Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 03:40 PM

13 posts, read 45,793 times

Advertisements

This guy who is 28 years old and I'm starting to get to know each other after we met briefly at a restaurant while I was having dinner with my friends. We plan on hanging out this coming week. We talk almost everyday mostly through texts, and sometimes on the phone. He's usually the first to text me everyday. Today we were texting, and he says these things:

"You're good at making me reflect on myself haha. You have some weird effect on me. You make me think too much."

So I replied, "uh oh. haha"

He replies back, "haha. uh oh. it's good"

What does he mean by this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 03:43 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,150,566 times
Means he's kissing your asz and telling you what he thinks you want to hear! It seems to be working too.

Seriously, he seems to be trying to show that there is some sort of "mental connection." It's not bad, I'm sure his intentions ( *cough*getting laid) mean well.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:28 PM

7 posts, read 6,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Means he's kissing your asz and telling you what he thinks you want to hear! It seems to be working too.

Seriously, he seems to be trying to show that there is some sort of "mental connection." It's not bad, I'm sure his intentions ( *cough*getting laid) mean well.
I agree with this. People say all types of things to get what they want. Not saying he is a bad guy but I believe the connection is a good. Heres a tip dont pay attention to what people say, pay attention to how they react. Read people body language that works most of the time.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:32 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,381,847 times
Yep, he likes you and is telling you the things he believes will make you like him too.

If you do, ride that pony, if you don't, set it free

Old 10-25-2014, 04:36 PM

52,239 posts, read 52,648,334 times
He may be trying to butter you up or he may be sincere... either way... there are worse things a guy could say or think about you......

Old 10-25-2014, 04:38 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,227,737 times
All guys intentions are to get laid. Only after sex occurs can an honest conversation happen.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:42 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,381,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
All guys intentions are to get laid. Only after sex occurs can an honest conversation happen.
Not really, but if you think so.....

Old 10-25-2014, 04:45 PM

52,239 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Quote:
I've been on this forum for much longer than I care to admit and you.. you are probably the only guy I've ever thought this about... you really really appear to have a sex addiction... you can't mention a thread without talking about getting laid... I mean really... I'm not offended or am I trying to talk smack to you and yeah, you're right to a degree... most men only want to get laid... but not all and not by a long shot... there are plenty of guy out there that are respectful and getting tail isn't their only mission....

But you... you are a woman's nightmare in term of that... you'd never be satisfied... I imagine you'd have a woman ball ya 2 times a day and you'd still find a way to mention or complain about not getting enough.....

I, like all men, like sex... really .... but you take it to a level that warrants a bit of professional help........

The point I'm making is that the OP had nothing what so ever to do with sex and you steered the convo right back to that same same same tired ass subject of getting some....

Go get some help....

Old 10-25-2014, 04:46 PM

596 posts, read 627,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny85 View Post
Today we were texting, and he says these things:

"You're good at making me reflect on myself haha. You have some weird effect on me. You make me think too much."
Idk why, but whenever I hear this now it makes me want to run for the hills!

I'm not sure if I can come to the same conclusions as the previous posters that his intentions may be...bad, but in my experience when I've had a guy say "I feel like I can be open with you," or "I feel like you challenge me to see the world differently" blah blah blah, they eventually pull the "disappearing act."

I don't know if it is because like the other two posters said--they're just looking to butter you up--or its because they fall too quickly and it scares them?

But either way, no one should have this much influence on someone this early into the "relationship."

Old 10-25-2014, 05:42 PM

708 posts, read 823,527 times
Quote:

There is much projection in your words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships