Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 03:47 PM

914 posts, read 766,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
I've been dating this guy for a little over a month, nothing official yet. The whole time he has expressed to me that he thinks I'm too good for him, and seems to question my motives a lot. I don't give him reason to, I think it's just past experiences he's had with women.

Recently he told me that I'm not affectionate enough and that he doesn't feel wanted/needed by me. So, I made an effort to step up my game in demonstrating to him that I do care about him and want him in my life. I didn't think that I was being cold or unaffectionate in the first place, though.

Anyway, since I've started acting more affectionate, like he requested, he has been pulling away! I haven't heard from him in three days now, when we're usually communicating daily.

What gives?
"Major insecurities", "overly jealous", and "Very distrustful" are all the flags that go off in my head when I read this. I've never seen relationships, starting out like this, end well unless there is a MAJOR turn around. I hope, if my intuition is correct about him, that he is able to fix these problems or he may drive you away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 03:50 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
He already told you that you where too good for him.

Believe it and continue to try and find someone else

Old 03-25-2015, 07:47 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
He already told you that you where too good for him.

Believe it and continue to try and find someone else
I believe I've dodged a major bullet.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:26 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Quote:
I've been dating this guy for a little over a month, nothing official yet. The whole time he has expressed to me that he thinks I'm too good for him, and seems to question my motives a lot. I don't give him reason to, I think it's just past experiences he's had with women.

Recently he told me that I'm not affectionate enough and that he doesn't feel wanted/needed by me. So, I made an effort to step up my game in demonstrating to him that I do care about him and want him in my life. I didn't think that I was being cold or unaffectionate in the first place, though.

Anyway, since I've started acting more affectionate, like he requested, he has been pulling away! I haven't heard from him in three days now, when we're usually communicating daily.

What gives?
He needs a bit of emotional maturity and growing up to do. Sounds like he wants someone to validate how great he is. Clingy, player, kid, childish comes to mind. Stava, you need someone who you don't have to 'fix' or be overly cautious with.. someone to have fun and enjoy your life with. I get no one's life is perfect, but people cannot chose partners solely based on filling in their unmet personal needs. Kinda a blessing for him to pull away actually.. if you really think about it. (No drama)

Old 03-25-2015, 08:48 PM

436 posts, read 579,549 times
Quote:

What gives?

When a man tells you he is not good enough for you or that you are too good for him, believe him. He knows more about himself than you do. In some ways, it is a plea for sympathy to get poor little old me more attention. It also might indicate that he just doesn't know what he wants, as in a commitment.

Move on from this guy, he isn't the one.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
He needs a bit of emotional maturity and growing up to do. Sounds like he wants someone to validate how great he is. Clingy, player, kid, childish comes to mind. Stava, you need someone who you don't have to 'fix' or be overly cautious with.. someone to have fun and enjoy your life with. I get no one's life is perfect, but people cannot chose partners solely based on filling in their unmet personal needs. Kinda a blessing for him to pull away actually.. if you really think about it. (No drama)
You're right, it is a blessing. I think I liked the idea of him, but not the real him.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTexanTea View Post
When a man tells you he is not good enough for you or that you are too good for him, believe him. He knows more about himself than you do. In some ways, it is a plea for sympathy to get poor little old me more attention. It also might indicate that he just doesn't know what he wants, as in a commitment.

Move on from this guy, he isn't the one.
It's funny because we went out a couple of times to places where people knew him, and nobody seemed to respect him very much. It was like, "Oh great, THIS guy". That was the vibe I got. I think he's just a loser, despite his respected job title.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships