Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 01:13 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,982,872 times

Advertisements

I sometimes miss being eight years old: snacks, running around, endless energy and never getting fat etc. But the number one thing I miss these days is just being able to go up to a girl I know and saying, flat out, "so, do you want to be my girlfriend? Te he *childish laugh*"

As an adult, there are all these idiotic games I'm expected to play and understand that make no sense.

I used to work with these girl, and she is no longer an employee of my job (which is good, because I'm now a supervisor) and we've been going out on these weird pseudo-dates with her always asking me when I'm going to find a girlfriend, lamenting that she can't find a boyfriend, and complimenting me on my looks...yep, I think these are hints. And she texts me, calls me, says we should go out and hangout...

Thing is, unlike the handful of other females I've just started making out with, I think I...I...may actually care for this girl's feelings I, the weirdo with a mild case of ASPD on top of full blown STPD (google them and come back to curse me out for being me) may actually care about someone. I can actually talk to this girl without constantly trying to hide who I am...in other words, for fans of the greatest show in television history, she's the "Hannah" to my "Dexter Morgan".

She's hot, I can talk to her, and yet I don't get why I can't just be her boyfriend. Honestly, how do you ask? I've said little hints now and then that just make her giggle and look down, but come on.

Honestly, can I man just ask a girl to be his girlfriend? Maybe I should just change my facebook status to in a relationship with her and see if she accepts?

Man, these games make no sense. This whole human relationship thing is weirder than watching "Donnie Darko" on acid...or, so I would imagine.

Edit: Since I have to spell it out for some people, by "pseudo-date" I mean we went out for dinner and such, but didn't do anything that requires latex protects, nor did I stimulate mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. Normally I would just try to make out with a girl and if she refuses, no hard feelings, but the date is over. With her it's different because...well, I actually think I have feelings for her beyond just wanting to pull a Vlad Tepes* on her nether regions. Having human emotions suck. If I ever meet Data, I'm smacking him upside his android head and asking him why he wants to throw away an awesome existence.

*Vlad Tepes was also called "Vlad the Impaler", in case I need to spell it out further for some people.

Last edited by victorianpunk; 12-29-2014 at 01:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 01:16 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
You can, but it would be dumb to do so.

What you're proposing here IS playing games and it is being childish. If you didn't want to play games, you'd ask her out, go out on a date. If that goes well it would go to a second date. Take it from there. This should be common sense.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:20 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,639,689 times
You can still ask a girl out directly ya know. That's what I did when I was young (even did it on instant messenger, oh the humanity!!!), still do it now.

Then once your hanging out, you put your arm around her, or hold her hand. Then kiss her. Keep doing that, eventually you guys will be in a relationship and then at some point you look at each other and vocalize the desire to be a legit couple.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:28 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Somebody has to take charge, you know.

You can't "get a girlfriend" if you keep going on pseudo-dates and sitting there like a lump while she laments the fact that she can't find a boyfriend.

Ask her out on a proper date and be a proper man. Make the moves that are unmistakably romantic, instead of just hoping you'll accidentally bump into each other and be paired for life.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:31 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,338,417 times
Ask one of her friends if she likes you, and if so then pass her a note in study hall. Duh!?!

Old 12-29-2014, 01:34 PM

102,221 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I sometimes miss being eight years old: snacks, running around, endless energy and never getting fat etc. But the number one thing I miss these days is just being able to go up to a girl I know and saying, flat out, "so, do you want to be my girlfriend? Te he *childish laugh*"

As an adult, there are all these idiotic games I'm expected to play and understand that make no sense.

I used to work with these girl, and she is no longer an employee of my job (which is good, because I'm now a supervisor) and we've been going out on these weird pseudo-dates with her always asking me when I'm going to find a girlfriend, lamenting that she can't find a boyfriend, and complimenting me on my looks...yep, I think these are hints. And she texts me, calls me, says we should go out and hangout...

Thing is, unlike the handful of other females I've just started making out with, I think I...I...may actually care for this girl's feelings I, the weirdo with a mild case of ASPD on top of full blown STPD (google them and come back to curse me out for being me) may actually care about someone. I can actually talk to this girl without constantly trying to hide who I am...in other words, for fans of the greatest show in television history, she's the "Hannah" to my "Dexter Morgan".

She's hot, I can talk to her, and yet I don't get why I can't just be her boyfriend. Honestly, how do you ask? I've said little hints now and then that just make her giggle and look down, but come on.

Honestly, can I man just ask a girl to be his girlfriend? Maybe I should just change my facebook status to in a relationship with her and see if she accepts?

Man, these games make no sense. This whole human relationship thing is weirder than watching "Donnie Darko" on acid...or, so I would imagine.
Of course one can. Why not? Who said you have to play idiotic games? YOU are the creator of your reality. YOU get to decide what's right for you. If something seems idiotic, don't do it. Simple.

Good luck. Report back.

P.S. She's into you. It's a slam-dunk.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:37 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,982,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You can, but it would be dumb to do so.

What you're proposing here IS playing games and it is being childish. If you didn't want to play games, you'd ask her out, go out on a date. If that goes well it would go to a second date. Take it from there. This should be common sense.

Ah, as I said, we have gone on dates before, we just didn't "insert tab A into slot B".

Not reading a post is that one replies to is, I dare say, rather childish...

Old 12-29-2014, 01:38 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
It sorta weird that you guys hang out but don't really have a relationship beyond friends, maybe that is all she wants from you. Next time you 2 are hanging out and she says " I wish I could find a boyfriend" say "you got one right here" and see how she reacts.
I have a feeling she likes being friends but might not want ot take that to a romantic level.
Girls are weird man, games are lousy but everyone plays them to one extent or another.
Good luck.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:39 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Ah, as I said, we have gone on dates before, we just didn't "insert tab A into slot B".

Not reading a post is that one replies to is, I dare say, rather childish...

Quote:
we've been going out on these weird pseudo-dates

I read it, buddy. You said "psuedo dates". In other words, you haven't gone on dates. You've spent some time together. Big freaking whoop. That is not a date.

Time to grow up.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:40 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,139,423 times
Quote:
Adults do not play games, nor expect other adults to play games. While your age may classify you as an adult, your behavior makes me doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships