Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 10:18 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,082,155 times

Advertisements

I think I will view this the same way I viewed the party line in 2000, low expectations

it's very easy to not take a site like this seriously
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 11:21 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,975,369 times
I tried it but I like keeping social media platforms separate. I don't need extra friends or people snooping around my facebook that I am trying to court. This why I won't use tinder especially whenever it's mandatory that I use another platform to use another.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:47 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,633,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I tried it but I like keeping social media platforms separate. I don't need extra friends or people snooping around my facebook that I am trying to court. This why I won't use tinder especially whenever it's mandatory that I use another platform to use another.
People on Tinder won't have access to your Facebook, but you could set up a friendless Facebook account strictly for Tinder.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:48 AM

535 posts, read 516,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I met the guy I am seeing right now on Tinder. I try to forget that's how we met, but I'll always be grateful to it! We would never have met otherwise!
I met my last bf on craigslist, 3 years later he still couldn't get over it :/

Old 02-03-2015, 12:17 PM

5,367 posts, read 5,158,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
You can specify the age range you want to view so there's no reason why you should be seeing anyone who you consider too old.
Yeah, but then I'm left with just too ugly . Bottom line is tinder hasn't really made any decent matches for me and I have a neutral profile, I'm halfway attractive, and I'm not that picky. I do better IRL than on dating app things. I wonder if it's just because there is such a flood of guys on them?

Old 02-03-2015, 10:08 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,510,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
I've tried it and actually got one date from it. Downside is that Tinder gives you anyone that's close to your phone whether they live in your area or not. So when the Superbowl was in town last week I was getting a lot of new women popping up on my phone, only to find out that they live out of town. Made a match with a couple and when I wanted to set up a date for later this week found out that they would be long gone by then.
?

Old 02-04-2015, 12:39 AM

456 posts, read 834,585 times
Aren't most women on such sites fat black ladies and desperate white girls with no jobs?

Old 02-04-2015, 12:44 AM

1,979 posts, read 3,530,745 times
I don't know anyone who uses Tinder for dating. It's a hook-up app! That's why it's geo/gps based. The straight version of Grindr.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:04 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,262,224 times
For the hype about it being for hookups - it's never worked for me that way. Maybe I'm not good looking enough?

I have gotten dates out of it from women who wanted an ltr. Generally I found that the success rate is about the same as web-based OLD but a lot less of a time-sink. You just swipe and then text. No reading profiles, composing messages, etc...

I created a friend-less FB page for it. I switch out the pictures every once in a while. I've found that variations, ie: if I'm wearing glasses or not - in your picture can have huge effects on who swipes you. People are making split-second swipe decisions so you never know what characteristics might matter and what might not. I'll delete the FB page and Tinder, reload them both with different features, and always get different sets of matches.

There are spam profiles on it. They are pretty easy to spot.

Apps are the future of OLD, & actually the same company that owns Tinder owns OKCupid and Match. I expect various gimmicks & themes to develop & an age gap where older people use web-based OLD and the younger crowd uses apps. Truthfully I use it more for entertainment.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:38 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,633,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antequera View Post
Aren't most women on such sites fat black ladies and desperate white girls with no jobs?
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships