Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 10:41 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,900,531 times

Advertisements

Can I have his #?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 12:01 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,742,471 times
I think the situation isn't really worth thinking about anymore.

We got to talk a little on FB and he gave me certain details which confirm my initial thought of politely declining his offer.

He started talking about his past loves and stated that he dated a girl for about 10 months. She dumped him 3 weeks ago. This screams "rebound". The way he phrased his sentence is a red flag in itself: "My soulmate (girlfriend) left me 3 weeks ago". If he's using the words "soulmate" and "girlfriend", he sure isn't ready to date just yet.

I had to ask him if he's religious as he was explaining what kind of girl he's into. The moment I asked the question, he log off the chat. Coincidence? I think not.

No need for me to worry anymore.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:05 PM

20,770 posts, read 19,998,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post

We got to talk a little on FB and he gave me certain details which confirm my initial thought of politely declining his offer.

He started talking about his past loves and stated that he dated a girl for about 10 months. She dumped him 3 weeks ago. This screams "rebound". The way he phrased his sentence is a red flag in itself: "My soulmate (girlfriend) left me 3 weeks ago". If he's using the words "soulmate" and "girlfriend", he sure isn't ready to date just yet.

I had to ask him if he's religious as he was explaining what kind of girl he's into. The moment I asked the question, he log off the chat. Coincidence? I think not.

Good! He wasn't the right one anyway or you would have felt differently right from the start!

Old 11-11-2014, 12:10 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,623,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
decently reject him. Tell him you are not ready yet.

Yes,

Neither one of you are in a position to be looking for new love interests. You still haven't gotten over your last relationship.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:38 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,420,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post

Hmm.. glad you found out!

The boy did almost sound too good to be true.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:49 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,115,658 times
I think if you ever want to have a good relationship, then it's important for you to take a look at yourself and why you keep getting hung up on guys that don't treat you well, are emotionally unavailable/just looking to hook up, or for whatever other reason are not right for you. I've been there myself more times than I care to admit getting hung up for weeks and sometimes months on guys recently out of relationships, guys who led me on and wouldn't commit, guys who lived with their parents and didn't have stable employment, and on and on.

Maybe you're just not ready for a long term serious relationship, so you choose guys who you know deep down won't give you that anyway. I'm almost 31 and I've grown up and past those games now. I truly feel ready for a serious relationship and I would appreciate the hell out of a decent guy who wants to commit and knows how to communicate his feelings and not play games. I think when you're ready for something and someone meaningful you'll stop pining for guys like the one you're hung up on now and you'll realize those guys are a waste of time and will never change.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:54 PM

11,809 posts, read 12,049,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Maybe you're just not ready for a long term serious relationship, so you choose guys who you know deep down won't give you that anyway.

I think when you're ready for something and someone meaningful you'll stop pining for guys like the one you're hung up on now and you'll realize those guys are a waste of time and will never change.
The bolded is a very profound statement!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships