Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 12:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,939 times

Advertisements

Hello group!

I am a single 41 soon to be 42 guy who has never been married. Of course, in the US, that is a BAD thing I know because most women here in the US see this as a problem. I have dated many women and I am happy to admit that I don't feel the need to sleep with everyone I date. Sad thing is that I attract the ones I am not attracted too. In turn, this pretty much has led me to think there is no one out there for me. The old BS lie that says (there is someone for everyone) is such a farce that its not funny. I am pretty much ready to throw in the towel and say forget it. Since most of the internet focuses on women who have given up etc., I am curious to see how many other men who are in the same boat?

I am one of the ones who always wanted a family of my own, but now I know that will never happen because its too late for that now. Mod cut.

In the end, we men are the real losers here. Dating in the 21st century really sucks major (blank).

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-10-2015 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: Bashing.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:35 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioguy95 View Post
Hello group!

I am a single 41 soon to be 42 guy who has never been married. Of course, in the US, that is a BAD thing I know because most women here in the US see this as a problem.
Nonsense. Some might, but they'd be foolish. Quite a few 40-something women date and marry 40-something single, not-yet-married guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioguy95;
I have dated many women and I am happy to admit that I don't feel the need to sleep with everyone I date. Sad thing is that I attract the ones I am not attracted too. In turn, this pretty much has led me to think there is no one out there for me. The old BS lie that says (there is someone for everyone) is such a farce that its not funny. I am pretty much ready to throw in the towel and say forget it. Since most of the internet focuses on women who have given up etc., I am curious to see how many other men who are in the same boat?

I am one of the ones who always wanted a family of my own, but now I know that will never happen because its too late for that now. [Snip.]

In the end, we men are the real losers here. Dating in the 21st century really sucks major (blank).
Mod cut. Yes, it's possible to enjoy women's company!

Take a look at why you attract women you're not attracted to. Are you attracted to only a narrow type? Try casting a wider net. What were you doing in your 30's? Presumably your dating problems didn't suddenly start happening when you turned 40, maybe there were earlier indications? Opportunities for self-reflection and self-improvement? Or were you busy with school and career until the last few years?

Tell us more about yourself. More info needed.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-10-2015 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: Referenced comment has been deleted.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:14 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
OP, you come off as incredibly bitter toward women, and that's likely to come across during any interactions you have with them. Your sweeping generalizations Mod cut. will mightily hurt your chances of attracting one. To have any hope, you really need to shift your mindset. I get being weary of the dating game in your 40s (I know I was) but that shouldn't manifest itself as bitterness toward the entire opposite sex.

My husband and I just got married. We started dating when he was 43 and I was 42. It's the first marriage for both of us.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-10-2015 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: Orphaned (referenced comment has been deleted).

Old 03-10-2015, 06:22 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Why would I give up? Dating is a blast. Meeting new people is fun. Making emotional and mental connections makes life enjoyable and then having hot sex with them makes me ecstatic.

Feel free to give up! Better odds for me.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:34 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,559 times
I love the responses which give the OP hope and encourage him not to give up. OP, please don't lump all American women into one pile. Although the possibility is great that you will not find a women who hasn't been married by that age, there are some out there who would not have any problem dating you regardless of what you shared. I would have no problem dating someone like you if I were still in my 40's. You sound very nice and I think it is great that you have not had the need to try and get in the pants of everyone you were with, like so many men do.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:37 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,332,943 times
I don't know why men like the OP have trouble dating. I swear that dating for me was easier in my later 40s than my college years. If I was home alone on a weekend it was because I wanted to be. I had so much fun, and then met and married the girl of my dreams. I just don't understand why so many have so much trouble with everything that is available.

Last edited by LakeLifePA; 03-10-2015 at 07:05 AM..

Old 03-10-2015, 06:45 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
I don't know why men like the OP have trouble dating. I swear that dating for me was easier in my later 40s than my college years. If I was home alone on a weekend it was because I wanted to be. I had so much fun, and then met and married the girl of my dreams. I'm just don't understand why so many have so much trouble with everything that is available.

So so so much easier in your 40s as a guy.

And it isn't hard to find never married women in their late 30s/early 40s if you really need that for whatever reason if you live in a highly educated, progressive city.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:47 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
I don't know why men like the OP have trouble dating. I swear that dating for me was easier in my later 40s than my college years. If I was home alone on a weekend it was because I wanted to be. I had so much fun, and then met and married the girl of my dreams. I'm just don't understand why so many have so much trouble with everything that is available.
I know exactly why they have so much trouble dating

Old 03-10-2015, 07:07 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioguy95 View Post
Hello group!

I am a single 41 soon to be 42 guy who has never been married. Of course, in the US, that is a BAD thing I know because most women here in the US see this as a problem. I have dated many women and I am happy to admit that I don't feel the need to sleep with everyone I date. Sad thing is that I attract the ones I am not attracted too. In turn, this pretty much has led me to think there is no one out there for me. The old BS lie that says (there is someone for everyone) is such a farce that its not funny. I am pretty much ready to throw in the towel and say forget it. Since most of the internet focuses on women who have given up etc., I am curious to see how many other men who are in the same boat?

I am one of the ones who always wanted a family of my own, but now I know that will never happen because its too late for that now. [Snip.]

Well, if you take this chip on your shoulder on your dates, small wonder you're single.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-10-2015 at 08:43 AM..

Old 03-10-2015, 07:15 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Why would I give up? Dating is a blast. Meeting new people is fun. Making emotional and mental connections makes life enjoyable and then having hot sex with them makes me ecstatic.

Feel free to give up! Better odds for me.
I always enjoy hearing your very healthy, positive attitudes about dating AND especially about women, timber. Because of you and a few other regular guys here on CD, it's encouraging to know that not all men have negative, resentful attitudes toward the opposite sex. You guys seemed to have learned long ago that women are simply human beings, just like men. There are some bad apples, but mostly good.

Most of us girls are really very nice, once you get to know us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships