Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 09:33 PM

151 posts, read 102,847 times

Advertisements

Today I went to dine out, and upon returning, I noticed a woman looking at me frequently. I sat behind here in the bus complex waiting for buses to arrive. She started to look behind at me, sometimes by rotating her head to the right and others to the left. It happened multiple times; like 7 or 8. There was no one behind her except one old man and me.

She went to the bathroom and came back once buses arrived. By then, she stood near the exit door and looked at me 20 seconds or so; most of that time, directly at my eyes. She nodded her slightly as though she was communicating an "OK" to me. I was looking at her with a small smile, but also was hesitant since I have approach anxiety. The thing is that she saw me smiling, but did not smile back - she just kept staring at me. I wonder if women can be interested without smiling back even when seeing a man doing so.

I had the chance to see her posture; she was quite well-toned and, to some extent, well-dressed. She also seemed a student as she was carrying a college notebook. Her age is around 23-26 which is almost perfect for me. Damn, I think I should have at least said hi, introduced myself for a minute or so, and got her number, Facebook, KiK, etc before buses leave. Leaving her without at least getting a means of communication seems to be a mistake. Either way, can women sometimes give a means of communications very quickly if time does not allow talking long enough?

Old 11-14-2016, 10:11 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
It's possible, but unlikely.

Should have said hi and approached her, but we know that's just too hard for a lot of guys.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
It's possible, but unlikely.

Should have said hi and approached her, but we know that's just too hard for a lot of guys.
Yes. But the thing is that I was not in a position where she could have looked at me accidently (i.e., not beside her or in front of her). She was the one who kept peeking from time to time. I should become unafraid of rejection again so that I do not waste potential opportunities like this.

Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

I was just browsing internet using my phone.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-16-2016 at 08:29 PM..

Old 11-14-2016, 10:38 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,578,978 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Sometimes when someone stares or check out someone is because she thinks he look weird and worth staring at. For example, if you see a clown, would you stare? If you see a man who look like he is going to rob you or steal your wallet, you might stare at him too.

Thank of a celebrity whom you think is very unattractive. If you see someone who looks like this celebrity at a bus stop, it would be hard for you not to stare.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-16-2016 at 08:30 PM..

Old 11-14-2016, 10:45 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Aldaodeyeh - You can only find out by approaching her. If you get rejected, so what? If you've never seen her on the bus before, chances are that you might not see her ever again if she does reject you. So it's not like you'll have to see her frequently and feel awkward about it.

You're gonna have to put yourself out there at some point. You're going to get rejected a lot, it happens to all of us. But if you don't start asking girls out, you're gonna be single for a LONG time. So it's either start asking girls out and get rejected before finding the girls that say yes, or don't ask anyone out and you won't get rejected or any dates/relationships at all. Most humans will work harder to avoid pain than to gain pleasure. Put yourself out there at some point. It could have been a missed opportunity, or it could have been nothing. Either way, don't worry about it. Just start asking some girls out. You'll have to get through a few no's to get to the yes's.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-16-2016 at 08:31 PM..

Old 11-14-2016, 11:57 PM

599 posts, read 693,530 times
Yes yes & yes
I'm not a smiler, but often notice attractive guys, I wish they would approach. But I think they get intimidated

Old 11-15-2016, 02:57 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
She was alone, it was dark outside, and she was at a bus station. Sounds to me like a safety thing, being aware of he surroundings, especially the guy who was fixated on her to the point of counting her neck rotations.

Old 11-15-2016, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
She was alone, it was dark outside, and she was at a bus station. Sounds to me like a safety thing, being aware of he surroundings, especially the guy who was fixated on her to the point of counting her neck rotations.
lol. There were security cameras inside and outside the building. There was another man. Once buses arrived, more people arrived as well. There were two dispatchers in the control room which has large glass windows, so they could see everything. I was browsing the internet on my phone as I said in reply #4, not "was fixated on her," and "counting her neck rotations" happened after SHE started looking at me over and over.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-16-2016 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: Rude, off -topic comment.

Old 11-15-2016, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
[snip] Aldaodeyeh - You can only find out by approaching her. If you get rejected, so what? If you've never seen her on the bus before, chances are that you might not see her ever again if she does reject you. So it's not like you'll have to see her frequently and feel awkward about it.

You're gonna have to put yourself out there at some point. You're going to get rejected a lot, it happens to all of us. But if you don't start asking girls out, you're gonna be single for a LONG time. So it's either start asking girls out and get rejected before finding the girls that say yes, or don't ask anyone out and you won't get rejected or any dates/relationships at all. Most humans will work harder to avoid pain than to gain pleasure. Put yourself out there at some point. It could have been a missed opportunity, or it could have been nothing. Either way, don't worry about it. Just start asking some girls out. You'll have to get through a few no's to get to the yes's.
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
Yes yes & yes
I'm not a smiler, but often notice attractive guys, I wish they would approach. But I think they get intimidated
Would you quickly give your Facebook or phone number to them if you were interested but there was no time to talk?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-16-2016 at 08:37 PM..

Old 11-15-2016, 05:38 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaoudeyeh View Post
lol. There were security cameras inside and outside the building. There was another man. Once buses arrived, more people arrived as well. There were two dispatchers in the control room which has large glass windows, so they could see everything. I was browsing the internet on my phone as I said in reply #4, not "was fixated on her," and "counting her neck rotations" happened after SHE started looking at me over and over.

[snip]
Alone = by herself. None of what you just wrote changes anything about what I said.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-16-2016 at 08:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships