Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2014, 03:37 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times

Advertisements

OPoster is a complete write off in my book. Throw it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 03:39 PM

532 posts, read 958,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aanderson1 View Post
leave home in the middle of the night to check on me

Or was that a booty call?
It wasn't a booty call. I had gotten so awfully drunk one night and then he hadn't heard from me that he drove 45 minutes to where I live to see what was wrong. I was battling a drinking problem and he showed me that I needed to quit, especially knowing that alcoholism runs in my family. He said he loved me and he didn't want anything bad to happen to me and that I needed to have more respect for my body.[/quote]

C'mon, he was checking to see if you were with another man!

Old 11-29-2014, 03:41 PM

532 posts, read 958,972 times
Quote:
He was my man as well as someone else's. He made that possible at the time.
Every time I read that I actually cringe. Please stop calling him that! You do not have a relationship with him, I know you think you do, but a true relationship is not based on lines and distrust.

Honestly, if he told me the sky was blue, I'd go check before agreeing.

Old 11-29-2014, 03:44 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
The girlfriend just sent me a message on Facebook and said the following " He's all yours. You can have him. You can continue making pictures and videos and memories with him. I hope you're happy with someone who has to track your phone to know if he can trust you."
Lucky you, you have won quite the prize pig.

Old 11-29-2014, 03:53 PM

65 posts, read 50,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Lucky you, you have won quite the prize pig.
I don't know what's going to exactly happen now. He said he's too angry to speak with me today. He keeps bringing up his girlfriend and how she is giving back all of his stuff and how I could have handled all of this differently. He could have handled things a bit different also.

Old 11-29-2014, 03:54 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
I don't know what's going to exactly happen now. He said he's too angry to speak with me today. He keeps bringing up his girlfriend and how she is giving back all of his stuff and how I could have handled all of this differently. He could have handled things a bit different also.
I wouldn't know, I'm not the type who accepts sloppy seconds.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:58 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
The girlfriend just sent me a message on Facebook and said the following " He's all yours. You can have him. You can continue making pictures and videos and memories with him. I hope you're happy with someone who has to track your phone to know if he can trust you."
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesp View Post
And the girlfriend is the real winner in all of this!

Have fun with your controlling cheating boyfriend!
yep, girlfriend of ten years wins today. she gets to move on with her life and get away from a lying, cheating pig of a boyfriend.

Quote:
yes, you could have handled this much better than you did, by not getting involved with this guy in the first place. but you lose now, so enjoy the bitter fruits of your labors.

and just remember that when you come back here in six months complaining that he cheats on you, and put new tracking software on your new phone, and treats you like crap, you will be getting a train load of "i told you so, but you wouldnt listen to us would you now. so you made your bed now lie in it", responses.

Old 11-29-2014, 05:06 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
What are you going to do now the GF wants nothing to do with him and he still doesn't become your BF?

He's not happy he is free to be with you - he's mad at you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-29-2014, 05:11 PM

27 posts, read 28,428 times
Quote:
My man tracks my cell phone calls, location, and text messages. How can I get him to trust me? I love my man very much. We started dating about eight months ago. At that time I was separated from my husband and he already had a girlfriend for about 10 years. I legally divorced my husband so that I can be with this man. We started sleeping together at the workplace after he gave me some advice about a difficult situation. I gave him permission to be able to use And install a cell phone monitoring device system to track everything on my phone such as texts, exact GPS location, etc so he can learn to trust me. Since we have been together I have messed up with a few things by lying about some serious stuff and I know that, however, he still loves his current girlfriend while he's dating me and I want him to make a decision. He keeps telling me how much he loves me and that we have a magical connection and he also wants to date for a little while before he gets married. I'm trying very hard especially since he's tracking cell phone to be honest and tell the truth about everything. how can I get him to trust me? I deserve him and he deserves me and I need him to make a decision and leave his girlfriend once and for all for me? I'm in love with him deeply and said he can see a future with me and I know I can see one with him at times but I feel frustrated and confused. This story is extremely true and I don't even know how to begin sorting out all of the pieces of chaos...

Listen, your post simply doesn't require the 11+ pages of responses you've received (and that I couldn't possibly force myself to read through). Here is the response you need:

You married/divorced a douche and now you are dating one. There is nothing "magical" about your connection with this guy - there is only infinite amounts of stupidity involved in it. You need to drop this guy and find something better to do with your time other than spending it trying to sort through "all the pieces of chaos". A normal person would not put up with dating a detective, such as you are. Accept that your head isn't screwed on right for the time being. Trust me, it is not. Extract yourself from the "chaos", figure yourself out (with the help of a professional), and don't get involved with anyone for at least a couple of years. I'd bet my life I am spot on with this advice.

Old 11-29-2014, 05:33 PM

65 posts, read 50,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
What are you going to do now the GF wants nothing to do with him and he still doesn't become your BF?

He's not happy he is free to be with you - he's mad at you.
I'm hoping in a couple of days he will calm down so he can at least give me a sufficient chance to explain why I did what I did and not harbor anger at me forever. He needs to understand my point of view and how I felt not being a full fledged portion of his life as a girlfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships