Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2015, 12:34 PM

1 posts, read 910 times

Advertisements

So this is my story. I've been with my girlfriend for a long time.Matter of fact,TODAY would be a year and 10 months. Unfortunately we broke up. All of my past girlfriends were jerks to me and cheated on me, but this one, oh this one, she was something special. She cared for me, she gave me comfort for everything. She cared for me when I was sick, she was there for me 24/7 and of course I did the same for her. She even helped me with my school instead focusing on hers, and she goes to a difficult school. Philological gymnasium. I go to the shipping school. Well, it was all flowers and rainbows until the 2nd of January (we had a couple of fights here and there, but what relationship doesn't ?). I screwed up BIG TIME with something that broke her. She is anxious, socially kinda awkward, and in constant doubt of her looks (believe me,she looks simply amazing). So,we got into a big fight and we were both crying, and eventually it all hit her. She's very emotional, so am I, but soon I'll be going on a ship to work, and I won't be home for 6-8 months. I was working on a ship as a sailor on my summer break, and when I got home she was all messed up and desperate for being alone without me. I've thought about her all the time, but I had to be focused on working too, so it was hard for me. So, we cried and talked about that fight and she forgave me for that stuff I did (I didn't cheat on her or something similar). She started doubting how will she cope with the fact that when I leave to work. I understand her, because I know it will be hard for my sweetheart to be alone, like she was before me. Her family is harassing her, people in school...you won't believe how much I've broken guys bones to make them stop messing with my honey, because they won't listen when we talk like normal people. Anyway, she told me that it will kill her (not literally, she's not suicidal) emotionally when I go to work, and she says maybe if we broke up now, we won't experience that pain we experienced when I was away for the summer. Then we made a deal. We are still somewhat young for this kind of relationships, but we both matured early and more mature than our peers. After some years, when our school finishes, when we get steady jobs and stuff, we will get back together, and we made an official promise. We kissed passionately, hugged, and with tears in our eyes told each other "Until next time." and she left. People I am dying inside. I cannot stop crying, plus I have epilepsy, so this isn't helping. The love we have for each other can't be described with words. Sorry for this long thread, but can someone tell me how do I cope with this ? Thank you. I know I'm a new member, but I thought that this forum is a kind of place that can help me. If I messed anything up grammatically, sorry, because english is not my native language. Thank you all in advance.

Last edited by RedZin; 01-05-2015 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: No privacy invasions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 02:05 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,483,186 times
She dumped you because your job takes you far away for long periods of time. Either change your job or look for a LDR

Old 01-05-2015, 02:15 PM

881 posts, read 2,353,638 times
That sucks, but this kind of thing happens. You two seem to have talked it out, and decided what was best. I'd just focus on school, and things will get better.

A year and 10 months may seem like a long time, but if you compare it to the time you'd spend each time you went out to sea, it's not very long. I've walked away from several long term (3 years or longer) relationships. It is never easy, but it is often for the best.

And who knows, maybe you'll find somebody better. Each relationship is a learning experience making the next one better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships