home but that was not my desire. I think you should look into another shift.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:51 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,864 times
Do you get any days off?

Old 03-19-2014, 04:14 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
There is tons of professions where people work night shift. Shouldn't be too difficult to find somebody.

How about a hot nurse?
Air port workers.
Manufacturing laborers
Drivers.
hotline people
movie industry
oil industry
24/7 fitness/gym staff
waitress/bartender

Old 10-20-2014, 08:42 PM

2 posts, read 9,755 times
Default dating site for night workers!!

There is a brand new dating site for people that work nights or odd hours...NIGHTSHIFTDATERS.COM. Need help spreading the word...it is growing completely organically. Early bird gets the worm at nightshiftdaters.com.

QUOTE=Jame22;33951512]Can it be done? I start work at 3am so I'm only free before 5pm. Whenever I go out it throws me off and I feel tired for days after. I'm incredibly bored during the day. I just posted an Ad on Craigslist but my expectations are extremely low. I just don't know what to do..I'm 23 and I really want to date.

Any Suggestions? I feel like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack[/quote]

Old 10-20-2014, 08:47 PM

2 posts, read 9,755 times
There is a brand new dating site for those working nights or odd hours...NIGHTSHIFTDATERS.COM. Site is brand new and growing fast, need help spreading the word as site will be grown organically without fake profiles like many other dating sites. Early bird really does get the worm at nightshiftdaters.com!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships