Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 10:53 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,165,436 times

Advertisements

Have you ever seen the "He's just not that into you" episode of Sex and the City (which inspired a book, which spawned a movie)? The SATC episode (Season 6, episode 4) is pretty valid on this topic IMO. While I'm not referencing this particular guy or scenario, some of the things you have posted make me think you could benefit from watching it, sweetjess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 11:43 AM

416 posts, read 396,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Have you ever seen the "He's just not that into you" episode of Sex and the City (which inspired a book, which spawned a movie)? The SATC episode (Season 6, episode 4) is pretty valid on this topic IMO. While I'm not referencing this particular guy or scenario, some of the things you have posted make me think you could benefit from watching it, sweetjess.
I haven't seen it.

Are you retracting your suggestion to reach out to him??

Old 12-08-2014, 11:55 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,876,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjess1951 View Post
I guess I'm not sure how many openings I've given him?

One of my guy friends even said that sometimes he would get so busy and stressed with work that he wouldn't contact a girl he was into. I'm not necessarily saying that that is the case here, but I know that he travels multiple days out of the week and he has even gone a few days without responding to my message (but had logged on). When he finally got back to me, he apologized for not responding, that he was super busy with work.
Here is the hard truth...when a guy is REALLY interested in a girl he is NEVER too busy to respond to her. A guy with real interest will find a way.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:01 PM

61,986 posts, read 87,653,804 times
Quote:

After our date, he didn't log onto match for over a week. Then his log ins were every now and then, which makes it seem like he wasn't having conversations with other women. But still, he has said nothing.

I was on Facebook earlier this week and he happened to pop up as someone I may know since we have a mutual friend. Well, I said F it and added him. I thought "who cares - I give no Fs". So I did. And he accepted me.

I just wish I knew what I did, if anything. I just got a completely different impression. And I was into him. I wanted to hang out again. It makes me wonder if I gave off the impression that I wasn't interested.

I'm seriously about over dating!!!
You can think about him day and night, but that will not change the fact that he is NOT thinking about you, or interested to meet anymore.
He behaved like an gentleman and endured the evening with you without making a face. Since you were so much into him, you probably oversaw small nuances that normally would tell you that he was nice and polite, but disinterested. (or maybe he was interested in the beginning and then his interest faded, you know the thing about first impression).
Sometimes is wise not to show how much we want something
Anyway, move on. Thinking about him is a waste of time...

Old 12-08-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You can think about him day and night, but that will not change the fact that he is NOT thinking about you, or interested to meet anymore.
He behaved like an gentleman and endured the evening with you without making a face. Since you were so much into him, you probably oversaw small nuances that normally would tell you that he was nice and polite, but disinterested. (or maybe he was interested in the beginning and then his interest faded, you know the thing about first impression).
Sometimes is wise not to show how much we want something
Anyway, move on. Thinking about him is a waste of time...
Well, I can't undo the text now but I'll just drop it, even if he responds.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Unless he responds with an actual firm invitation to get together (time and date, a plan) just let it go now honey.

Anymore non-committal texts should be seen by you as lack of real interest, okay?

Old 12-08-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Unless he responds with an actual firm invitation to get together (time and date, a plan) just let it go now honey.

Anymore non-committal texts should be seen by you as lack of real interest, okay?
Understood

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it!

Old 12-08-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Understood

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it!
No problem, we've all been there. Sorry for your disappointment though!

Old 12-08-2014, 12:10 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,377,714 times
Quote:
Thanks I've teetered back and forth about it. I don't want to look desperate but some of my girlfriends have asked a guy to get together and they have more luck than I do. My mom always told me to let the man pursue you but I don't know what he's thinking after I said I don't like clingy men. I don't want him thinking I don't want him to reach out or anything.

And if he says no, at least I KNOW.

Just from what I've read so far in this thread you appear desperate and clingy and he may be getting the same feeling.
Let it go and see if he will contact you, until then continue living your life without a thought given to him.

PS ~~ Stay off of facebook, it is nothing but useless gossip and unnecessary drama.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:16 PM

61,986 posts, read 87,653,804 times
Quote:
You sent him text 3 hours ago. There was plenty time to take a pee break, and txt you even from the restroom. Interested guy would take the break or find another way even if super busy...
I see people texting under the table during important meetings. Where there's a will, there's a way.
How long you didn't hear from him? A week or two? Do you seriously believe that a guy would not find time in that period of time? Does he work 24/7? or sleep, eat, check the FB, and have life?
OR....... maybe he is married!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships