Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 02:34 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,693,534 times

Advertisements

If you don't feel that spark you need to move on. You deserve to be with someone that makes your heart race. He does sound like a great guy, but he's not the great guy for you. It's sad, but not everyone is a match even though they look good on paper, which is why dating is essential and a weeding out process. If you settled for this guy you'd regret it and it would not end well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 02:44 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,640,800 times
Look at it from the other side. Would you want somebody not into you and no possibility of it ever happening? Move on and find somebody you really are into.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:49 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,251,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Look at it from the other side. Would you want somebody not into you and no possibility of it ever happening? Move on and find somebody you really are into.
This was me. Fell hard for a 24 yr old woman who wasn't into me the same way. Basically the same thing in reverse.
I ended it. Had to. Was driving me crazy. Decided to give up the so-called dream girl for someone who WAS crazy about me.
Moral? Go with your gut. Gut always wins.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:53 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,214,065 times
Please just let him go lol. These types of situations always lead to the woman cheating during the marriage

Old 01-20-2015, 03:37 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,125,757 times
Just because he is a nice attractive guy with a job and his life together doesn't make him the right guy for you. I think sometimes people have unrealistic expectations about the spark or whatnot, but seriously there needs to be SOME spark. Relationships are tough. If you don't have some foundation of being crazy for one another, then in my opinion it's going to be hard to remember what you're fighting for when things get tough. It's perfectly fine to pass on a good guy if you don't feel he's the right guy for you. It's really not fair to either of you if you feel like you are settling. I want someone who is crazy about me! I would never want anyone to settle for me because they think I'm a nice person and I have a job! Time to move on!

Old 01-20-2015, 03:44 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,295,311 times
I've met plenty of good women in my life. They had jobs, they had roofs over their heads, and they could carry a conversation. The thing that mattered most was that I had no connection with them. They fit what I wanted on paper, but I was never pressed to want to get to know them better. Sometimes you just meet a lot of people in life that just don't do it for you. Doesn't mean either of you are bad, it just means you're not right for each other.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:06 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,325,413 times
So don't date him. Problem solved.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:09 PM

102,266 posts, read 108,310,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyTangerine View Post
Hi. I'm in need of some objective advice. My friends and my mother say I'm insane but...who knows.

I'm 24, met a guy 6 months ago through my older brother. He's 30. Great guy, very nice, attractive, tall, lots of friends and a varied dating history. We have fun but there just isn't any spark or chemistry. He's great on paper, tons of fun, and a really good person but there are no butterflies or anything. I KNOW other women have just lost their minds over this guy (according to my brother) but he was never ready to settle down until he felt he had enough life experience.

I'm probably handicapping myself because I keep comparing him to my ex of 2 years ago. My ex could make my heart pound with a smile. But obviously THAT didn't work out. Plus my mother wasn't nuts about the ex and she let me know all the time.

I like the guy, I truly do. We talk every day and hang out and have fun. We go out on dates, met each other's friends, gone away to a concert out of town. I have a blast but it isn't romantic to me.

Everyone keeps telling me that he's serious and wants a commitment now and I'd be insane not to leap at the chance but still...while I find him to be attractive I'm not ATTRACTED. Does that even make sense? I'm twisted up.
You're not ready for a commitment now. That's all he and anyone else needs to know.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:41 PM

204 posts, read 145,883 times
There should be no debate here. You don't go forward if you don't feel right about it. "Everyone" is not listening to you. Keep in mind, if you were to make him commit to you when you feel this way, you are messing with his life, wasting his time being with someone who was talked into it by others. So, it's two people you would be hurting, not just yourself. If you have been excluding his interests from consideration in this, then add that omission as another reason why you do not care for this man and should leave him be. I think, though, that he deserves the candor of what you have expressed here. Tell him nicely. Perhaps it will improve communication between the two of you in this important area. Even if it ends, an honest farewell, expressed nicely, will bode you well.

Old 01-20-2015, 05:11 PM

58 posts, read 45,854 times
It's hard to hurt someone you care for. I don't even know how to bring this up. And good lord it will be awkward when my brother finds out.

Known him for 6 months, been exclusively dating for like 4 with sexual intimacy. I guess an actual conversation is needed. I've never done this before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships