Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2015, 10:26 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UC18 View Post
I know you like to say that-- you've done so on dozens of threads-- but I've yet to see you convince anyone else. Do you really not see the irony of someone who dates an older man being so against other women dating older men? That's called projection. If you were happy with your own dating/relationship life you wouldn't be bothered by what others do with theirs.

There is a difference between my situation than many others, and why people!e don't get it is beyond me. We didn't find each other online, nor did he want to date me only because I am younger. I've never attacked relationships where people were like me. Rather, I've talked about the situations where men only want younger women, like online. There is a difference. Also, I don't consider 9 years an age gap. Notice I always mention wanting women younger enough to be his daughter? 9 years is not that range. But keep trying to prove my situation is the same as a man only wanting younger because of the reasons.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:27 PM

372 posts, read 740,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neu Russof View Post
That's true. Plus they're more fertile. It's pretty obvious, really, it's hardly a mystery. I don't get why a woman's peak is considered to be in her 30s or 40s or whatever it is now. It's laughable.
I guess they figure if they say it enough, men will start to believe it. lol

They want to have fun in their 20's and still be able to catch the most desirable man when they're in their 30's.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:47 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neu Russof View Post
That's true. Plus they're more fertile. It's pretty obvious, really, it's hardly a mystery. I don't get why a woman's peak is considered to be in her 30s or 40s or whatever it is now. It's laughable.
So says the "manosphere? "

Old 02-19-2015, 04:51 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnalsI gnoL View Post
I guess they figure if they say it enough, men will start to believe it. lol

They want to have fun in their 20's and still be able to catch the most desirable man when they're in their 30's.
How dare people want to have fun in their 20s! The nerve.....

Old 02-19-2015, 05:23 PM

372 posts, read 740,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
How dare people want to have fun in their 20s! The nerve.....
Go ahead, spend the years when you look the the best, partying and hooking up with a bunch of dudes. Just don't wait until you're 35 and then rush to find a man, when you're nowhere as desirable as you used to be, and then complain about how there's no good men out there.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:26 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
I don't get why a woman's peak is considered to be in her 30s or 40s or whatever it is now. It's laughable.
Dumkopf who is no longer here is looking at this from a typically sexist point of view and assuming it's all about how men feel about women, which is not what people mean when they say women peak in their 30s.

It means her 30s is when a woman's libido is at its peak. Estrogen starts to drop off before testosterone, and the disproportionate amount of testosterone means the sex drive gets stronger.

In other words, not every discussion about women's bodies and sexuality have to do with MEN and what MEN want from a MAN'S point of view. You're not the center of the universe, and not everything is couched in terms that include YOU.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:32 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
Quote:
Go ahead, spend the years when you look the the best, partying and hooking up with a bunch of dudes. Just don't wait until you're 35 and then rush to find a man, when you're nowhere as desirable as you used to be, and then complain about how there's no good men out there.

Are you implying that people, women in particular, should be marrying in their early 20s?

Old 02-19-2015, 05:49 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,257,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Are you implying that people, women in particular, should be marrying in their early 20s?
If you reread his posts and think for a few seconds, you'll know that he implies women in their 20's (not specifically early 20's) should devote more time to building a stable relationship (not necessarily getting married) so that they minimize the chance of ending up single in their 30's.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:49 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
There's quite a bit of room between getting married in your early 20's and waiting until you are 35 to try and get a man. In the early 20's you are at an increased risk of divorce, but at 35 you generally have fewer men than women and would be considered a high risk pregnancy should you choose to have kids.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:54 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
More sexism: Women, better hurry up and take whoever will have you before no one will have you at all!

Too bad it doesn't work that way. Attractive people generally stay attractive, and good people are good people. Plenty of women meeting good men and getting married in their 30s--to men their own age, to boot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships