Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 10:45 AM

192 posts, read 205,675 times

Advertisements

were these signals from women that i missed, over the last few years, or am I reading too much into them?

* Girl who I get along with GREAT, hugs me after class every day etc tells me after class she's "sick of going out all the time" and might want to stay in this weekend. Tells me to call her if I want to do something. I thought she was just being nice.

* There was a girl in my class last semester. Very pretty. We didn't talk much because we sat on other sides of the room. She was also quiet in the class setting, but when she spoke she seemed nice.

I hadn't seen her since December, until a Friday night in early May at the bar. I don't drink and she knows that, even so, when she saw me she came running over, yelling my name. I got a kiss on the cheek, and we held each others hands while talking. She wasn't very drunk, and her friend was totally fine. Before she leaves she gives me her number and tells me to meet her at another bar that night. I didn't call her.

* Meet a girl at a bar, I start talking about her wanting to come back to my place, she asks if my roommates are around. Wasn't sure how to reply.

* Girl writes on my fb wall for my bday, saying we should go out for drinks (even though we've never hung out). We go. I wasn't sure if it was a date or not, so I didn't flirt w her. Just ate wings and talked. Really awkward.

Did I mess up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 10:50 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,868,525 times
You've been so obsessed with bagging cougars, you missed all the obvious slam-dunks with women your age.

Someone outright tells you to call them if you want to do something (after daily hugs for weeks/months), and you think she's just being nice? There are a million ways to "just be nice" without telling someone to call you if you want to do something over the weekend!

Old 11-11-2014, 10:52 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,008,529 times
Yes.

Except the quiet girl. Sounds like she just happened to be in the same room as you.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
You've been so obsessed with bagging cougars, you missed all the obvious slam-dunks with women your age.

Someone outright tells you to call them if you want to do something (after daily hugs for weeks/months), and you think she's just being nice? There are a million ways to "just be nice" without telling someone to call you if they want to do something over the weekend!

they were all incredibly good looking, there was no way they'd be interested in me.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:54 AM

248 posts, read 259,618 times
Yeah bud, you messed up big time. The first two especially made it pretty obvious they were into you.
I wish this kinda stuff would happen to me...

Old 11-11-2014, 10:56 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,008,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada Boy View Post
they were all incredibly good looking, there was no way they'd be interested in me.
If that's what you think, then you're probably right.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:57 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,868,525 times
Quote:
Except they were. (Except for the quiet one.) But you wrote them off. The hugging one probably thinks you're gay now. And the bar one who gave you her number (women never give you their number unless they're into you. Except for when you ask for it first, and they give you a fake one), but you wrote that off too. You could've called her the next day, if you didn't wanna go bar-hopping with her that night.

Old 11-11-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Except they were. (Except for the quiet one.) But you wrote them off. The hugging one probably thinks you're gay now. And the bar one who gave you her number (women never give you their number unless they're into you. Except for when you ask for it first, and they give you a fake one), but you wrote that off too. You could've called her the next day, if you didn't wanna go bar-hopping with her that night.
*sigh* I've thought this. I wish there was some way i could change that, she lives 2k miles away now.

Old 11-11-2014, 11:31 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,361,564 times
Lol, you're too much, Homefries.

Old 11-11-2014, 11:40 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,432,101 times
Quote:
were these signals from women that i missed, over the last few years, or am I reading too much into them?

* Girl who I get along with GREAT, hugs me after class every day etc tells me after class she's "sick of going out all the time" and might want to stay in this weekend. Tells me to call her if I want to do something. I thought she was just being nice.

* There was a girl in my class last semester. Very pretty. We didn't talk much because we sat on other sides of the room. She was also quiet in the class setting, but when she spoke she seemed nice.

I hadn't seen her since December, until a Friday night in early May at the bar. I don't drink and she knows that, even so, when she saw me she came running over, yelling my name. I got a kiss on the cheek, and we held each others hands while talking. She wasn't very drunk, and her friend was totally fine. Before she leaves she gives me her number and tells me to meet her at another bar that night. I didn't call her.

* Meet a girl at a bar, I start talking about her wanting to come back to my place, she asks if my roommates are around. Wasn't sure how to reply.

* Girl writes on my fb wall for my bday, saying we should go out for drinks (even though we've never hung out). We go. I wasn't sure if it was a date or not, so I didn't flirt w her. Just ate wings and talked. Really awkward.

Did I mess up?
Yep. But keep messing up, so a nice innocent girl won't wind up with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships