Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 07:07 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress30 View Post

I don't know much about his woman ...
Why did you not use birth control??

You cannot convince her to abort. You MAY be able to convince her to let someone adopt the baby, and you can terminate your parental rights.

But you HAVE to make some behavioral changes. You have now made two people that you say you didn't even want.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:15 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Why did you not use birth control??

You cannot convince her to abort. You MAY be able to convince her to let someone adopt the baby, and you can terminate your parental rights.

But you HAVE to make some behavioral changes. You have now made two people that you say you didn't even want.
I wish EVERY teenager and young adult comprehended this concept, as child birth is probably the most significant decision one will ever make in his/her life. Buying a $4,000,000 home and choosing between a couple of jobs for instance pales in comparison to adding another human being to this world and a couples lives, and the ripple effect that comes after the moment of birth.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I wish EVERY teenager and young adult comprehended this concept, as child birth is probably the most significant decision one will ever make in his/her life. Buying a $4,000,000 home and choosing between a couple of jobs for instance pales in comparison to adding another human being to this world and a couples lives, and the ripple effect that comes after the moment of birth.
That's pretty much the point I'm trying to make. I mean, every thread here that talks about dysfunction basically started with a kid who had an effed-up childhood with at least one parent missing, either physically or emotionally.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:23 PM

9 posts, read 10,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

I mean, every thread here that talks about dysfunction basically started with a kid who had an effed-up childhood with at least one parent missing, either physically or emotionally.
My son is very much loved by both his parents. Even earlier today we had lots of fun when I brought him to my parents house (he spent New Year's Eve with his mother).

Old 01-01-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
My son is very much loved by both his parents. Even earlier today we had lots of fun when I brought him to my parents house (he spent New Year's Eve with his mother).
Yet you did not even want him at first, remember?

So now you are in the same situation that you were in before, except you barely know this woman.

What is different? What SHOULD be different?

Old 01-01-2015, 07:25 PM

251 posts, read 299,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Seriously, was it worth a couple hundred grand?

All you can do is make sure she understands what a huge commitment it is to raise a child alone.
There's like a 5% chance she'll buy that and have the abortion. Why get rid of the kid when she got a cash cow?

Old 01-01-2015, 07:27 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
And, behold, a really compelling argument for choosing NOT to get physically involved with people you don't know at all and wouldn't chose to be tied to for decades.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:32 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:
I had a casual relationship with a woman. We would meet on occasion, have a good time, she would spend a few nights in my house but that was it. No commitment.

Well, she's 10 weeks pregnant. We discussed it and I managed to convince her that having an abortion was the best option. This child was not desired so no good can come out of it. She didn't seem very convinced and she looked terrified when I accompanied her to the clinic.

She couldn't go through with it, she fainted before the procedure because she wasn't feeling good. When she woke up, I talked to her and she says she doesn't have the courage to do it. I told her it isn't even a baby yet so she doesn't have to feel guilty about it.

I have a 3 year old son but I had him with a long term girlfriend, even though he wasn't planned as well.

This woman is different, we barely know each other so what good would a child bring?

What can I do to get her to do it as quickly as possible? The legal limit is just around the corner here.
I had an ex who I bumped into years later who told me he forced his ex-wife to have an abortion. From what I recall I think he just nagged and nagged but they lived together so I guess it was easier. I think he was very proud of it and felt like he accomplished something. He also told me he cheated on her. Not sure why he shared that info with me LOL

You shouldn't have unprotected sex with random people. Seriously though unless you enjoy paying child support or getting infected with incurable STDs.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:33 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times
Quote:
I told her it isn't even a baby yet so she doesn't have to feel guilty about it.
So....is it a frog? A weed? A rock? A dust bunny?

Clearly, she WOULD feel guilty, so do not force her. You cannot. It is HER choice alone. Freedom to choose. HER choice. Not yours. You have already made your choice when you chose to have unprotected sex.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:33 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeinca View Post
I was in a commited relationship and I got another girl pregnant.
ah..... you, too, are quite a peach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships