Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 04:16 PM

6,886 posts, read 7,920,348 times

Advertisements

I don't know what possessed me...but I tried the quickmatch thingie on OKC again. For some reason it leads me to men I have not found in my searches. It also leads me to men who live far far away or are too young/too old, etc.

But anyway, I got quite a few indicators that guys I gave the thumbs up to had also given me the thumbs up. I was too busy to contact anyone, but as soon as Valentines Day passed, I started getting a lot of messages.

I am now having conversations online with 5 men who seem like viable candidates for a first meet. And they all contacted me. Usually I have to contact them first to get any action at all and it is like pulling teeth. I have only had one first meet in the last 6 months and now I have 5 potential?

I'm still a little busy so I haven't pushed to meet any of them. May meet one guy on Tuesday, his initiative, not mine. He seems very interested, I'm lukewarm. Two others I'm very 'meh' about, one other seems interesting, and the 5th I am VERY interested in.

So is it the Quickmatch thing that is widening my pool of potential candidates? Or is it because Valentines Day is over and a middle aged man's fancy turns to thoughts of love as spring approaches?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 04:40 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,646,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I don't know what possessed me...but I tried the quickmatch thingie on OKC again. For some reason it leads me to men I have not found in my searches. It also leads me to men who live far far away or are too young/too old, etc.

But anyway, I got quite a few indicators that guys I gave the thumbs up to had also given me the thumbs up. I was too busy to contact anyone, but as soon as Valentines Day passed, I started getting a lot of messages.

I am now having conversations online with 5 men who seem like viable candidates for a first meet. And they all contacted me. Usually I have to contact them first to get any action at all and it is like pulling teeth. I have only had one first meet in the last 6 months and now I have 5 potential?

I'm still a little busy so I haven't pushed to meet any of them. May meet one guy on Tuesday, his initiative, not mine. He seems very interested, I'm lukewarm. Two others I'm very 'meh' about, one other seems interesting, and the 5th I am VERY interested in.

So is it the Quickmatch thing that is widening my pool of potential candidates? Or is it because Valentines Day is over and a middle aged man's fancy turns to thoughts of love as spring approaches?
Maybe it's just you. I signed on today after having my profile disabled for over a month and it was still dead. lol Have fun!

Old 03-01-2015, 04:55 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,772,088 times
Browsing Quickmatch doesn't seem to have any effect on my messages. I still have to message women first and then one in twenty may message me back. But Quickmatch shows me women who are well outside my area, like 60+ miles away, and the regular 40-50 from my area I see all the time. Pretty useless in that regard.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Maybe it's just you. I signed on today after having my profile disabled for over a month and it was still dead. lol Have fun!
If your profile has been disabled, you won't be getting any traffic. Update something on it...anything at all, but especially a new picture, and you will show up on the update feed. More people will see you.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:43 PM

Just got another message....this time from someone I thought was cute in Quickmatch earlier this evening, and it popped up with "He's interested in you, too!" which I ignored at the time. But upon reading his profile and questions I'm definitely not interested. Plus, he also had a bathroom mirror pic which was completely unnecessary because he had several other good pics. Bathroom pic=dealbreaker for me.

So it seems that men just really want to know that someone they thought was cute was also interested in them before they contact. Fair enough!

Old 03-03-2015, 06:45 PM

599 posts, read 694,660 times
Quote:
Just got another message....this time from someone I thought was cute in Quickmatch earlier this evening, and it popped up with "He's interested in you, too!" which I ignored at the time. But upon reading his profile and questions I'm definitely not interested. Plus, he also had a bathroom mirror pic which was completely unnecessary because he had several other good pics. Bathroom pic=dealbreaker for me.

So it seems that men just really want to know that someone they thought was cute was also interested in them before they contact. Fair enough!
He or they maybe bisexual too..

Old 03-04-2015, 07:57 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,646,501 times
Quote:
If your profile has been disabled, you won't be getting any traffic. Update something on it...anything at all, but especially a new picture, and you will show up on the update feed. More people will see you.
I know I wasn't getting any traffic while it was disabled, but I'm saying nothing exciting happened when I reactivated it either. I got some messages from unsuitable people and when I did see a profile that I liked, I later found out it was fake and they were using the pics of some Colombian singer. lol Also, I was recently invited to help moderate profile photos so I don't know if they're asking everyone or if I'm just special.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:41 AM

128 posts, read 106,862 times
okcupid is soooo sucky

Old 03-04-2015, 08:42 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,047,003 times
I've had success on the site for gluten free people but I feel like I'm living a lie because I eat wheat.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:48 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,118,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
I've had success on the site for gluten free people but I feel like I'm living a lie because I eat wheat.
I literally just spit my chai tea all over my keyboard reading your comment! And I can't stop laughing! Thank you cause I really needed that this morning!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships