Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 08:44 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,194,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
LOL, fascinating
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
You are the first woman I've ever heard say this. That definitely proves that there's no given formula for figuring out men or women.
Have you ever just watched them? They MOVE! ALL THE TIME! They are FASCINATING!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 09:18 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,189,594 times
Here's one for men...
Just because I'm nice to you doesn't mean I'm into you.
I've realized this since my 30's that most men mistake niceness & friendliness for flirting.....
Big difference to me.
I'm not attracted to 99% of the men I meet, IRL.
But I am nice, lol
So they inevitably try to take that a step further....

Old 02-20-2015, 09:34 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,800,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Except not all women do that either, and I know many men who do. This board is filled with many examples of whiny men who have gotten loads of advice but refuse to take it because they would rather just complain that change themselves for the better. Personally, I would prefer someone offering me solutions to a problem. Proactivity makes me feel better. I hate when people offer me bull**** platitudes like "keep your chin up" and "stay positive!" That doesn't help. Give me solutions, not empty sympathy.

As for the OP, something I want men to know is that their balls are ugly. All of them. Without exception. We may love them because they are a part of you, but honestly, other than the function that they serve, we wouldn't miss them if they were gone.
I'm not sure what you're referring to here (the underlined), but either way, I made no statements about "all women" doing anything or implying that there aren't "many men" who do anything either.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Some of the worst misunderstandings I've had with my husband is when he thought "women" wanted X or Y.

Stereotypes and generalizing are great...... until you try to apply it to individuals. A lot of what women wrote here don't apply to me and I thinks it's misleading to discuss "this is what men want", maybe statistically men overall want that, but we are talking about personal relations.... Then you get men on here "one woman got mad because I opened her door and this other one got mad because I didn't!!!! Women don't know what they want!!!!!" I mean... duh.... people are different.

I don't disagree that genders tend towards certain traits, but I don't think a lot of posters here realize there may be a probability not a certainty.
Well that's the catch: knowing the difference between what some women want and what YOUR woman wants. And as long as people can understand the difference, then there's no harm in them "knowing" anything. The point of the thread was to clarify something you wish more member so the other gender knew. Because that would help that individual poster. People that don't like (whatever the topic of that post was) have no need to get upset about it as long as others don't assume that they like it too.

Example: Some guy might wish that women did XYZ. I might not like XYZ. But as long as a woman knows that, it doesn't matter to me if she knows that OTHER men like XYZ. It doesn't hurt or bother me in anyway, and it's useful for all the other men she's dated that do.

Seems to me like all the people getting up in arms about this simply wish that the other gender knew how to separate the individual from the group, in which case, they should have just said so :)

Old 02-20-2015, 09:48 AM

There must be half a dozen responses that maintain that the basis of this thread is a bad idea because you can't generalize the genders. That's a silly reaction to have. If someone is going to take information and apply it to everyone, that's not the kind of person you're going to associate with anyway, so what do you care what they learn?

Old 02-20-2015, 09:53 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,194,453 times
I would like all men to know the difference between having an opinion and getting up in arms.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I would like all men to know the difference between having an opinion and getting up in arms.
Don't generalize us! Some women like men that can't tell the difference!

Old 02-20-2015, 09:55 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,020,723 times
Quote:
Maybe for women there is.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:29 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,401,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Baseballs right?
Just follow the bouncing balls...

Old 02-20-2015, 12:15 PM

48,563 posts, read 34,935,042 times
Quote:
Have you ever just watched them? They MOVE! ALL THE TIME! They are FASCINATING!
I read your original statement twice, and moved on because I figured I must be misunderstanding. /lol

I would HATE to have stuff just...... hanging...trying to decide to tuck left or right... (shudder)
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships