Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 02:53 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,274,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Which, with luck, everyone will.
I think you mean with luck everyone won't. If everyone got older the sex ratio would not improve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 02:56 PM

16 posts, read 12,560 times
The one downfall of college is that it is such a status game if you want the better looking girls. At schools like the University of Florida, Greek Life dominates the social scene meaning if you are not affiliated with them then the better looking girls won't want anything to do with you since they will usually be in sororities, a lot of the better looking girls are usually in sororities. Also, college athletes get their pick of the litter as well. Everyone else is practically fighting for the rest of the female population which I don't think is that different from the real world.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:58 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,381,226 times
Absolutely depending how you approach it. I did well in college, but really hit my stride after. If I was single now in the right city I'm positive I could do better than most college kids. I don't think its until 30s it starts to slow. No reason a guy in his 20s can't do even better.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:59 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,411,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by postgradstressedman View Post
The one downfall of college is that it is such a status game if you want the better looking girls. At schools like the University of Florida, Greek Life dominates the social scene meaning if you are not affiliated with them then the better looking girls won't want anything to do with you since they will usually be in sororities, a lot of the better looking girls are usually in sororities. Also, college athletes get their pick of the litter as well. Everyone else is practically fighting for the rest of the female population which I don't think is that different from the real world.
I go to college in Manhattan, and Greek Life is almost non-existent here for the most part.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I go to college in Manhattan, and Greek Life is almost non-existent here for the most part.
That would explain a lot then. At your traditional colleges it dominates the scene though, frat boys in the right fraternity get their pick of hot girls and so do college athletes, everyone else is playing the game on hard mode in college regardless of looks or game.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:02 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,015,385 times
Quote:
Come on, college boy, use your brain. Don't you know anything about governing dynamics???

"Ignore the blonde!" (And watch the clip. Trust me.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CemLiSI5ox8

Old 01-25-2015, 03:03 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Quote:
There are great-looking girls who aren't into the Greek scene. But they may be shy, or the more creative types, studying art or music. Some are studying international relations, or poli sci. Some are in nursing. It never ceases to amaze me as to how clueless men are about where to find the kind of women they're interested in. But I guess that's true of a lot of people at that age, women included.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
I slept with a lot of women in college. Probably around 15-20 a year. There were periods after college that I slept with much, much more.

While I met plent of women in college, I really hit my stride afterwards.
How did you manage to sleep with 15-20 different women per year in college? Were you in a fraternity or a college athlete?

I would like to know because I am tall, good looking, and am having some issues at my university (University of Florida). Heading into my last year of college so joining greek life is not really an option, they are very strict about who they let into fraternities and they strongly prefer freshman and sophomores. Some outright reject upperclassmen for the most part and being that I only have 1 year left, I am going to have a hard time getting a bid.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There are great-looking girls who aren't into the Greek scene. But they may be shy, or the more creative types, studying art or music. Some are studying international relations, or poli sci. Some are in nursing. It never ceases to amaze me as to how clueless men are about where to find the kind of women they're interested in. But I guess that's true of a lot of people at that age, women included.
Problem is, if you major in something that will get you a future in college, there is a lot of time spent in academics. I am a chemistry major and life is hard for me at times due to labs eating up so much time and hard classes as well.

I have to be honest though, a part of me has always wanted to sleep with the blonde bombshell type that loves to party and have fun. Can't have that in college without being in a fraternity though. Bleh, guess that's life.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:10 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,274,273 times
Quote:
Women outnumber men in University. Be thankful you aren't going to a smart school.

Univ of Chicago:
Totals
Men: 8,550 (57.1%)
Women: 6,429 (42.9%

Univ. of Florida.
Totals
Men: 23,948 (46.3%)
Women: 27,776 (53.7%)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships