Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2015, 05:49 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,257,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Bacone View Post
Huh? Where are you getting that from? Women are beautiful at all ages. There's no difference between a women in her 20s and one in her 50s.
OK you are just deluded. A woman in her 20's looks different from one in her 50's. The same goes for men as well.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:03 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,257,429 times
Quote:
Age-shaming women doesn't change the basic fact that women are beautiful at all ages. I have no idea why so many men seek younger women. Perhaps they think that they're more youthful, attractive and fertile but nothing could be further from the truth.
Age-shaming women is how you read my post?

Women are beautiful regardless of age, but women definitely look different depending on age. Again, the same applies to men. And again, if you're saying otherwise, you are deluded.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:12 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,641 times
Quote:
Age-shaming women doesn't change the basic fact that women are beautiful at all ages. I have no idea why so many men seek younger women. Perhaps they think that they're more youthful, attractive and fertile but nothing could be further from the truth.
You can say that again.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:27 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
Gah! I guess since I'm 46, I should cover all of my mirrors, stop going out, stop taking care of my hair and stuff, stop going to the gym, and just fire myself from life.

Nevermind that my last two long term relationships were with younger men.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:39 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
If you notice, the women who don't like it (on this thread anyway) tend to be married women or women already in relationships... or even younger women in their 20s who have chimed in. So I don't think it's lack of dating options so much as having dealt with this stuff and not liking it that's the reason.

I am concerned about it because it happens to me all the time (still) and I don't like it. Much older men hit on me and I don't care for it at all. It happened in my teens, 20s, and even today. But then again, I can't do a thing about it. I also have a daughter and I worry for her when she's older because when you are in your teens and even early 20s and a 40 or even 50-year-old man hits on you, it's a combination of scary, creepy, intimating, and overwhelming. There is still a degree of childhood "stranger danger" in the mix especially when you are under 16 (and yes, these older men in their 50s hit on minors too... the earliest men started this stuff with me was when I was 12-years-old and riding my bike in my neighborhood).

Now that I am older, I can handle saying no better and I can handle the catcalls... it doesn't scare or intimate me anymore. But it can be really traumatic for a younger woman who is little more than a girl (at least, it was for me back in the day) and I guess all I want is some acknowledgement from men that young woman doesn't equal "just a sex object" and they actually have some empathy for someone who still might be a little girl mentally (or maybe even legally). Hey, if a May December romance blooms, power to both of them... but most times it doesn't happen.

I get this sense that some of the guys in this thread think the older women here have always been older women and didn't live through this kind of thing (or still deal with it). It's not jealousy more so than been there, done that, and hated (and still hate) it.
I'd be inclined to disagree...our more "outspoken" posters have made it a point to mention that they can't find any men their own age because they're pursuing younger women. And if it even truly WAS the married/LTR posters...then they're getting all up in arms about something that's not even affecting them? That's almost worse. There's tons of things I don't like in the world, but I'm not going to try and shame the women on the board into gathering together and fixing it.

I can't speak for the other posters, but I'm well aware of the fact that the older women on this board were younger at some point, which is why it's so obvious when they get so angry about it. Like I said, it's no different than a short or broke guy complaining about women's preferences. If you ask him, he'll say it's not jealousy, he just doesn't think women should be so shallow. People are too defensive to take that sort of accountability, so we'll just have to agree to disagree that that's the case.

Quote:
So you think that younger women aren't more youthful? No wonder you're having trouble understanding the premise of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Age-shaming women is how you read my post?

Women are beautiful regardless of age, but women definitely look different depending on age. Again, the same applies to men. And again, if you're saying otherwise, you are deluded.
Francis is seriously reaching to try and get any kind of "age shaming" out of that post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Gah! I guess since I'm 46, I should cover all of my mirrors, stop going out, stop taking care of my hair and stuff, stop going to the gym, and just fire myself from life.
Or you could argue points that people aren't making?

Old 02-17-2015, 06:55 PM

321 posts, read 372,403 times
Quote:
Attractiveness is subjective to an extent, but are you honestly saying younger people aren't more youthful or fertile? Language and biology, respectively, disagree with you.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:40 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
There's enough variety in what people find attractive that I never let this bother me.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-17-2015, 08:11 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There's enough variety in what people find attractive that I never let this bother me.
If only others felt this way. I used to get pretty up in arms about what women wanted when I was younger, but rather than complain about it, I focused on my making myself a better, more interesting person. Being more attractive to women was a byproduct of that.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:33 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,679 times
Women of all ages are attractive. The women easy to approach, talk to, and not give one a hard time, whether they are younger or older, are the ones that get approached. Right now some of them just happen to be younger.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:37 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Women of all ages are attractive. The women easy to approach, talk to, and not give one a hard time, whether they are younger or older, are the ones that get approached. Right now some of them just happen to be younger.
Basically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships