Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 08:09 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times

Advertisements

Why on earth would you want to complicate your life even further? Snap out of it. Forget the so called "deep connection". She's married. Don't mess with her emotions. Good grief, the drama we create in our lives is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 08:19 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
So you weren't even a tiny bit flattered that this happened? You had NO revenge thoughts at all re: your wife?
Flattered? Yes in a way knowing there are people who could like/love you in such a way. Revenge? Absolutely not..and I am not lying to myself about that.

Actually, I just received a text from her morning which read "Just want to thank you for being such a good friend. Nice to know I have you in my corner". I honestly feel we both understand the situation.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:22 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Actually, I just received a text from her morning which read "Just want to thank you for being such a good friend. Nice to know I have you in my corner". I honestly feel we both understand the situation.

A text from your wife???

Old 12-13-2014, 08:22 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times
Quote:
Flattered? Yes in a way knowing there are people who could like/love you in such a way. Revenge? Absolutely not..and I am not lying to myself about that.

Nah you're both horny as hell don't do it.... Final warning

Old 12-13-2014, 08:24 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Tonight. All I can say is F*CK. I'm in a god damned soap opera, and it's escalating to the bizarre level. Actually, it's probably already there. Days of Our Lives has nothing on my a$$.

You can entertain yourself in my other thread about my current relationship woes. Sucks to be me - and I bet many readers feel the same about themselves, so we can all have a mega-suckage party.

Tonight I went to my local watering hole. My wife is at her Dads place. There's a couple there that I've known for the better part of my 15 years going there (my wife knows them too). Our friendship has grown over the years. They just came back from vacation, so she texted me asking me to come out and have a drink (we both live under 10 minutes from this place). The wife of this couple works for me...I hired her. She needed a job at the time, and I needed a position filled. An important one - office manager. Her resume fit what I needed. We respect each other. I trust her in my professional life. We love each other as best friends. We have a deep connection. I also love and respect her husband.

Houston, we have a problem.

Came to realize tonight our connection and attraction is even deeper than I thought. It's undeniably there for both of use. Great f*cking timing, when my guard is down. And I come to find out they are having eerily similar problems in their marriage (4 years)....REALLY eerily similar. She randomly shared a soul mate poem tonight with me, not knowing my predicament, but yet feeling she did - that "connection". She's always felt her husband was her soul mate, and I feel the same way about my wife, so the timing was, well, creepy. And we've had that connection before. Sh*t.

I love my wife, which is something that will never go away. Our current problems run deeper than love. I believe my friend/co-worker/employee loves her husband. But her differences with her husband are running parallel to my current issues. Coincidence? And we also think to the same emotional depths which is scary on its own.

So here I am at this intersection in my life, 33 years of marriage in my pocket, and never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever be more f*cking confused.

....and nothing has ever happened between us.
Whenever people complain about the drama in their lives, it's a stone-cold cinch that they are the manufacturer of the drama in their lives. In truth, drama is rather easy to avoid if you have the wisdom to do so.

Stop whatever you're doing. Just stop. The misery that's going to follow you for the rest of your life is not worth a five minute roll in the hay.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:24 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
A text from your horny co-home wrecking soon to be worst mistake ever?
*Fixed

Old 12-13-2014, 08:26 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
*Fixed

Ya, she's working him. It's a classic move. Anything to revive that thought in his brain.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:27 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:

And another thing. Stay the hell out of your friend's marriage.

I'm no idiot. I know that when somebody posts something like this, they're looking for validation rather than advice. But on that 1% chance it's not the case, please don't do something this stupid to yourself. It will ruin your marriage, your business, your reputation, and a host of other things.

I mean, do you think any of your other friends will be able to look at you the same way again knowing that you did the humpalumpadingdong with one of their wives? Don't be a fool.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:28 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
I can't expect anyone to understand any of this based on what I say here. I can just say I can talk to this woman without entertaining any further action other than our friendship. Nothing is or will happen, and that is a mutual feeling between us. It's funny sometimes how people fear talking about deep issues such as this, because for me I feel that would be because of your own insecurity's. I don't care how vulnerable I am right now. Why people assume talk will turn into something else in my situation is a generalization. You need to understand your own inner strength - I certainly know what mine is.

I am sorry if what I write misleads people. I have no intention of doing that. My wife didn't have that ability to control thus she did what she did. I understand that. Me forgiving and moving forward is a decision I need to make for myself. I can't convince the readers here to believe in what I say. Either you take my word for it or not. I know who I am, and know what I am capable of. I believe in myself, and that's all that matters.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:28 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
I think the OP is enjoying being the star of the show going on in his head. It may be exciting and glamourous to you, OP, but to the rest of the world it is just predictable and tawdry and a bit boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships