Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For those of you who lost your virginity as adults, do you regret missing out on young love? Post a
Yes 3 20.00%
No 12 80.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 10:25 AM

408 posts, read 722,460 times

Advertisements

I've always sort of wondered if people who lose their virginity late, late meaning after college, in their 30's, 40's or older, do they ever regret missing out on all the dating and sex they could've had when they were young?

Old 11-14-2014, 10:26 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
There is no guarantee that anyone will be dating or have sex when they are young and it is very difficult to miss something one never had in the first place.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
There is no guarantee that anyone will be dating or have sex when they are young and it is very difficult to miss something one never had in the first place.
Well I think more than 90% of people have dated and had sex when they were young. It's pretty unusual to be an adult with a job and still be a virgin. I think after 35 or 40 the number of virgins is less than 1% of the population in that age group. And even if you do manage to lose it dating when older is usually more formal than when you are younger. So I'm just wondering if these people ever have any regrets for missing out.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:31 AM

136 posts, read 118,388 times
i guess, but then I don't regret anything in life.... I know it's because I don't have standard knowledge, but I'm getting it soon.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:31 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
Damn, another virgin thread, Lol.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Damn, another virgin thread, Lol.
Sorry man. The reason we come to these threads is because it's terrifying talking about this stuff in real life. I don't think anybody who knows me knows that I'm a 26 year old virgin. Some have probably guessed but noone has confirmed it to my face that they think or know.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:36 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,716,751 times
There are different people everywhere.

There are some who have dated and there are others who haven't. Some people's priorities are different. Some people want to date and get the experience as soon as possible, and think it's important. Other people simply don't care about experiencing young love or having sex at an earlier age.

Personally I believe it is quite refreshing to meet someone with with a different mindset, that doesn't prioritize dating or making it to be the end all be all. Most of the people I know in relationships warn me to stay away from them and stay single. A lot also tell me I need to start dating soon, when in all honesty I don't care lol.

To me personally it really doesn't matter. I don't believe people should freak out over something like that anyways. It's not that serious.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:38 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
Well I think more than 90% of people have dated and had sex when they were young. It's pretty unusual to be an adult with a job and still be a virgin. I think after 35 or 40 the number of virgins is less than 1% of the population in that age group. And even if you do manage to lose it dating when older is usually more formal than when you are younger. So I'm just wondering if these people ever have any regrets for missing out.

What exactly is "more formal" when it comes to losing one's virginity? It is lost the same way no matter what your age.
Generally in my experience being older we don't dwell on things that "could have been", it's too close to
"what if" which can bring paranoia and doubts.
Then there are those of us who never revolved ourselves, lives or identities around others. We lived and continue to live for us, doing what we love to do and makes us happy.

Again, let me stress that one cannot regret or miss something they never had in the first place.
There is nothing to compare to so nothing to regret or miss.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:39 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Sorry man. The reason we come to these threads is because it's terrifying talking about this stuff in real life. I don't think anybody who knows me knows that I'm a 26 year old virgin. Some have probably guessed but noone has confirmed it to my face that they think or know.
Honey, "terrifying" is a grisley bear charging you, an 18 wheeler skidding toward you on a motorcycle, a bolt of lightening hitting within 2 feet of where you are standing.

Being a virgin is not terrifying

You are psyching yourself out and being your own worst enemy when you insist on writing that kind of story in your head.

26 is still young. And guess what? Your sex life is nobody's damn business and anyone who would be crass enough to ask you about it is someone you should lose as a friend.

RELAX. Focus on developing your social skills and let nature take its course.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:39 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
Quote:
You're yet to know this, but being a virgin isn't an issue for a lot of people. If talking about it helps you, then carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships