Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 02:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times

Advertisements

My best ex boyfriend found someone a few years after we broke up and I couldn't be happier. We broke up as friends and we still chat frequently. I wish my one ex would find another wife because he's bugging me to date again, even though I have a boyfriend and he's been married 3 times with 4 kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 02:56 PM

376 posts, read 317,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayzer View Post
He's happy without you? Good for him. You most likely just miss the attention that he constantly showered you in, not actually HIM himself.
Yes, good point, and one that all men should learn.

To wit: women don't love men, they love the way men make them feel.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:05 PM

252 posts, read 349,240 times
I hate dredging up the past. For me that is a closed chapter I would never want to visit again, unless forced to. I've seen one of my significant others at a couple of football games with her husband and I'm not real excited about saying having to say hello. In fact her sister works for one of my cousins and periodically I will ask if she still works there, but that's as close as I get. Let it go.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:23 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
My ex got married. I'm sure a couple of my other exes has gotten married.

Good for them. I could care less.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:50 PM

356 posts, read 365,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
My cousin showed me a picture of my ex with a girl in a wedding dress holding hands. They looked really happy. Idk but it bothered me. This ex proposed to me before but I turned him down and broke up with him. He always have a special place in my heart. He treated me really well when we were together.

After a long time, maybe 6 years he has finally moved on. Thats why I havent heard from him in the last two years. Now, I remember the good times we had and it makes me want to cry..

Anybody has had this experience? Thanks.
You just want what someone else has, you blew it lady...move on

Old 03-19-2015, 05:51 PM

356 posts, read 365,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
My ex got married. I'm sure a couple of my other exes has gotten married.

Good for them. I could care less.
Dang right! Time to get in between some new legs

Old 03-19-2015, 06:51 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
After my divorce, my ex and I would meet monthly or semi-monthly, in a social/conciliatory mien. We'd go to coffee shops and occasionally have lunch. I'd piddle around with her car, look over her resume (she was applying for jobs), and indulge in minor and innocent intimacies with her. We had an understanding: as she was on a quest to find a new man, who'd give her the child that she came to crave, she would have 2 years after the divorce to pursue her quest. If after two years she failed, we'd reunite. I also remained in close email contact with my former mother-in-law, who was advocating our reconciliation. Such meetings continued for the better part of a year. Then one day she rejected my kiss, with a countenance of apology and confusion. She met a man, and things were getting serious. In a matter of months, she was married. The ex-mother-in-law sent me a cryptic e-mail, wishing me farewell. Some number of months later, my ex gave birth to a daughter. She and her new husband bought a house. The daughter is now a toddler.

Until the harshness of news that my ex met somebody else, I entertained the fond notion that reconciliation was not only possible, but almost inevitable. Inevitability, as it turned out, swung into the opposite direction.

Pining for an ex, or regret and disaffection with her/his subsequent relationship-success, is certainly indicative of incompleteness in one's own psyche; or more bluntly, it's "failure to move on". May we all speedily overcome that.

That's what I did to myself during my "Bargaining Stage" of grief. You see, three months after our divorce, my ex-wife decided that she wanted to reconcile. I thought: "Well, things could be good for us if we work hard at it."

I was partly wrong.

Reality:

Things could be good for us if we stay apart.

I think it's important in the healing process to move on as quickly as possible. I really don't want my ex to know about my romantic affairs at all, and couldn't care less how she felt about my success or lack thereof in the dating arena.

Likewise, I don't have an inkling of curiosity about her love life. The hardest part about this is that I had to break contact with my ex-inlaws to heal completely, as "news" about her wouldn't benefit my psyche one iota.

Thank goodness we didn't have children.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:31 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,784 times
Maybe you have a case of the green eyed monster blues. Isn't it amazing how sometimes we don't realize what we had until it is gone?
Seriously, you knew there was something about him that wasn't going to work out or you wouldn't have broken it off. Six years is a long time for him to wait (or four since you said you didn't hear from him for two of those yrs). Try and be happy for him and not be resentful that he got married to someone else. You'll probably find someone who you will say "yes" to one day and then you will figure it all out.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:26 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
My ex has been married, and divorced since we broke up 3 (or 4?) years ago. /lol I heard when he got married and I didn't experience a pang of regret.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-20-2015, 03:04 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Interesting thread. While I do believe that we can all receive forgiveness from above for doing someone wrong, misleading them, mistreating them or abusing them...I do believe we still have to live with the consequences, sooner or later of causing suffering, bitterness or some other type of unhappiness to another human being. I'm not happy my ex might be getting married, I'm not sad. I just wished I had exercised better judgment than getting involved with someone from college days. Life lesson learned. If he was a girl chaser then, what made me think he would be any different...especially since he had his mother alongside him his whole life, constantly prattling on about what a good man he is and how he deserves the best woman out there....and no one will ever love him more than his Mama and his family (who use him mercilessly and without conscience). I mean, really. Would it kill some parents to bring a child's thinking closer to reality? She fed and fed his ego, and she created a monster. Now some poor woman has to figure out how to keep her peace of mind and her sanity while being married to a monster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships