Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 08:35 PM

860 posts, read 1,109,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I don't think they are "competing"

What happens is that a lot of gay men are willing to hook up with straight men who like to have sex with other men or closeted gays. There are a lot of straight men out there having sex with other men "once in a while" so gays know that eventually someone will take their offer.
Those men are not straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 09:40 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
Straight men do not want gay men.
Jesus, you seem to love talking about this stuff.

When I go through your post history, literally the first two pages are about these kinds of topics. And now you randomly bump a 2+ year old thread about it?

Old 07-15-2017, 06:44 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,993,882 times
Default How straight males see other males.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchupuata View Post
trust me, your gay friend might do it but for a straight guy there is zero competition between you and a gay guy, he simply doesn't even register.

I already mentioned this, but gays have the fantasy of turning around a straight guy.
Speaking as a straight male, I have to say that neither straight women nor gay men can speak for us.

Straight women/gay men don't seem to understand how we (genuinely straight-not gay, bisexual or bicurious) males see other males.

Awhile back a woman started a thread, wanting to know why (straight) males never refer to other men as "cute". She couldn't seem to accept that we don't see other men as "cute". Another woman posted to that thread the suggestion that we might view other males as "adorable". Wrong.

Women might notice that us straight males are very visual in our sexuality. We are keenly aware of a woman's degree of physical beauty. Or to put it another way, the feminine features of the female body. Well, in this context, a male body just doesn't work. It does not compute.

Gay men are barking up the wrong tree; they can't compete with women in this contest. Because there is no contest.

Last edited by Tim Randal Walker; 07-15-2017 at 07:04 PM..

Old 07-16-2017, 12:50 PM

993 posts, read 1,767,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Randal Walker View Post
Speaking as a straight male, I have to say that neither straight women nor gay men can speak for us.

Straight women/gay men don't seem to understand how we (genuinely straight-not gay, bisexual or bicurious) males see other males.

Awhile back a woman started a thread, wanting to know why (straight) males never refer to other men as "cute". She couldn't seem to accept that we don't see other men as "cute". Another woman posted to that thread the suggestion that we might view other males as "adorable". Wrong.

Women might notice that us straight males are very visual in our sexuality. We are keenly aware of a woman's degree of physical beauty. Or to put it another way, the feminine features of the female body. Well, in this context, a male body just doesn't work. It does not compute.

Gay men are barking up the wrong tree; they can't compete with women in this contest. Because there is no contest.
I'm curious, do you think straight men can't tell the relative attractiveness of other guys? I get not wanting to classify them as "cute" or "hot" or w/e, but I feel like most people would be able to be able to determine if a person has the qualities deemed attractive or not.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:06 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC01 View Post
I'm curious, do you think straight men can't tell the relative attractiveness of other guys? I get not wanting to classify them as "cute" or "hot" or w/e, but I feel like most people would be able to be able to determine if a person has the qualities deemed attractive or not.
I am as straight as can be and have no problem acknowledging other guys as handsome. I mean, not to them usually, but describing other guys as handsome. If my daughter shows me a pic of a young guy she's friends with or is interested in, I might say "Yeah, he's cute" but I doubt I'd refer to a grown man as cute.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:13 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
I myself am a straight male and I can tell if another man has the features to attract women.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:18 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,868,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Randal Walker View Post

This comment seems very true to me (woman over here)-
to answer the OP- there isn't any competition from gay males for straight guys- and if there is/ those guys arent actually "straight"- don't worry about something you never had to lose to begin with!

Old 07-16-2017, 04:08 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,993,882 times
Quote:
I'm curious, do you think straight men can't tell the relative attractiveness of other guys?
You would have to clarify what you mean by "attractiveness". Are you talking about an emotional reaction by women in response to men they are interested in? Or are you talking the about the aesthetics of physical appearance?

In terms of aesthetics, yes, we straight males can determine who fits the extremes of a bell curve: 1. Men who are particularly homely. 2. Men who are particularly handsome. Number 2 needs to be clarified-it is an acknowledgement in an emotionally detached way. Similar to how one could acknowledge the sleek appearance of a shark or an eagle.

As for an emotionally reaction by a straight woman or a gay man, I can't relate. I don't see men as "cute" or "adorable".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships