Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 06:13 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,016,468 times

Advertisements

Seems like no one dances anymore.

When I go out I see guys at the bar and women usually in groups of 3-4 sitting at a table together, doing nothing.

Does anyone go dancing anymore? Trying to find a female dance partner is touch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 06:15 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
I wouldn't make a night of it, but if it spontainoiusly comes up, I'd go dancing.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:24 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
I dance every day in the elevator at work. I do this crazy kind of dance (usually something that involves moving a lot and thrashing my hair about or shaking my butt at the elevator doors) and then stop and act all serious when the doors open Never tried it with another person in the elevator though... hmmm.

I'd dance if I was at a place that has dancing, but I am not really a night club kind of person, so I am usually limited to weddings and such. Although I am thinking of attending a singles event next month that is dinner and dancing. Haven't made up my mind about it yet because it costs money and I am kind of already doing a lot of stuff out already.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:28 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
I think a lot of people don't know how to dance, or feel foolish trying with what they do know.

My father was a master dancer "the jitterbug." He was short and bald and always found women to go out with because he could dance.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:28 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I dance every day in the elevator at work. I do this crazy kind of dance (usually something that involves moving a lot and thrashing my hair about or shaking my butt at the elevator doors) and then stop and act all serious when the doors open Never tried it with another person in the elevator though... hmmm.
Twerking in the elevator is quite common these days, JB.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:31 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
My husband and I go out to lounges that have DJs, but unfortunately I won't dance on the dance floor for a number of reasons: 1. I tower over everybody and hate standing out on the floor, 2. my husband can't really dance, but he tries 3. the DJs usually bite...they start to play a great song and then change it within 30 seconds.

But I do miss going out with my girlfriends just to dance (again, I stayed on the side and danced unless I was under the influence of liquid courage.)

Old 10-20-2014, 06:33 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Twerking in the elevator is quite common these days, JB.
Really... darn. I need a new gig now. Maybe I should act like a mime trapped in a box I just get some weird kind of thrill acting like a weirdo in public when I should be all serious and business-like, but knowing no one can see me (I think... who knows, I might be on YouTube for all I know )

Old 10-20-2014, 06:37 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post

I'd dance if I was at a place that has dancing, but I am not really a night club kind of person, so I am usually limited to weddings and such. Although I am thinking of attending a singles event next month that is dinner and dancing. Haven't made up my mind about it yet because it costs money and I am kind of already doing a lot of stuff out already.

going down???? hehehe

(aerosmith reference)

Old 10-20-2014, 06:37 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Seems like no one dances anymore.

When I go out I see guys at the bar and women usually in groups of 3-4 sitting at a table together, doing nothing.

Does anyone go dancing anymore? Trying to find a female dance partner is touch.
in my living room? Every day

out? not so often. Not sure where you are - maybe "no lights no lyrca" is for you -. The NLNL Story - NO LIGHTS NO LYCRA

Last edited by artemis agrotera; 10-20-2014 at 07:02 PM..

Old 10-20-2014, 06:40 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
but dont't forget who's taking you home and in my arms your gonna be

so, darling, save the last dance for me

slow dancing, swaying to the music, no one else in the whole wide world.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships