Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 02:36 AM

116 posts, read 180,157 times

Advertisements

This is so weird to me. My girlfriend and I are best friends. She has a guy friend that I met. She keeps telling me that he really likes me, and she said "He has a crush on you." "He's crushing on you!" and thinks I am "hot", and she said that he said he wants to "date" me. He tells her these things privately to her, but when I hang out with him he acts like someone who is not interested. If it wasn't for my girlfriend telling me the things he says about me, I wouldn't think he is someone that is interested in me. He just is normal with me. He is very protective of me though, and says all the time that he will never let a guy take advantage of me, and he will mess any guy up that hurts me.

He comments, and likes all my photos, and even commented on my one picture and said I was "gorgeous", and he tags me in a lot of his posts. He converses with me on there, and he said I was "really pretty", and my girlfriend kept telling me how much he likes me and wants to go out with me, but I told her I was unsure of him. Me and my girlfriend, and my cousin, and him went out tonight. He was really drunk, but before we went out him, my girlfriend talked on the phone with, and he said to her "Ashley is so hot! Especially her red lipstick, her red lips, I'm having sex with her tonight." Lol, we just chalked it up to him being drunk. She told me all of this, I didn't actually hear this from him. Then we went to his house, and he was all over my cousin. He seemed really interested in my cousin. He even said they are gonna "date". So, it was hard for me to believe he actually liked me, and my girlfriend made her point that there would be no reason for her to lie, and that he really liked me, and wanted to date me, and that everything she told me was the truth.

I really like him, but that really turned me off. I was unsure about him, but now that just confuses me because if he is supposedly interested in me, then why is going after my cousin? Why does he act normal with me in person, but yet has a "crush" on me? Is it a tactic? Did he lose interest? What do you think? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 06:57 AM

609 posts, read 616,103 times
I think he sounds like a loser. I would move on.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:07 AM

477 posts, read 315,031 times
Go with your intuition...

Old 04-18-2015, 08:54 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,120,499 times
I agree. move on. Seems like a guy with issues that would be difficult to deal with.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:03 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,121,867 times
Your girlfriend sounds like an idiot, TBH.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:21 AM

14,787 posts, read 8,129,079 times
I'd move on, and forget about him. He sounds sort of like a jerk.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:51 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,552,734 times
Damn, I hate to say it but it sounds as if he's one of these idiots who lives by that 'Pick Up Artist' bull****. I've read some of it, he's doing the 'act uninterested and then flirt blatantly in front of her to test her' routine. He's doing it wrong by telling your friend all the other stuff.

Move on, he's into games. It's funny how some people never realize how much their actions--contrived and meticulously planned as they are sometimes--reveal so much about their mindset.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
Your girlfriend sounds like an idiot, TBH.
This, too. She sounds like the sort of broad who falls for this foolishness, does it herself, and thinks it's 'cute'.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:56 AM

581 posts, read 665,645 times
Are you crazy?? This guy is a loser!

Old 04-18-2015, 10:11 AM

No disrespect, miss, but your post kinda sounds like you know he's a loser but you're a little curious or maybe a little flattered by the 'secret crush'. Don't mistake that for true attraction--too many women get swept up by the attention. The guy sounds like a complete moron.

And he's using PUA tactics, for the love of Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships