Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 07:27 PM

530 posts, read 902,742 times

Advertisements

CONGRATULATIONS! Bad marriages are a type of living hell. It was for me. And mixed emotions is normal, but throw yourself a new beginning party for yourself! Get you a cake, cup cake, brownie something and sing sweet freedom to yourself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 07:44 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Wasn't sure when I spotted this post, a partner in a Gay marriage? And then, I thought: Nah! It's too early for that! 9 years?

But just wait! There'll be tons of those threads coming about over the next 10-20 years!

"I'd like to kill those people who pushed us into same-sex marriages! Sheesh! The man/woman I married, I found out too late, wasn't even Gay! He/She was nothing more than a gold digger!"
For pity's sake, no one has pushed you into a same-sex marriage. What people want is equal opportunity for themselves to marry the consenting adult of their choice.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:30 PM

3 posts, read 2,647 times
After 18 years of going back and forth with all the disagreements, arguing, aggravation, walking on egg shells, lack of true love, and hoping thing might one day get better, but only get worse. I'm so tired and too old, to be living like this, after a 21 year retirement. I never thought I would be considering "Divorce", but I see more and more, their's no other way to a peaceful life. Can anyone give me some direction on what to do first, to start the ball rolling? Thank-You and God-Bless.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:04 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,679 times
Dumb question, but how did you two ever manage to hook up in the first place?

Old 11-29-2014, 11:44 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,912,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
After nine and a half years of drama, turmoil, and strife....it's finally over.
Congrats... now you can begin writing the new chapter in your life

Old 11-30-2014, 10:51 AM
YAZ YAZ started this thread

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Dumb question, but how did you two ever manage to hook up in the first place?
One can ask ANY divorced couple that question, and it's not dumb.

Sometimes, people change. Sometimes, they don't.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace-44 View Post
After 18 years of going back and forth with all the disagreements, arguing, aggravation, walking on egg shells, lack of true love, and hoping thing might one day get better, but only get worse. I'm so tired and too old, to be living like this, after a 21 year retirement. I never thought I would be considering "Divorce", but I see more and more, their's no other way to a peaceful life. Can anyone give me some direction on what to do first, to start the ball rolling? Thank-You and God-Bless.
Agree on as much as possible.....who gets what.....to limit how much the lawyers get.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:55 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ppzFVjI0Y

Old 11-30-2014, 07:16 PM

3 posts, read 2,647 times
What's the price ranges for Divorce Attorney's, and the time fame from start to finish? I know it will vary, but tell me what the average payment to expect. Thank-You.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace-44 View Post
What's the price ranges for Divorce Attorney's, and the time fame from start to finish? I know it will vary, but tell me what the average payment to expect. Thank-You.
May I suggest divorcing as amicably as possible?

I had one consult with a lawyer through my EAP from my employer. We used a service and the total cost was around $800. It helps when your soon to be ex has jumped right in with a new lover.

You see, they don't think clearly and will take cash and run.

My lawyer advised me to remain nice and allow her take as many mutually owned things as she wanted. I'm much better off with the house than a few paintings from Sears.

There's very little equity in our home, so everyone would lose if we sold it. I have started the re-fi process to get the mortgage in my name only (nice reduction re: mortgage payment), and had a notary public create a quit claim deed to relinquish her from any property rights in the future.

Protect yourself.

Oh.

Here in AZ, there's a 60 day waiting period after the initial filing. In our case, we filed on September 12 and the judge signed off on the dissolution of marriage on November 17.

I will have the official divorce decree in my hands by Christmas.

Last edited by YAZ; 12-01-2014 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: add
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships