Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 05:07 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,482 times

Advertisements

Depending how large he is, he may not be able to reach everything in the shower, and taking a bath would end up being a stew

Old 02-05-2015, 05:29 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,947,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
Depending how large he is, he may not be able to reach everything in the shower, and taking a bath would end up being a stew
Maybe he uses comfort wipes.

I work with a guy who not only has BO but also has bad breath, I can't stand being anywhere near him.

The best way to not have bad breath is to use a water pik after brushing.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:43 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Spray air freshener.

Old 02-05-2015, 10:08 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
She told him no but he said she'll never meet anyone like him.
When a man says that, my response is usually, "I certainly hope so." It takes them a second to figure out they've been dissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Times like this are why I am glad not to do online. I have come across a few smelly men and a few men I know came across smelly women. I am obsessed with being clean and before I go places I brush my teeth (even if I did earlier), take a shower and wear fresh clothes. I don't get poor hygiene. I know sometimes medicine does cause smell (I once was on medication that did this)but most of the time it's poor hygiene. Sometimes if my boyfriend worked hard he smells but he'll go and take a shower.
I used to keep a blog where I wrote about online dating. Hilarity ensued.

But I don't get the poor hygiene, either. It's gross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
This literally made my stomach churn. Oh, gawd. I need to take a moment...

Old 02-05-2015, 10:24 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Febreze Blue Can.............Just Do It............and everything smells Febrezy

Old 02-05-2015, 10:27 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Not having dated for over 15 years if a date showed up like that............why don't people just say sorry not a good fit.........and leave.

That's acceptable for job interviews why feel obligated to hang with smelly and nasty people as I have seen some tolerate.

Some of these post I have read over the months are so bad I would just drive away like oh eve.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:28 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
This thread demands a song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jlGRq8xZ4

[it's not your fault!]

Old 02-06-2015, 12:46 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,988 times
Speaking as a male:

Strangely enough, I have seen varied "scientific" reports (research studies) in the media and on the web over the years-- even during 2014 --in which scientists have said that the primary thing that attracts women to men (at least on a subconscious level) is his smell. They call them "pheromones", which are defined as follows:

Pheromones
are chemicals that are secreted in our sweat and other bodily fluids that are believed to influence the behavior of the opposite sex, such as triggering sexual interest and excitement.

That made sense at first glance. But then they also ALL said that it detracts from a man's chances if he covers over his "natural smells" with deodorants, soaps, sprays, colognes, et al. In other words, that women instinctively are attracting to "the natural smell of men". I'm just going by memory here (not remembering the exact wording of all these many scientific studies over the years). But yet that seems contradictory to how so many women talk about this matter of how one smells and even what all the women are saying here in this thread . . . and that didn't seem quite right to me based on my own experiences over many decades. That is, what if a man's "natural smell" seems OK and non-offensive to HIM but THE WOMAN thinks it is offensive and a put-off? And yet these studies seem to say to males to "let your natural smell come out rather than trying to cover them all over with all those artificial smells".

That doesn't sound like it quite jibes with what everyone or nearly everyone says here in this thread. And yet ALL these parties over the years that call themselves "scientists" and call these statements "scientific findings" appear to say to the contrary of what you all say Huh?!!??!!!!????.

Last edited by UsAll; 02-06-2015 at 01:13 AM..

Old 02-06-2015, 02:11 AM

321 posts, read 372,403 times
Sounds like he might have mild autism. People who do sometimes struggle with hygiene, and might also have the lack of social insight to know not to call a woman after she clearly expressed that she wasn't interested.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:28 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
1. Htf do you sweat when it is 20° out?
2. What kind of person doesn't know that you need to bathe? Seriously, this is basic stuff.
3. Meeting guys like that must make streeterville seem pretty chill.
4. I feel sorry for your friend, she's more forgiving than I would be. Unless this guy was homeless or something, I can't fathom what he was thinking.
I'm homeless (most days) and I even make efforts to be better. On days I can't be clean, I try to avoid meeting people.

And yet those are the days they want to be around me the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships