Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2015, 08:25 PM

5 posts, read 12,735 times

Advertisements

So.

Ive been talking to this guy, we'll call him DM.

Me and DM, the Piscean man I'm referring to in the title of this thread, have had relations before in the past. About four years ago, but it fizzled out after a week or two because I believe I was waaaaay to clingy. We just started talking again two weeks ago, through text.
I've been trying to play this a little differently, I really really like him and want a long lasting relationship with him. Not only is he a dream, he has a great job, car, his own place, and the same life goals as me. Not that the matierial things matter, but because I know since he has these things together that means he's probably happy with how stable they help his life remain.
Now, he was the first to ask when I was going to hang out with him again, this was about three days into us talking. I told him I was free that weekend and he replied, "I'll see what I've got going on." I dropped a hint a about two nights ago being as we never hung out and he says he's trying to gather things for us to do, says we're going to have a movie night. Since I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon I've decided to change it up a bit.
He texted me earlier today talking about this new job he has in the bag and how hes going to celebrate with friends tonight. I tried playing it cool, "I'm really happy for you, its going to make your life a lot easier," so he tells me about how he's "pregaming" with his brother and I never texted back. not because I'm upset about him partying, but because I don't want him to think I'm just DYING for him to text me. Even though I am, he hasn't said anything all day since then.
I was told that a Pisces wants what he cant have. But I'm no good at playing hard to get. My cusp is the hunter, so I know what I want when I see it, and I'm bound and determined to make this work, and if playing game's is what it takes then I will. But my major sign, Capricorn, is just dying for a quick answer and I'm sure this isn't going to happen. That's fine I suppose, but I want to know how to create a long lasting relationship with him. I'm ready to settle down, and him being twenty seven, I think he just might be as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 08:26 PM

718 posts, read 615,649 times
Do adults actually take these horoscope things seriously?

Old 03-06-2015, 08:27 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,735,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
Do adults actually take these horoscope things seriously?
Only the crackpots Ashley.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:37 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,727 times
Really I think playing hard to get is unwise, and doing it just because horoscopes say so is really a bad idea.

Playing hard to get is a good way to chase someone away. I know because when I was young and stupid I did it, and eventually the guy found a girlfriend and didn't give a crap about me anymore.

So if you like the guy, be reciprocal and let him know. Scopes aren't always right. One girl find that out. She was dating a Libra man, who was supposed to be a good match for her. They had a bitter break up after over a year of him not wanting to commit to her, and she's now dating another guy who seems like a better catch with his act together. But the scopes automatically say he isn't a match. So there ya go.

Playing Hard to Get is something only the hottest of hot could do because people line up for them. If one relationship bombs, they have tons of options. otherwise, for regular people it's best not to chase away good potential partners.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:57 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,151,071 times
Playing games is never the thing to do, regardless of when someone was born. Also, having a job and a car doesn't make a man a great catch.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:05 AM

52,214 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Playing games is never the thing to do, regardless of when someone was born. Also, having a job and a car doesn't make a man a great catch.
Pretty sure Ted Bundy had a car and job.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:03 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,359,946 times
You said that you and this man had "relations before" about four years ago and it fizzled out after only a week because you think you were too clingy? Now you have been "talking for two weeks through text"? And now you want to "settle down" with him and you assume that since he is 27 you think he might be ready as well? You haven't even been with him face to face during that two weeks and how do you even know he is someone you want to settle down with when you don't even know him? It sounds like you are really desperate to "be with" a man to fulfill your dreams of getting married. Even if he has the same interest in you (and I hate to hurt your feelings, but from what you said--it sounds like he doesn't--at least not now...) he probably wants to get to know someone more than two weeks before making that determination.

I have had some fun with horoscopes, just reading the daily ones in the newspapers years ago every now and then and seeing how close they came to what happened in my life that day. I even got one of those horoscope books back then that told me my "best match" based on birth signs. I never got into it. I preferred to make my choices of who I dated based on attraction and the person's personality, common interests--not on the fact that they were born in April or May. However, maybe if I did, and there is anything to it at all, I would have prepared myself for the onslaught of problems due to our personality clashes --who knows? LOL

I think it would be wise for you to slow down, take your time, date different people and for goodness sake, wait until you at least see the man in person and spend some time with him before sending out those wedding invitations.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:06 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,471 times
Being a Pisces male, I can tell you that for myself, any woman who didn't pose a challenge, drew zero interest for me. I don't like women who were needy/clingy/jealous. The only time I was interested in women who were unavailable, was when I just wanted to have FWB's or FB's....then I was sure I didn't have to worry about them getting too needy.....Of course I have no belief in astrology, so I can't even tell you if a Capricorn is compatible. I know that none of my ltr's were Capricorns, only FWB's or FB's were Capricorns....My advice is that you should look elsewhere.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:50 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Pretty sure Ted Bundy had a car and job.
and a place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships