Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 07:48 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,096,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by returning_to_dating View Post
No, you said I have a terrible personality, which seems terribly off topic. i Just come here after work and the gym to see if anyone can help me make sense of what I see every day.
My post was not an insult. It was a theory.

You say you are the total package on paper. Then, mysteriously, after the date, women are not into you.

My theory is that you must have a terrible personality. They like what they see online, but once they spend time with you they balk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 07:48 PM

192 posts, read 178,443 times
Agreed. I have to work on that.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:50 PM

286 posts, read 306,564 times
Quote:
No, you said I have a terrible personality, which seems terribly off topic. i Just come here after work and the gym to see if anyone can help me make sense of what I see every day.
You are attractive to so-called attractive women. You go on dates with them easily. They don't want to continue dating you after the first encounter.

Follow the breadcrumbs, bro.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Agreed. I have to work on that.
Surely you have some clue what the problem is. Has no woman ever gotten mad and really unloaded on you that you are just so (fill in the blank) and you're always so (fill in the blank)?

What is it you think you need to work on?

Old 01-12-2015, 07:53 PM

2,955 posts, read 2,907,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryborg View Post
I boggle at the huge disparity of results guys claim to get with online dating. I can barely get one date a year, yet you say you get one or two a week (let alone with "9s and 10s", which I say is completely subjective but that's here-nor-there).

99% of guys take crap pictures and write crap profiles. By chance there are a few that get it all right but then go on to write an ending sentence of something incredibly stupid

Sure there might be 2000 guys within a few miles but on closer inspection, competition is non-existent (women know what I'm talking about).

Old 01-12-2015, 07:53 PM

192 posts, read 178,443 times
I went far in extreme sports but am only the only person I know from that circle that went to a prestigious law school and now have a job. It's hard to understand that and now find a wife.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
I went far in extreme sports but am only the only person I know from that circle that went to a prestigious law school and now have a job. It's hard to understand that and now find a wife.
Hard to understand what??

Old 01-12-2015, 07:57 PM

783 posts, read 851,653 times
Quote:
You're a guy that only contacts the blonde or brunette that looks fantastic in a bikini and also has a Graduate degree. She would be the best looking girl at the bar but also top of her class in a prestigious law school or some other program. What types of experiences have you had?

I am able to get one or two dates with women like this a week. But they seem to have an incredibly preconceived idea of what chemistry is, and if that is not felt immediately, they have no problem not getting together again because they are probably getting contacted by some many guys.
My experience is they don't even respond.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:00 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Hard to understand what??
I think what's he's trying to say is that because he's so amazingly talented and smart and athletic yada yada, that he deserves all the top tier women to be throwing their panties at him in awe.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I think what's he's trying to say is that because he's so amazingly talented and smart and athletic yada yada, that he deserves all the top tier women to be throwing their panties at him in awe.
That's what I was afraid of. I was HOPING it would be something else.

OP, did your parents not teach you that it's more than just what's on the outside that counts??????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships