Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 12:22 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,803,716 times

Advertisements

I dated this man from work a couple years ago. We broke up about 3 years ago. He moved to another city. We tried to remain friends after he left but his energy was dragging me down. He needed a weekly phone call and those were painful. We didn't have much to talk about and we would just complain about life. I got tired of it so I didn't want to be his friend either. I told him I was done with the past and wanted to move on. I blocked him from everything and stopped replying completely. Every 6 months to a year he will send me an email, each one saying it will be the last. Once he called me 9 times and sent me many texts. I got an email from him recently swearing it will be the last. Every time he contacts me it makes me extremely uncomfortable and stresses me out. He kept talking about how good we were 4 years ago and how he still thinks of me. And this one was lewd and disturbing. I sent his email to spam.

Then I started to worry. I think this guy has a history of not letting things go. I remember him telling me he would think of reaching out to his ex 30 years after they broke up. Holy F*** what did I sign up for??! I don't think he would go so far as to stalk me and find out where I live. I have moved since although he knows where my parents live.

I'm just getting really creeped out. I know I can't really file anything against him until he commits a crime. I have been trying to make myself not searchable in the search engines. But then LinkedIn occurred to me. In my industry being up to date with LinkedIn is very important. I have my current city on there and when I get a job I'm probably going to have that up too so he'll know where to find me if he *REALLY* wants to. I hope that will not happen.

Any crazy horror ex stories from anyone else?

Last edited by Gabriella Geramia; 01-02-2016 at 12:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 12:24 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,458,086 times
If you blocked him from everything how is he sending you email?

Old 01-02-2016, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If you blocked him from everything how is he sending you email?
I think that was the one thing I may have left out. I just went in and blocked his email.

Old 01-02-2016, 12:33 AM

62,147 posts, read 88,035,372 times
Finding someone is very easy nowadays. Contact him and tell that you don't want to be bothered by him ever again.
Block him everywhere on the Internet. Don't answer phone calls or txt messages, ignore every contact. Make sure he understands how serious you are
If he starts stalking you, get a restraining order.

Old 01-02-2016, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Finding someone is very easy nowadays. Contact him and tell that you don't want to be bothered by him ever again.
Block him everywhere on the Internet. Don't answer phone calls or txt messages, ignore every contact. Make sure he understands how serious you are
If he starts stalking you, get a restraining order.
I have already done all that but he ignores it. The last time I ever sent anything was probably over two years ago asking him to not contact me again. I don't want to engage in conversation and resort to sending an angry email telling him to stay the F away and threaten to file a restraining order if he tries to stalk me.

Old 01-02-2016, 01:05 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,921,685 times
Don't threaten. He continues a protection order is your next course of action. Violate that and next stop is jail.

Old 01-02-2016, 01:25 AM

10,411 posts, read 15,650,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I dated this man from work a couple years ago. We broke up about 3 years ago. He moved to another city. We tried to remain friends after he left but his energy was dragging me down. He needed a weekly phone call and those were painful. We didn't have much to talk about and we would just complain about life. I got tired of it so I didn't want to be his friend either. I told him I was done with the past and wanted to move on. I blocked him from everything and stopped replying completely. Every 6 months to a year he will send me an email, each one saying it will be the last. Once he called me 9 times and sent me many texts. I got an email from him recently swearing it will be the last. Every time he contacts me it makes me extremely uncomfortable and stresses me out. He kept talking about how good we were 4 years ago and how he still thinks of me. And this one was lewd and disturbing. I sent his email to spam.

Then I started to worry. I think this guy has a history of not letting things go. I remember him telling me he would think of reaching out to his ex 30 years after they broke up. Holy F*** what did I sign up for??! I don't think he would go so far as to stalk me and find out where I live. I have moved since although he knows where my parents live.

I'm just getting really creeped out. I know I can't really file anything against him until he commits a crime. I have been trying to make myself not searchable in the search engines. But then LinkedIn occurred to me. In my industry being up to date with LinkedIn is very important. I have my current city on there and when I get a job I'm probably going to have that up too so he'll know where to find me if he *REALLY* wants to. I hope that will not happen.

Any crazy horror ex stories from anyone else?
You need A Order of Protection from A Judge ASAP this man is stalking you , after you plainly told him that you wanted no more contact with him.

Old 01-02-2016, 01:34 AM

62,147 posts, read 88,035,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I don't want to engage in conversation and resort to sending an angry email telling him to stay the F away and threaten to file a restraining order if he tries to stalk me.
Well, then to answer your initial question: he will go as far you allow him to go.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:24 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,615,478 times
Something that people need to understand about PFAs: you can't just go to a judge and request one because someone "creeps you out."

If he has made threats and has a history of abusing you, THEN you may be able to get one. Check your state laws to see how. You can do this by using Google and just typing in your state name and Protection From Abuse orders.

I'm confused, though. Is he actually bothering you or is he just emailing you every few months?? First you said the latter, then you said he once called you nine times (but if he is blocked everywhere, how is this possible??)

If he contacts you excessively, you may be able to file harassment charges against him. Again, use Google. I had to do this against an ex who wouldn't leave me alone and even enlisted a former mutual friend to get in on the act.

Are you making a mountain out of a molehill, though? Don't you think he would have sought you out by now?

Old 01-02-2016, 07:25 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,615,478 times
Oh, and also... You dated him a couple years ago but broke up three years ago and he says you were good four years ago???? What???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships