Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 08:49 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times

Advertisements

At my age, the women on OKCupid tend to be real, but their boobs tend to be fake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 09:03 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,532,532 times
Some are fakes. Some are just flakes. For reasons we'll never know they'll spell out what they want and, even though you might meet their demands to a T, they will ignore your message.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:26 PM

15 posts, read 12,050 times
Keep on doing what your doing. I need some help for us older farts and you are definately helping LOL.

You people act like you can't tell the difference between hook ups and someone wanting a husband/father/real love etc etc.

Dude obviously is talking about p***y and panties geez. I was doing that like 20 years ago so I know how it goes.. fun fun.. while it lasts..... But I do miss it when I read posts like this.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:42 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callofdutyplayer View Post
It tried it on okcupid yesterday I guess they are pretty trashy there too http://i.imgur.com/9T0y8GS.png

And you are saying not the most good looking because you are a guy. If you were a girl you would say eyes right away http://mdak.on.com/md/397/0g3ufny2m324pqs1r8ea_L.jpg
Yep, that's it. Because I am a guy.

Old 11-22-2014, 02:32 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post

Maybe hold off on revealing strange sexual desires until the 6th date or so.

NO no, please OP, let all your perversions hang out on the onset.

I can only appear "pleasantly normal" in comparison when I swoop in to give it the old college try.

Old 11-22-2014, 02:56 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,500,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz View Post
If you want more responses!... read the profile and write something related to them and their profile.. such as .."Wow, i see you really like x type of movies and I'm a huge fan of movie x... have you seen that? Maybe we can check out a movie together?" Tell something about yourself!!!! how you might be a match for them.. Sell yourself.

Read the profile to make sure you are a "fit" to what they are asking for. non smoker/christian/life of the party/outdoors person/ etc...
You mean well, but seeing others results elsewhere means that personal messages don't work for the low return, hence, "copypasta". Look, OLD is all about looks. Period. A gal can post a bunch of garbage about how she loves museums, the zoo, ball games, traveling, etc. It doesn't mean anything, because she likely doesn't do them on her own and odds are her parents are asking when she's going to make cute kids and not about her silly next cruise plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You might have gotten a higher % if you'd told them that they're beautiful.
I thought women wanted something unique in the messages they get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
The purpose of OLD is to increase the size of your pool (number of people to ask) not your success rate (% of that number who say yes). If you think dating sites will help your success rate, you are sadly mistaken.
Correct. See my last point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Trust me my friend met some some guys there!
You mean women who are outnumbered by 3-1 or even 10-1 can meet guys if they aren't complete social lepers? Interdasting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkydapimp View Post
what your experiencing is the downside to free dating sites. People create profiles but because its free there isnt much of an incentive to use it, so they forget about it, or barely check it.
I really though the downside to OLD profiles was people who are socially inept meeting other socially inept people. Actually, they probably don't meet that often and a study says those who do meet and eventually marry divorce quite a bit, too.

Couples who met online three times more likely to divorce - Telegraph

Which, for some reason, does contrast to this Eharmony funded study:

Online Dating Leads To Higher Marriage Satisfaction, Lower Divorce Rates: Study

Old 11-22-2014, 03:18 AM

103 posts, read 124,632 times
Online dating whether it's okcupid/pof/match/etc. is always difficult up to a certain age range. I think the formula for success is that you have to not only look extremely mainstream, but your persona is also totally bland and unoffensive, too. The majority of people online are not seeking real relationships, mostly just one nighters or sex partners. If you're seeking a real relationship, your pool is going to automatically be reduced by at least 50%. It seems that people who are in their 40s+ do a bit better than those who in their 20s and 30s...but those under 40 who are even remotely non-conventional such as not being white, slim, tall, career-driven, etc. are not going to do so well.

I've been single for an extremely long time, for many years actually, without haven't been asked out by any guys. I have been approached by guys at my gym...but I go to the gym very late night and at odd hours and I don't want some guy at my gym stalking me when I'm just there to relax and run off stress and frustration. When I'm out in public, no guy will approach me, but plenty will look at me wide eyed and startled. It's not like I'm an alien or anything, but because people cannot immediately peg me, they will only stare at me but never say a word.

I'm fit, I'm educated, I dress well, I'm well-mannered, and don't have kids, but I'm not fully white. However, I am very factual and I'm intellectually very sharp and critical of anything that's irrational. I also do not drink alcohol except maybe a handful of drink a year at the most if I'm out with a friend or something. I'm a very specific, quality driven kind of person. I don't mingle with people who aren't smart enough to keep up. It's not like I'm a genius, but I'm too bored with what people talk about since most of it is stuff that lacks any sort of substance and depth. I never seem to meet anyone rational/smart, and when I do, they're always married. And because I don't have kids and I don't want anyone with kids but the majority of guys above 22 years old tend to have kids (at least the location of where I live now), it makes things even harder.

I never fared well on okcupid. Several guys messaged me saying that I'm awesome but remarked that I'm too unconventional and off-beat. I think they say valid things, however, I cannot change myself from being complex to being simple minded and mainstream. Of course, I get my share of rude, inappropriate messages by desperate guys who message every chick. However, the guys that like- the smart, clean cut, manly, fit guys...they tend to only want skinny, conventional, plain, white girls. I cannot blame them for wanting something that they're conditioned to desire, however, it makes me stay single for a long time simply because the other alternative are sleazy sex-driven guys. I think, since I've been single for a really long time, it will stay for longer time to come. I simply don't know what to do.

Last edited by hellokittykatt; 11-22-2014 at 03:29 AM..

Old 11-22-2014, 04:37 PM

227 posts, read 1,104,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokittykatt View Post
Online dating whether it's okcupid/pof/match/etc. is always difficult up to a certain age range. I think the formula for success is that you have to not only look extremely mainstream, but your persona is also totally bland and unoffensive, too. The majority of people online are not seeking real relationships, mostly just one nighters or sex partners. If you're seeking a real relationship, your pool is going to automatically be reduced by at least 50%. It seems that people who are in their 40s+ do a bit better than those who in their 20s and 30s...but those under 40 who are even remotely non-conventional such as not being white, slim, tall, career-driven, etc. are not going to do so well.

I've been single for an extremely long time, for many years actually, without haven't been asked out by any guys. I have been approached by guys at my gym...but I go to the gym very late night and at odd hours and I don't want some guy at my gym stalking me when I'm just there to relax and run off stress and frustration. When I'm out in public, no guy will approach me, but plenty will look at me wide eyed and startled. It's not like I'm an alien or anything, but because people cannot immediately peg me, they will only stare at me but never say a word.

I'm fit, I'm educated, I dress well, I'm well-mannered, and don't have kids, but I'm not fully white. However, I am very factual and I'm intellectually very sharp and critical of anything that's irrational. I also do not drink alcohol except maybe a handful of drink a year at the most if I'm out with a friend or something. I'm a very specific, quality driven kind of person. I don't mingle with people who aren't smart enough to keep up. It's not like I'm a genius, but I'm too bored with what people talk about since most of it is stuff that lacks any sort of substance and depth. I never seem to meet anyone rational/smart, and when I do, they're always married. And because I don't have kids and I don't want anyone with kids but the majority of guys above 22 years old tend to have kids (at least the location of where I live now), it makes things even harder.

I never fared well on okcupid. Several guys messaged me saying that I'm awesome but remarked that I'm too unconventional and off-beat. I think they say valid things, however, I cannot change myself from being complex to being simple minded and mainstream. Of course, I get my share of rude, inappropriate messages by desperate guys who message every chick. However, the guys that like- the smart, clean cut, manly, fit guys...they tend to only want skinny, conventional, plain, white girls. I cannot blame them for wanting something that they're conditioned to desire, however, it makes me stay single for a long time simply because the other alternative are sleazy sex-driven guys. I think, since I've been single for a really long time, it will stay for longer time to come. I simply don't know what to do.

Yeah it's also a age factor too. Like since I'm 21 they might still think i'm in college. So I put that I am 30 on pof and for some reason I got a good amount of women to message me. If I did the same thing put an older age on okcupid It wouldn't matter. That's why I've always wondered about that stupid site okcupid and if they were actually real people. But like people said on okcupid you can hide yourself from viewing profiles so that's part of the reason why I wasn't getting any visitors.

http://i.imgur.com/0853EtR.png
http://i.imgur.com/1DxD3Uy.png
http://i.imgur.com/qm5IvVi.png

Old 11-22-2014, 04:40 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Is this the car salesman?

Old 11-23-2014, 02:54 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokittykatt View Post

Looks like I need to take a trip to Arizona. Plenty of single women out there. what your going through is very similar to what I go through in NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships