Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 10:44 PM

75 posts, read 90,048 times

Advertisements

Here's my secret method of communicating via text, email, phonecall etc and not appearing needy.

1. Limit these interactions to the smallest amount of text/conversation necessary. For example, if we are going to see each other in the next few hours, I will send a text to firm up plans and that's it. If it's going to be a couple of days or one of us had a bad day, we actually talk on the phone for a while (it helps that we both HATE talking on the phone).

2. Assume she will get back to me. This might be tough for you. Text her something and then put your phone down. Go take a shower. Walk your dog. Watch something on Netflix. DON'T LOOK AT YOUR PHONE UNLESS/UNTIL IT MAKES NOISE. Don't get lost in your head and imagine all of the horrible things she's doing instead of texting you back. She's probably taking a nap or a shower or on the phone with her mom. Chill out and wait. I literally go hours, sometimes a whole day before I get a response and it doesn't bother me a bit. Why? Because I trust her.

3. Take everything at face value unless you have good reason not to. She didn't dump you, she corrected you and there is a difference. Clearly, she values personal interaction with you-this is a good thing. If she says everything is "fine" but acts cold and distant, it's not fine and you have work to do. If she says everything is fine and acts normal, relax and go about your business.

4. Be honest. This one is kind of important so pay attention Jr. I don't know what you're relationship is but if the dynamic supports it, you should tell her (in person) why you feel compelled to text your stream of consciousness to her at every waking moment-unless it's weird or creepy. Explaining yourself, assuming your reasoning makes sense and is valid, might help you get out of the proverbial doghouse. I'd run it by us first. For the record: Because I love you and want you to know what I'm thinking all the time-is not valid and is weird and creepy...just sayin...

5. If you're addicted to texting to the point that you cannot stop, you have one choice. Give your phone to a friend and have them ration it for you. You get one unsolicited text per day, you can reply to anything she sends and they have approval rights over everything you send.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 12:03 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsays View Post
if youve been talking to a girl or been dating one and you start to get or look needy can you recover form it? can you basically showher you really arent needy?
Yes, you can. You just start doing things for yourself. Also, don't worry about "looking needy". Just work on productive things.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:04 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsays View Post
well i have really increased my tetxing to her and she mentioned that "you dont always need ot be tetxing me. you text me everything and then when we fget together i already know everything, you dont have to always tell me everything right away"
Don't text so much... simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships