Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 12:42 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times

Advertisements

I have.

USATODAY.com - eHarmony: Heart and soul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 02:11 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
This article is over 6 years old. Most people who know about eHarmony know its associations with the Christian right. But don't assume it's only meant for Christians. I'm an atheist and was not only NOT rejected, but I got plenty of matches.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:18 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
I wasn't exactly rejected. They took my money.

I joined it in the early 00's, before it was well-known and the treacly commercials appeared on television. It was a six-month deal.

I never had any matches. None. So when the six months was almost up, I did not renew. They sent me an email asking why I didn't want to renew. I replied "Because I didn't receive any matches." They then sent me another email saying they had reviewed my profile and the problem seemed to be that I was too tall and their research indicates that most men want women who are shorter than they are. As a matter of fact, the email said that their research indicates that only about 3% of men would be interested in someone like me. Then they suggested I review my profile and make the necessary changes to give me a better chance. Huh? Was I supposed to say I was shorter than I am?

Then, when there was about a week left on my initial six months, they sent me the profile of some guy, apparently another reject whose subscription time was running out. He said he was from Italy and came from a noble family that owned a castle, but now he lived in Hoboken. I would be surprised to learn he was Italian and would more likely think he was Swiss. Did he wear lederhosen and a hat with a little feather and herd goats or something? I have no idea. I never responded, and just let the time run out.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:03 PM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

I joined it in the early 00's, before it was well-known and the treacly commercials appeared on television. It was a six-month deal.

I never had any matches. None. So when the six months was almost up, I did not renew. They sent me an email asking why I didn't want to renew. I replied "Because I didn't receive any matches." They then sent me another email saying they had reviewed my profile and the problem seemed to be that I was too tall and their research indicates that most men want women who are shorter than they are. As a matter of fact, the email said that their research indicates that only about 3% of men would be interested in someone like me. Then they suggested I review my profile and make the necessary changes to give me a better chance. Huh? Was I supposed to say I was shorter than I am?

Then, when there was about a week left on my initial six months, they sent me the profile of some guy, apparently another reject whose subscription time was running out. He said he was from Italy and came from a noble family that owned a castle, but now he lived in Hoboken. I would be surprised to learn he was Italian and would more likely think he was Swiss. Did he wear lederhosen and a hat with a little feather and herd goats or something? I have no idea. I never responded, and just let the time run out.
LOL, you were supposed to cut your legs off at the lower calf to meet those nice Christian men who are not shallow at all. LOL again on the Jersey Nobleman (it was probably some roided out d-bag like on Jersey Shore). What a scamscam Scam. Online dating can be the worst.

People just get out there and meet others organically instead of limiting yourself with all these specs that end up meaning nothing when you meet the one.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:44 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
What you don't know about eharmony...have you been rejected?
No, but my sister has, and she's beautiful, smart, funny, has a job, is a great mother and a great friend, is sexy, kind, loves to dance and looks like she's *maybe* 30 (she's 45).

Old 06-11-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No, but my sister has, and she's beautiful, smart, funny, has a job, is a great mother and a great friend, is sexy, kind, loves to dance and looks like she's *maybe* 30 (she's 45).
Well, what do you think happened? What does she think happened?

I think I took the test about four five years ago, so the link I posted was not far off base at all. Plus, I think it's only fair for people to know the roots of this so called match making service.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

The reject notice I got said there were no matches and that for people like me they would basically not want to take on as I'd be more of a liability than asset. Geez, that is because I answered their stupid questionnaire HONESTLY.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:14 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
What don't you guys get? They want normal people! Average Joes and Janes.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
What don't you guys get? They want normal people! Average Joes and Janes.
And just what do average Joes and Janes look like, act like, live like?

Old 06-11-2011, 06:14 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,278 times
From what I gather, people who honestly fall out the trope of their American personality or do not fit the straight Christian conservative lifestyle are rejected. My two cents are paid sites are not worth it, especially one that could be more honest about who they want to join and who they do not want to join.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships