Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 11:06 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times

Advertisements

No. I don't like cold approaches. I have had those. If he's hot as hell, that's great. but I need to at least have a staring convo. it doesn't need to be an interview, just some nice small talk first, as a bit of an icebreaker, asking to meet somewhere, like for ice-cream, coffee, or something small, then chat a bit more..

But just coming up with "Can I have our number?" Just seems like lack of social graces and game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 11:06 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
I don't care how "fictionally" handsome he is.

If I don't know them, they aren't getting anything from me.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:08 AM

26 posts, read 20,707 times
@Wmsn, Nah thats just what my pitiable life revolver around.
I start the morning off by hiting the gym, then exfoliate- full skin care routine, trim unwanted hair, take a shower, do facial yoga for 10 minutes, a scalp massage for 5 minutes, hand stand to promotf blood flow to sculp, style hair, get dressed and head out.
i repeat facial yoga during lunch and before i sleep.
Im male but keep a make-up compact with me all the time. Im hetero so keep a slightly rugged profile with styled stubble.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:09 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacialAESTHETICS View Post
Ahh, intimidation or an inferiority complex?
P.s. You'll be suprised at how many male models date objectively down.
Definitely interesting. If you don't mind elaborating. I want to know more about this.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:10 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
@Wmsn, Nah thats just what my pitiable life revolver around.
I start the morning off by hiting the gym, then exfoliate- full skin care routine, trim unwanted hair, take a shower, do facial yoga for 10 minutes, a scalp massage for 5 minutes, hand stand to promotf blood flow to sculp, style hair, get dressed and head out.
i repeat facial yoga during lunch and before i sleep.
Im male but keep a make-up compact with me all the time. Im hetero so keep a slightly rugged profile with styled stubble.
Whatever works for you!

I would not hand over my number regardless of his aesthetic. I read inside the book, not just the cover.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:11 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I get the feeling you recently learned this word ...

Old 10-29-2014, 11:23 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
???
why not?
Now, lets assume you are walking down the street and see a man with 10/10 aesthetics. A face sculpted by the gods in the form of Adonis. An ethereal beauty who is handsomer than anything youve ever seen.
he makes his way to you and looks you in the eyes, his gaze caressing you tenderly and he asks in a deep soulful bass-baritone, 'hi, can I have your number?"
how do you react?
WTF.

So you ask the question and assume everyone's answer in no before we have the opportunity to speak then assume we would if the guy was hot.

If you are the dude that a big H E L L NO!

Old 10-29-2014, 11:26 AM

@Halfamazing, people have defensive mechanisms socially as well. I've theorized about it quite some bit. Any deviation from the norm for good or bad arouses suspicion, unease etc. In people. Tending along the generic but being above average is ideal in most things.
There are alot of subsidiary issues as well. Women are reluctant to date men better looking than them - conforming to traditional roles- the odd hypergamous women will bite.
stereotypes of infidelity play a part.
hence guys like simon nessman -google- date down. It may be prefence or personality for all i know.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:30 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Yes. That's how people used to get dates, although there was more chitchat before giving said phøne number.

This is how dating was back in the Stone Age. You meet someone cute and chit chat for a few minutes before exchanging numbers. ( usually on a napkin or arm)

Then they called you and you talked for awhile before deciding if you wanted to go on a date. ( not coffee or happy hour)

If you weren't home, they left a message on your machine and you called them back.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:30 AM

@2mares, my assumption is correct for 90% of people. Is it not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships