Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 03:13 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times

Advertisements

He is overly controlling and distrustful which could lead to even bigger problems. I would have absolutely zero tolerance for this. I would end a relationship like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 03:15 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aanderson1 View Post
This story is extremely true and I don't even know how to begin sorting out all of the pieces of chaos...
Begin by leaving him. Chaos over. Simple. And get a new cell phone, while you're at it.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:20 PM

599 posts, read 693,341 times
Get you another phone. This you can do the bad stuff on one phone and the good stuff on the other

Old 11-24-2014, 06:35 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The point is she doesn't WANT to take off the tracking software, because she is hoping to be the "chosen one." If he literally asked her to wear a ball and chain she would probably be the one to throw away the key.....
you are right. i suspect that we will be back here in a few months with her crying about how she wasnt the one chosen by her "man" and she doesnt know what to do now, and she will never find another like him.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:43 PM

65 posts, read 50,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you are right. i suspect that we will be back here in a few months with her crying about how she wasnt the one chosen by her "man" and she doesnt know what to do now, and she will never find another like him.
I did discuss with him again today how I felt about the entire situation and how selfish it is and unfair to me. He then got irritated and said that he has thought about ending it with me and starting over because he doesn't know if we could ever fully be happy together because of everything that has happened between us over these 8 months. I then cried and and lied by saying that the software he had installed on my phone has caused irreversible damage to the system and I didn't want it on there anymore or any other phone that I have. He then said he was sorry and that he loved me and how he wants me to be happy. I believe that I may have finally got through to him and he will realize its time for him to end it with his girlfriend and try to finally put all of his time and energy into making us work as a couple instead of stringing this along.

Last edited by Aanderson1; 11-24-2014 at 10:27 PM..

Old 11-24-2014, 10:51 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
I did discuss with him again today how I felt about the entire situation and how selfish it is and unfair to me. He then got irritated and said that he has thought about ending it with me and starting over because he doesn't know if we could ever fully be happy together because of everything that has happened between us over these 8 months. I then cried and and lied by saying that the software he had installed on my phone has caused irreversible damage to the system and I didn't want it on there anymore or any other phone that I have. He then said he was sorry and that he loved me and how he wants me to be happy. I believe that I may have finally got through to him and he will realize its time for him to end it with his girlfriend and try to finally put all of his time and energy into making us work as a couple instead of stringing this along.
No. He won't do that. Even if he does end it with her, he'll just find another girlfriend.

Why do you want someone who does not trust you, tells you he's still in love with his girlfriend (that he's still seeing), and is stringing you along?

Have you considered therapy? You have abysmally low self-esteem.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:55 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
Quote:
how can I get him to trust me?
You CAN'T.

You need to grow a pair and throw that damn phone into the river before somebody seriously gets hurt.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:05 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Yes, I am sure you are right. Have you registered at Target yet?

Old 11-24-2014, 11:41 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
and he is playing you like a fiddle AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

when will you get it through your thick head that he doesnt give a damn about you. all you are to him is sex on the hoof. yes he might decide to "make you his official girlfriend", but he will do what he is doing to you to another poor girl, and chances are he will still keep his other girlfriends.

until you figure out that he doesnt give a damn about you, you will continue to lose what is left of your mind trying to "make him love you", and it will never happen.

grow up girl and get a life with out that sorry S.O.B. get on with your life and find someone that will love you for who you are, not what he can get from you.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:22 PM

65 posts, read 50,449 times
So I replaced the phone today, but we had some major tension because he then suggested that he track my new phone as well and install anti virus software so it is not affected by the spyware and I firmly told him NO. I was also upset because I went to his girlfriend's Facebook page and I saw that she has updated photos of them together during a vacation they took with his sister and her husband last week. I firmly told him I don't think it's fair that he takes her on vacations and she gets to spend time with him and his family and I'm some little treasure that is just hidden from everyone. He tells me that he loves me deeply more than I'll ever know, but all of this is very complicated for him right now and I need to be patient. I personally think he's starting to act really distant and weird because I didn't want the spyware tracking stuff on my cell phone anymore. Don't get me wrong, I knew exactly what I was getting into at the beginning of this relationship, but I thought by now we would be in a happier place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships