Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 03:15 PM

78 posts, read 55,243 times

Advertisements

I have lived in the state of Texas for my entire life, and enjoy most of what our unique state has to offer.

That being said I have occasionally contemplated relocating, to another state for various reasons; (the climate, better employment opportunities,etc).

However I never gave it very serious consideration until a recent revelation.

I have always been attracted to a certain type of women. I realize that the definition of attractive differs by the individual, however I am speaking from my perspective of what I consider to be an attractive woman.

My type is usually a short, slender(but not skinny) Caucasian female with red/strawberry blonde hair (with bangs). This individual is usually middle class with some education (not necessarily a masters degree or PHd). They are usually between 28-43 years of age.

I have always been attracted to the same type, with no success. I am beginning to wonder if this is due to myself or merely a great scarcity of such women in the Texas area.

That being said I also suspect that these type of women find me unattractive physically. I am 20 years old. Average height.Not overweight. Hispanic (my father is white, my mother hispanic), though many think that I look Asian due to my lighter complexion and straight hair.

What is your opinion?

I realize that Texas demographics have changed drastically with the influx of immigrants from other conutries. Would I be better off moving to another state, where there are more women who are my type?

Or, should I focus on changing my appearance in an attempt to better appeal to the few women who fit my physical specifications, and live in my area?

I have observed that most of these women seem to be attracted to men with similar physical qualities as themselves(white,blonde/red haired), so this could prove to quite a challenge for me with the scarcity of these type of women.

Please share your opinion.

Your perspective is welcomed.

Thank you,

Robert

Old 11-15-2014, 03:34 PM

Any feedback on my questions?

All opinions are welcomed and appreciated?

Thank you much!

Old 11-15-2014, 03:37 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
My opinion is that women with strawberry-blond hair are very rare anywhere. You're severely limiting yourself to the point of absurdity.

You're 20 years old, but you're looking for women between 28 and 43? Or did I misunderstand you?

Are you college-educated? At 20, I guess the answer would be "no", but are you pursuing higher education? If so, look around campus and see who comes close to fitting your preferences. Also consider adding personality to your preferences. Picking a certain colored doll off the shelf won't work unless you look deeper, and think about compatibility.

I think you have a lot of work to do on yourself, and I don't mean the exterior, before you're ready to date.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:41 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Time to write your state legislator.

And what Ruth said.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:43 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,351,006 times
...clearly never been to Austin

Old 11-15-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterBlues View Post
...clearly never been to Austin
Yeah, that's what I was going to suggest. Austin, but also--California.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
My opinion is that women with strawberry-blond hair are very rare anywhere. You're severely limiting yourself to the point of absurdity.

You're 20 years old, but you're looking for women between 28 and 43? Or did I misunderstand you?

Are you college-educated? At 20, I guess the answer would be "no", but are you pursuing higher education? If so, look around campus and see who comes close to fitting your preferences. Also consider adding personality to your preferences. Picking a certain colored doll off the shelf won't work unless you look deeper, and think about compatibility.

I think you have a lot of work to do on yourself, and I don't mean the exterior, before you're ready to date.
Thanks for your response Ruth.

Yes, I do prefer older women. They seem to posses to maturity and intelligence that those closer to my age don't quite have yet (I'm not saying they won't ever). However I am willing to consider one in my age bracket, if it was the right type of person.

No, I am not college educated. I am currently working, to learn a mechanical field.

That being said, my work location has many of these type of women all of whom have ignored me.

The secretary of our company fits my description to a tee, and is aware that I am interested.Unfourntaely for me she has a boyfriend, and also seems offended by the fact that I consider her attractive.

It is all very discouraging!

Thanks again for your response Ruth!

Any other feedback is most welcomed!

Old 11-15-2014, 03:50 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
You sound very familiar.

What other usernames have you used here, OP?

Old 11-15-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You sound very familiar.

What other usernames have you used here, OP?
I started this thread today. If you look at my previous posts you will see that I only used this account one other time prior to today.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:58 PM

OK, OP, so you're looking for a strawberry blonde, older than you/mature, with some higher education, who's open to dating Hispanics. In Texas.

Again, you're looking for a rarity. You'll have to broaden your criteria. I find it hard to believe that your workplace is full of strawberry blondes. Maybe that's not what you meant by "these type of women".

And btw, since you're going into a "mechanical field", you might consider taking some community college-level engineering classes. It could come in handy. And you'll be around other students--better social prospects. Just a friendly helpful tip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships