Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 05:42 PM

709 posts, read 767,244 times

Advertisements

After we got busted by the cops, she said she didn't want to hang out anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 07:53 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,563,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
OMG where do you meet these people!!?!? Sounds like you dodged the bullet in both these cases.

As for the first one I don't understand how anybody can say that...but then again I'm from NYC, we have a different way of thinking here lol.

I'm from Texas and I too cannot imagine how anyone with any depth of character at all could say such a horrible thing.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:47 PM

1,265 posts, read 1,426,323 times
My ex-wife (married for 4 years, together for 6) and I had begun a move to Austin,Texas from Indianapolis back in 2005, but I was still in summer school in college, working on my last 2 classes to complete my degree. We moved her and about 2/3 of my stuff down to Texas about 3-4 weeks before I was done with school because our home in Indy had rented out a lot faster than we had expected. On the last day of classes (effectively my graduation day), she calls me and tells me she's done completely out of the blue.

Worst part was that I was actually living with her parents for those few weeks while finishing up my schoolwork. They thought she was on drugs or something.

Talk about awkward.

You know you have other good people in your life when a co-worker drops everything for you and drives 17 hours straight overnight with you to pick up all the stuff you just moved down there a few weeks prior. Luckily I was able to keep my job at the time despite turning in my notice. It could have turned out a lot worse.

I'm remarried and happy now, but it did take me a while to get over that and not project my fears of that happening again on wife 2.0.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:47 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,248,506 times
Came home after spending the evening with a friend. Was locked out of my apartment which my boyfriend lived with me. Demanded he let me in, he had barricaded the front door. 5 minutes later he let me in. And behind door number one was his co-worker getting dressed.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:10 PM

52,338 posts, read 52,791,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Came home after spending the evening with a friend. Was locked out of my apartment which my boyfriend lived with me. Demanded he let me in, he had barricaded the front door. 5 minutes later he let me in. And behind door number one was his co-worker getting dressed.
If you're going to screw around, you at least better not do it at your own house.

Sorry that happened to you, BTW.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:16 PM

19,435 posts, read 15,281,901 times
That happened to a coworker of mine. He went home and found his wife and another man in his own bed.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:26 PM

17,647 posts, read 22,673,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
Rejection is awful, especially when there isn't any "warning".

Met this guy online. All week we had great conversation. I sent him very recent pictures and explained the fact that I am six feet tall. Our first date was at the movies. I met him there, and we walked in together. I noticed that he didn't have much to say upon initially meeting me besides the basic small talk (how was your day, etc. etc.). I've been dating for a while, so I'm pretty aware of what answers send up "red flags".

He paid for my movie and we went to sit down. He gets up and says, "I'm going to the concession stand, do you need anything?" I reply, "no, I'm not hungry."

I'm still waiting for him to return from the concession stand. I have no idea what I did to turn him completely off. At least I got to see Tropic Thunder for free.

For God's sake, it's a movie...you couldn't sit with me for 2 hours - and TALKING is NOT required? That stung a little.
dang

Maybe he got mugged in the bathroom.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:32 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,720,282 times
She said "i have a boyfriend".

Old 04-03-2015, 06:43 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,501,951 times
I have one that turned out good.

Years back I was single and was supposed to meet up with my buddy at a club. He flaked on me and I am getting bored. I am actually a decent dancer so I asked this lady and she rudely said no and a couple of guys laughed at me.

I was a bit surprised at such a harsh response since I just asked her nicely, wasn't drunk ( maybe I shoud lol ).

Then this hot Asian firecracker comes up and drags me on the floor and we had a great time and those same guys were all looking down at the floor with their hands in pockets.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:52 PM

19,435 posts, read 15,281,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
I have one that turned out good.

Years back I was single and was supposed to meet up with my buddy at a club. He flaked on me and I am getting bored. I am actually a decent dancer so I asked this lady and she rudely said no and a couple of guys laughed at me.

I was a bit surprised at such a harsh response since I just asked her nicely, wasn't drunk ( maybe I shoud lol ).

Then this hot Asian firecracker comes up and drags me on the floor and we had a great time and those same guys were all looking down at the floor with their hands in pockets.
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships