Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 09:50 PM

535 posts, read 516,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
Spend more on underwear, it is more than functional.
Good one. (I'm assuming this is for ladies?) Jenna Marbles said some pretty funny stuff about that before. If you buy them in a pack, you've pretty much given up on life
Honestly there was a real positive and significant shift in how I viewed and felt about myself (and physical comfort as well) when I started shopping at VS instead of buying the cheapest foam, sandpaper, and wire boob holder and fraying stretch "lace" underwear they have at Gordman's. I'm actually pretty cheap, but I think it's so so worth it to buy quality, pretty understuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 11:12 PM

19,972 posts, read 30,299,413 times
here's a few common statements from women, that beat a man down...(and yes, most of this is said being a smart-ass)

what's the matter?

fine ( an all purpose word/response that men need to hear how its said and try to interpret this, right up there with a ...sigh)

you don't seem to care much for my friends
( when you go on and on about some dramatic happening with your friend, and the guy is withholding judgment because to be honest would cause a fight and a fight = no sex

you need to talk about your emotions more = I cant be honest, because if im honest, you will be crying in 3 minutes and crying = no sex

you sure you want to go here ?? this, after she wont make a decision, and also wont make a suggestion after this statement

"are you really going to order that? = she disproves of you ordering that steak on the menu, you look at her weigh the potential consequences of still ordering a steak, will she withhold sex from me for ordering a steak?
or,,, thinking, for all the fruits and nuts and salads she is eating why is her ass getting so big?
so, you start appeasing, you order the chicken wishing it was a steak,,,but trying to banking some goodwill ... for sex tonight.....and right here, you realize, you are starting to appease/avoid, which is the minefield of distance/dishonesty, because if you were totally honest and said, "you can order what you'd like, as will I do" this is a treat" at least half the women in the world will go on and on about what you don't want to hear, and you cant be honest and tell her :enough" or "drop it" although those are two words women say to men

here's a few comments from guys

" ive noticed you before and love your smile" this means ive pictured you naked a 100 times, and would love to see this for real!

"what would YOU like to do tonight ?? = what do I have to do or appease to have sex

"its not for me to judge " = please stop talking about your co worker or friend that's an emotional mess,, what you are going on and on about, you did last week, and probly will next week , but I cant be honest with you and tell you this,

don't worry,, everyone has gas (chuckle)" = omg, this girl could start her own natural gas pipeline. how much friggin fruit do you need to eat?

" yes, I do know what pms is"

in response to her asking "you do know what pms is, and how real it is for women" every month
she is trying to tell you, she is an emotional soup, and don't judge harshly(some women have severe pms)
again, the guy is weighing appeasement and sex... but some women go into bat**** crazy mode..
and the guy quickly realizes he is like a french fry to a crow she will rip him apart and leave him bleeding , over anything /nothing.... and yes, its his fault,,but no it isn't
and in a couple days she is fine,,,,,like coming out of a werewolf transition... and the oddest thing happens, while she can remember every word the man has said in 6 months, she cannot remember one mean word she had said in the previous three days of hell.,

"what"?????

this in response of your girlfriend/wife volunteering that you will help one of her coworkers to move ...
what if I volunteered my wife/girlfriend to cook for a sports gathering ???
ladies, do not volunteer us to help your friends that have f- up lives. we don't mind helping out ,,so the approach matters
" Julie said she would give you a massage if you'd help her move " that's the right approach,,,right there

Old 02-14-2015, 12:19 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,581,655 times
Put your makeup on before I wake up!

Just kidding, but acknowledging that you are somewhat crazy when your hormones are out of whack would go a long way in me understanding the situation.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:46 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,842,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
That's not me at all. I say what I like and don't like and I am very much myself (although honestly, I am bubbly and happy most of the time. It's my "default" setting ). Now my ex husband, you know what he did once when I asked him if he needed anything at the store? He played a song on his computer, never answered me. The song was "No Sugar Tonight" by the Guess Who. I didn't "get it" and left. Turns out he wanted me to buy sugar, but instead of clearly telling me, he did a mind reading thing. He ended up pouting and being mad at me all day because, well, he had no sugar to put in his coffee. He would also get upset when I didn't do things he wanted me to do (even if he never told me). And when he was upset and I would ask him what's wrong, he'd say "nothing" when he was clearly angry. So I've been there when it's done to me and I hate it too... and it was done to me by a man.

That's part of what I mean when I say that while there might be universal stereotypes about each sex (that might be true in a general sense), when you deal with an individual, you have to throw those stereotypes out the window. You can't assume all women play mind reading games, or all men love sports, or all women love shopping, or all men drink beer... etc.
I bet I know why he did the sugar thing; a few years back there was a superbowl commercial, I don't remember what it was for, but there was a guy in a cubical, who was playing music from his computer playlist whenever someone asked him a question. He would play a clip of a chorus line from whatever song, like your husband did. It was pretty funny when it was new, I'm sure he wasn't the only one doing it.

Old 02-14-2015, 02:12 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,842,420 times
I don't know how many men this could apply to, ladies, but I know with me, I like to keep things blunt, double-entandred words, inuendos, and other blah, I hold at face value. I'm a good judge of character, not too bad on reading people and emotions, but I answer a question with truth, not some wierd twisted double negative. I accept the answer given, and move on, I've been through that crap, that labrynth of truth searching, if you say you're "fine," then apparently you must be. To say you aren't "mad," I'll just purposefully assume you aren't. No more digging at it, accept what was said, and move along.

No matter how much you love your man, he's going to have some qualities you don't like. There are some he can change, or better, and there are some that just aren't going anywhere, adults are usually set in their own ways. Trying to fix and cast molds on a guy you thought was already your fit, must not be your fit. Some things are to be left well alone, if he doesn't talk to his father- eff it, let the peacefull silence ring loud,if he drives a certain way, or has road rage, just pray you get there. Those are stereotypes, but two things most men hold in high regard, is anything with cars, and whatever relationship they have with their father, two things really anyone shouldn't tread about.

Some men will leave you alone when you're on your menstral cycle, men like me will pop the tires, and pull the sparkplug wires off the thing.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:41 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,252,194 times
This cracks me up because my husband refers to menstruating as "changing the oil"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Some men will leave you alone when you're on your menstral cycle, men like me will pop the tires, and pull the sparkplug wires off the thing.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:45 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,252,194 times
Yep, that pretty much sums it up
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
here's a few common statements from women, that beat a man down...(and yes, most of this is said being a smart-ass)

what's the matter?

fine ( an all purpose word/response that men need to hear how its said and try to interpret this, right up there with a ...sigh)

you don't seem to care much for my friends
( when you go on and on about some dramatic happening with your friend, and the guy is withholding judgment because to be honest would cause a fight and a fight = no sex

you need to talk about your emotions more = I cant be honest, because if im honest, you will be crying in 3 minutes and crying = no sex

you sure you want to go here ?? this, after she wont make a decision, and also wont make a suggestion after this statement

"are you really going to order that? = she disproves of you ordering that steak on the menu, you look at her weigh the potential consequences of still ordering a steak, will she withhold sex from me for ordering a steak?
or,,, thinking, for all the fruits and nuts and salads she is eating why is her ass getting so big?
so, you start appeasing, you order the chicken wishing it was a steak,,,but trying to banking some goodwill ... for sex tonight.....and right here, you realize, you are starting to appease/avoid, which is the minefield of distance/dishonesty, because if you were totally honest and said, "you can order what you'd like, as will I do" this is a treat" at least half the women in the world will go on and on about what you don't want to hear, and you cant be honest and tell her :enough" or "drop it" although those are two words women say to men

here's a few comments from guys

" ive noticed you before and love your smile" this means ive pictured you naked a 100 times, and would love to see this for real!

"what would YOU like to do tonight ?? = what do I have to do or appease to have sex

"its not for me to judge " = please stop talking about your co worker or friend that's an emotional mess,, what you are going on and on about, you did last week, and probly will next week , but I cant be honest with you and tell you this,

don't worry,, everyone has gas (chuckle)" = omg, this girl could start her own natural gas pipeline. how much friggin fruit do you need to eat?

" yes, I do know what pms is"

in response to her asking "you do know what pms is, and how real it is for women" every month
she is trying to tell you, she is an emotional soup, and don't judge harshly(some women have severe pms)
again, the guy is weighing appeasement and sex... but some women go into bat**** crazy mode..
and the guy quickly realizes he is like a french fry to a crow she will rip him apart and leave him bleeding , over anything /nothing.... and yes, its his fault,,but no it isn't
and in a couple days she is fine,,,,,like coming out of a werewolf transition... and the oddest thing happens, while she can remember every word the man has said in 6 months, she cannot remember one mean word she had said in the previous three days of hell.,

"what"?????

this in response of your girlfriend/wife volunteering that you will help one of her coworkers to move ...
what if I volunteered my wife/girlfriend to cook for a sports gathering ???
ladies, do not volunteer us to help your friends that have f- up lives. we don't mind helping out ,,so the approach matters
" Julie said she would give you a massage if you'd help her move " that's the right approach,,,right there

Old 02-14-2015, 12:28 PM

535 posts, read 516,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
Put your makeup on before I wake up!

Just kidding, but acknowledging that you are somewhat crazy when your hormones are out of whack would go a long way in me understanding the situation.
I fear this will result in giving you permission to ignore and write off *everything* we say when you suspect it might be that time of the month. You're probably going to do it anyway, but at least I'm not saying it's ok

Old 02-14-2015, 01:03 PM

718 posts, read 617,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfICould View Post
I fear this will result in giving you permission to ignore and write off *everything* we say when you suspect it might be that time of the month. You're probably going to do it anyway, but at least I'm not saying it's ok
^ yes

Whenever I got a 'tude with my ex, he would write it off as internal hemorrhaging. But sometimes a girl is a b--- because the guy is an a-hole.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:38 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,984,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
That's not me at all. I say what I like and don't like and I am very much myself (although honestly, I am bubbly and happy most of the time. It's my "default" setting ). Now my ex husband, you know what he did once when I asked him if he needed anything at the store? He played a song on his computer, never answered me. The song was "No Sugar Tonight" by the Guess Who. I didn't "get it" and left. Turns out he wanted me to buy sugar, but instead of clearly telling me, he did a mind reading thing. He ended up pouting and being mad at me all day because, well, he had no sugar to put in his coffee. He would also get upset when I didn't do things he wanted me to do (even if he never told me). And when he was upset and I would ask him what's wrong, he'd say "nothing" when he was clearly angry. So I've been there when it's done to me and I hate it too... and it was done to me by a man.

That's part of what I mean when I say that while there might be universal stereotypes about each sex (that might be true in a general sense), when you deal with an individual, you have to throw those stereotypes out the window. You can't assume all women play mind reading games, or all men love sports, or all women love shopping, or all men drink beer... etc.
Didn't mean to say that was you.

I commented on you briefly but I should have said, "to the OP..."

You're cool Jill. Sorry bout your gay ex. I'm sure you're better now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships