Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 07:50 AM

22 posts, read 19,463 times

Advertisements

2 months ago a new coworker joined my company and from the first time we met each other it was instant chemistry. I could feel the sparks flying between us as we talked and flirted. He told me I was cute and that I looked younger than my age ( I am 44 and he is 30).

Even though he is a lot younger I know he likes me, I can see it in the way he looks at me, he also told me I made his day more fun in the office, and complimented me a lot of times on different things. But its been like this for 2 months and he still has not asked me out. And I hinted him a few times I like going out for a coffee with cute guys.

I can't help but feel confused, does he really like me? Is he just playing with me? Also we never text, we just talk in the office. We also are touchy feely with each other (mostly me) but I can tell he likes it.

Another thing that is bothering me is that other female coworkers also go talk to him, and though he isn't flirty with them as he is with me, they stay near him for long minutes talking about things not related to work.

So anyways, why isn't he asking me out? am I not seeing something? thanks for your replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2021, 07:58 AM

4,640 posts, read 1,795,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laila42 View Post
2 months ago a new coworker joined my company and from the first time we met each other it was instant chemistry. I could feel the sparks flying between us as we talked and flirted. He told me I was cute and that I looked younger than my age ( I am 44 and he is 30).

Even though he is a lot younger I know he likes me, I can see it in the way he looks at me, he also told me I made his day more fun in the office, and complimented me a lot of times on different things. But its been like this for 2 months and he still has not asked me out. And I hinted him a few times I like going out for a coffee with cute guys.

I can't help but feel confused, does he really like me? Is he just playing with me? Also we never text, we just talk in the office. We also are touchy feely with each other (mostly me) but I can tell he likes it.

Another thing that is bothering me is that other female coworkers also go talk to him, and though he isn't flirty with them as he is with me, they stay near him for long minutes talking about things not related to work.

So anyways, why isn't he asking me out? am I not seeing something? thanks for your replies.
Maybe he likes you, but the age difference is a problem for him.

Also, he may not want to get involved with someone he works with. Could cause a lot of issues, if there's a falling out later on.

Old 08-15-2021, 07:59 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,565,786 times
Quote:

It's unwise to date coworkers; it's especially unwise to date a coworker who's already showing signs of jealousy. (That it bothers you that this man and other female coworkers talk with him *is* jealousy on your part. That's not a net positive.) Also, keep your hands off your coworker (you openly admit being the one who's mostly into being "touchy-feely.") It's highly inappropriate and being "handsy" can get you in trouble down the line.

Shop somewhere other than your office for a coffee date with a cute guy.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Maybe he likes you, but the age difference is a problem for him.

Also, he may not want to get involved with someone he works with. Could cause a lot of issues, if there's a falling out later on.
I asked him if he had any problem dating women older than him and he said most of his girlfriends were older (he said his last girlfriend was 36) he also said age is just a number, so he kind of made a point he doesn't care about it.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
It's unwise to date coworkers; it's especially unwise to date a coworker who's already showing signs of jealousy. (That it bothers you that this man and other female coworkers talk with him *is* jealousy on your part. That's not a net positive.) Also, keep your hands off your coworker (you openly admit being the one who's mostly into being "touchy-feely.") It's highly inappropriate and being "handsy" can get you in trouble down the line.

Shop somewhere other than your office for a coffee date with a cute guy.
I know you are right, but I have already fallen for him. I don't think I can control my feelings anymore.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:04 AM

762 posts, read 452,938 times
He's a kid, leave him alone and find a man closer to your age who you don't work with. So what he told you he likes older woman, that doesn't make it right, seriously you're a grown adult acting like a child in a candy store.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
I know you are right, but I have already fallen for him. I don't think I can control my feelings anymore.
Have you thought far enough ahead about this?

Let's say you hook up with with this male co-worker, then he chooses to move on to another female coworker or a woman outside of the workplace. How would you handle that as you're already jealous of the time that he spends talking with the other women in the office about work?

Are you work peers with this man or are one of you subordinate to the other?

Old 08-15-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
He's a kid, leave him alone and find a man closer to your age who you don't work with. So what he told you he likes older woman, that doesn't make it right, seriously you're a grown adult acting like a child in a candy store.

He is not a kid, he is a grown man and he can make his own choices. And I know he likes me too, he doesn't want me to leave him alone. But I think he just doesn't know how to ask me out.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
He is not a kid, he is a grown man and he can make his own choices. And I know he likes me too, he doesn't want me to leave him alone. But I think he just doesn't know how to ask me out.
If you feel that this is the case, why not ask him out yourself? (Not that I'm recommending that you do so.)

Old 08-15-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Have you thought far enough ahead about this?

Let's say you hook up with with this male co-worker, then he chooses to move on to another female coworker or a woman outside of the workplace. How would you handle that as you're already jealous of the time that he spends talking with the other women in the office about work?

Are you work peers with this man or are one of you subordinate to the other?
We are work peers. Are you suggesting maybe all he is looking for in me is sex? not a relationship?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships