Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 03:46 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
no it isnt another family, its his boyfriend, he told me.
Oh my god! It's you, isn't it! You're the other man! It's obvious!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 03:58 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post

(Gets the popcorn sits intently at edge of chair)

Old 11-16-2014, 06:27 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post

raena and i wanted to teach you a lesson, or she did anyway.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:18 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Seriously? Dude, you are off the rails. You have no business even talking to women, much less dating them. I expect that most any woman, after a few conversations with you, would be able to see what a nut she was dealing with, and I would be very surprised if she did anything other than blow you off.
Look, you don't know what it's like to be where I am. I'm isolated in the middle of nowhere. I feel very alone all the time. I've been through a lot of crap with the military this past year. I've always struggled with dating, but I've never had the kind of full blown anxiety attacks that I have now.

Do you know how difficult dating has been for me over the years? I didn't really have a father growing up, had no role model. I've always had confidence issues ever since I could remember. I've always had anxiety and I've always been a worrier.

I did the PUA thing because I didn't know what I was doing with women. Women liked me, but I didn't know how to get them. Then, I got into PUA and got laid a lot. When I started looking for a relationship, however, my issues came back with a vengeance, even worse. Then I joined the military and started my career in the middle of nowhere. (Just to give you some background, EVERYONE that I work with has issues as well. One is on severe antidepressants and two others have developed obvious drinking problems)

Before the military, I was confused and did struggle. Since joining the military, it has been pure hell.

I guess my natural reaction has been to blame women. I do realize that this is unfair and I really am trying to seek help.

What's even worse is that I don't even like this woman that much. There are many yellow flags that turn me off from her. Intellectually, I know this. Emotionally, I've been having a massive anxiety attack all day. What's worse is that I have no idea why this is happening....and I don't know how to fix it. I thought that I would be able to handle this on my own, but it seems to be getting worse. AND I'm on anxiety meds right now. Could you imagine what would happen if I wasn't taking these meds?

I spoke with my mother, did some catch-up work, and went to the gym. I think you all are right. I'd really like to get married and have kids some day and I know that it won't be possible in my current state. I have 11 months left in this area. That's 11 months to seek weekly therapy, get in good shape, and get better at my career before leaving the military. Also, it will give me sometime to plan my future.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:55 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
every dating experience I have makes it seem even worse.
YOU are making it seem worse. You shouldn't be dating until you can stop mentally mugging yourself after every little incident. Your mind is attacking you. You're in no condition to attempt dating. It has nothing to do with being out in the middle of nowhere. That's irrelevant. You need to get control of your mental processes, and learn to take things calmly, like other people do.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:09 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
The last phone conversation went well. We were planning our next date. I did text her yesterday because it was her birthday. Wished her happy birthday and responded right away.

So it's clear that something happened between yesterday and today to make her not interested, likely a new guy.

How am I supposed to "improve" when women just keep lying to me and treating me like crap?

Well, I live in the middle of nowhere right now and I'm stuck here for the next year. I made a promise to myself that if this didn't work out with this girl, I would stop seriously pursuing women and focus on the gym, therapy, and my next career move.

Honestly, I may never date again because I'm so fed up with this nonsense. Women just have too many options these days and a below average to average looking man just can't match up.
I think you are on the right track. Not dating will be better for you and the people around you.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:18 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Yeah, I'm done with this particular woman. I was just hoping that maybe this one wouldn't be like all of the rest, since she is a bit older, we are in similar career fields, and she talks a good game (claims to have good values, etc).

I always seem to hope for this, but end up disappointed.

And, as I said, I don't have many dating options to begin with because I live in the middle of nowhere and am not physically attractive.
And yet, in other posts, you claim that there are several women in your workplace who ARE attracted to you, but you cannot date them for fear of getting arrested, "or worse" (by that I assume you mean capital punishment )

Do you see how disordered your thinking is? It is almost bordering on Persecutory Delusions

Ask your psychiatrist if he/she thinks antipsychotic medications (treatment for these delusions) might help?

Here's another thought. The problem is not with the women you try to date, but with you. They sense that there is something going on with your mental state that makes you unsafe to date.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:25 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
i chuckled when someone mentioned reading magazines.

i am too lazy to write out my response on that ^ subject as it will be too long and will veer off topic quickly

but suffice to say, op you are sounding/acting like a female

1) you have concocted some "game" for yourself for dealing with the opposite sex

2) you are overanalyzing stuff like a female would
This is something that some people do not just women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships