Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 12:16 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times

Advertisements

Well, today the boyfriend is working from home. I went grocery shopping and made him very happy by buying the ingredients for cheddar bacon burgers. He was hoping for ice cream, but instead I got him some healthier lowfat strawberry yogurt.

I do agree with drjones96's list completely except I would substitute some sort of non-NASCAR auto race instead of a football game on tv.

And yes, men do need praise and respect. I do thank my boyfriend profusely anytime he works on my cars or my house. As independent and a feminist as I am, I always let him know that he is a positive influence and addition to my life. We both like to thank the other person for being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 12:39 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
14 ways to melt a man

Tha'ts scary, some women might answer "Throw him in an inferno".

Old 01-09-2008, 12:41 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,268,829 times
I think he would combust instead of melting.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:41 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post

Well MIke, that would surely "melt a man" LOL

Old 01-09-2008, 01:10 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post

Then he would end up too crispy and brittle, not melted and like putty in our hands.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:39 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
No offense to any men here and it's actually a compliment but I always found men to be simple. A kind word, feed them, sex and their happy.
You pretty much have discovered the secret. That about does it.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:02 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
The one main thing that would make me melt is if she has a heart and great reverence for our Lord and Savior, Jesus. If she does, then I know I'll be able to trust her.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:10 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
You pretty much have discovered the secret. That about does it.
Thanks. I've never had any complaints.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:04 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,400,042 times
Back off, let them wallow in sports--feed their stomachs and don't hold back in the bedroom. Too may woman have hang-ups in the bedroom. The bedroom should be a playyard and nothing is off limits. A man basically want to be needed and treated like a king. Speak and feed him all the words that he desire. Every man likes a freak, especially one who could cook and put them first.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:11 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
1. Give him 30 minutes of quiet meditation when he gets home from work. (Do Not Unload on him when he walks through the door, he may turn around and go back to work)
2. Let him watch a scheduled sporting event on TV and let him hold the remote. (Do not flip the channel to Lifetime in the middle of a football game...especially if there are other TV's in the house)
3. Offer to host poker night for his friends (Do not come barging into poker night with a scrapbooking group)
4. Tell him when you are in the mood for it. (Don't make little hints assuming he'll pick up on it and then later tell him how you wanted it)
5. Give him time for a hobby. (Don't plan out his saturdays for him 6 months in advance and don't dismiss his hobby as 'stupid' and run him down about it in front of his in-laws)
6. Leave him sexually alluring notes (Yeah guys like it too)
7. Make time to watch movies with him (No girly girly movies, watch those on your own time). When you're together, cuddled up watching a DVD and your mom calls either tell her you'll call her back later or take the conversation to the other room. Nothing upsets guys more than a rude movie interupter.
8. Go to the gym and work out with him.
9. Act confident and sexy about yourself in the bedroom (no guys I know enjoy it particularly when women talk about how fat they are when you're trying to initiate something)
10. Be flexible about bedroom activities and even come up with new ideas to surprise him. (Don't depend on him to always be the one to spice things up if you have things in mind)
11. Make his favorite meal as a surprise (something that only gets made every once in a while, not something he has at least once a week)
12. Let him spend time in the garage tinkering
13. Compliment his ...cough...size (even if he isn't that big...it helps)
14. Head....lots of Head
It all sounds like glorified babysitting too me. No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships