Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 11:14 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,349,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
I'll ask the women this: Would you date a guy who wears a toup/hairpiece? I as a man personally think it's a turn-off, but when you think of guys like Burt Reynolds, Ben Affleck, John Travolta and Sean Connery, they may or may not look better with them. As a balding man myself, I just have no desire. I mean, what's the point? It ain't your real hair!

When I dated I dated the entire man not just his hair and if he is comfortable with it I probably would not notice anyway unless it was not a good fit or something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 11:35 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,803,406 times
I think a lot of balding men are handsome, personally. Same goes with bald men. If a toupee looks nice, go for it. But it's important to get an honest opinion on that.

I saw an older gentleman in a restaurant recently. No one told him that the toupee wasn't supposed to be perched atop his head like a skinned rodent. I kept trying NOT to look, but it was so compelling. Definitely attention-getting. Probably could have used a little rearranging, though.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:49 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,049,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
I'll ask the women this: Would you date a guy who wears a toup/hairpiece? I as a man personally think it's a turn-off, but when you think of guys like Burt Reynolds, Ben Affleck, John Travolta and Sean Connery, they may or may not look better with them. As a balding man myself, I just have no desire. I mean, what's the point? It ain't your real hair!
Nope I only want a man with real hair. Bald does nothing for me.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:55 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,854,175 times
If I go bald, I'm having my head.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:11 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,028,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
dunno....would you date a woman with breast implants?
bad analogy. It's more like would you date a woman who stuffed her bra?

Old 01-03-2015, 12:19 PM

286 posts, read 306,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Nope I only want a man with real hair. Bald does nothing for me.
I'm not surprised.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:39 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,643,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
bad analogy. It's more like would you date a woman who stuffed her bra?
No, it's more like would you date a woman who wore wigs/hair extensions?

If I found him attractive, I wouldn't care about the toupee.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:36 PM

61,926 posts, read 87,533,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Well, if wearing toupees make them feel good about themselves, why not?
OK, I am NOT a fan of men wearing toupee, because basically it tells me about their social anxieties and low self esteem, but:

Most men who wear toupee are motivated by... women! Just read the responses on relationship forums. Balding men are often turn off for ladies. I am sure they don't like wearing toupee either, but they are convinced that wearing toupee makes them look younger, healthier and covering their balding head with a wig or hairpiece works as a confidence booster and help them feel less self-conscious about the change in their image.

Why women wear hair extension, false eyelashes, nails, bleach their teeth (women do it more often than men), wear make-up, wear push-ups or have implants, wear high heels, get Botox etc... etc...? BECAUSE they want to boost their self esteem, improve their appearance, look desirable. Want to look attractive for ... men.
Most single women, living alone, on their day off when staying at home don't do most of those things. They don't put on make-up, dress up, or walk on high heels at home, where no one can see them. But they do all that when they go to work, go out, or await company.

While there are men that look great and sexy with balding or shaved head, most do not. Balding head can quickly add many years. Some men are afraid that they lose job when they look old, and will be replaced with younger, more energetic looking men. And sometimes it really happens.
There are positions that require men to look young, healthy, energetic, sporty, trendy - confident.
Balding men in Hollywood don't get to play attractive, desirable, confident characters.
Single men, hoping for dates also worry about their appearance. They want to look younger, attractive.
Some balding men think, that wearing a hairpiece (yes, that's the word now), will improve their chance of meeting attractive women.
Will that hairpiece be a turn off? Maybe. But some will try just about everything to improve their chance.
Once married, most men don't wear those hairpieces at home. Or even stop wearing them at all. But if it is a tool to boost their chances, they will give it a shot.

Now choosing the right hairpiece is another thing. Some look so real, that people are shocked to learn that they are not. To get a really good, matching hairpiece cost lots of money, and probably is comparable with an hair implant. Most men can't afford to buy AND maintain an expensive hairpiece, and they end buying synthetic hair, poorly fitted, poorly matched with their own hair color. The color of the toupee fades when the user hasn't taken enough care of his hairpiece. Sometimes the user's hair turns gray, and the toupee stands out on his head.
I think that if a man can't afford to buy the best and maintain its look, he is better of being balding or bald.

Last edited by elnina; 01-14-2015 at 12:29 AM..

Old 01-03-2015, 01:43 PM

39,325 posts, read 27,709,507 times
My ex brother in law went to a Beverly Hills salon to get his hairpiece custom made. My sister said he took his hairpiece off when they had sex or he was at home. yuck!

What's the point? He just wanted to look good for other people. That is exactly why I had to laugh every time I looked at him.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:01 PM

213 posts, read 377,457 times
No, no, no, never a toupee!

I have no problem with bald men. I actually find them quite attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships