Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 02:47 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,935 times

Advertisements

So I received an email, 14.95 a month for three months. From what I remember, it's usually 40 a month so that's great deal. However, I don't know anything about Eharmony other than it's meant for long term relationships.

I was considering Match but my good buddy signed up on it and didn't like it. He stated he filled all the surveys and questionnaire stuff. When he tried to message women in his area, he couldn't several times because the website stated they didn't match or he had to fill out more surveys and questionnaires.

Deal ends on 3/1...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 02:50 PM

545 posts, read 1,555,596 times
Are you attractive? It's too competitive for average men to be successful.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:15 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,935 times
I'm a solid 7.5. However, my looks are very polarizing from what I can tell.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:20 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,140,209 times
I have a few friends who tried Eharmony and they hated it. Apparently the only matches they could get were for people who lived out of the state.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:41 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,506 times
A good friend of mine met his wife on there. he keeps begging me to try it but I don't like the idea that they match you with people who are the opposite sex version of yourself. I can only imagine what kind of matches that would mean for me! eeek!

Old 02-24-2012, 03:47 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,049,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
So I received an email, 14.95 a month for three months. From what I remember, it's usually 40 a month so that's great deal. However, I don't know anything about Eharmony other than it's meant for long term relationships.

I was considering Match but my good buddy signed up on it and didn't like it. He stated he filled all the surveys and questionnaire stuff. When he tried to message women in his area, he couldn't several times because the website stated they didn't match or he had to fill out more surveys and questionnaires.

Deal ends on 3/1...
I got some fantastic matches on eH, but they were all too far away even though I'd specified that I wanted matches to be within 60 miles. Many of my matches were 150+ miles away. I feel that eH does a much better job of matching personalities than the other sites do, but the distance thing really bugged me. I was a member for 6 months.

I do know at least 5 happily married couples who met on eH, though! My nephew and his wife met there and have been very happily married for 8 or 9 years. I just met someone last weekend who met her husband on eH and she said they're a perfect match. So it does happen.

I think it helps if you are located in or near a larger city, as the pool of candidates in your area is naturally larger. If you're willing to date long-distance, the world's your oyster. I tried long-distance dating in the past and found it too difficult to maintain. And I'm too old to pick up and move on a whim.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:48 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,777,709 times
Seems weird because I created a profile on eharmony last week just to see what kind of profiles it matched me with, and since then I have had over 20 women attempt to "open communications" with me, and I did not even upload a picture

And yeah some of my matches lived around 100 miles away. Not going to happen.

Last edited by BioMechanical; 02-24-2012 at 03:57 PM..

Old 02-24-2012, 04:00 PM

674 posts, read 1,161,335 times
I like it. I did match and okcupid and hated it. Eharmony will match me up quite often with people that are definitely too far away, but there's plenty in my area as well....that's fine, ignore the ones that are too far (what's so hard about that?)

Here's why I like eharmony: If I have interest, I click a couple buttons to let you know. I am so sick and tired of reading stupid boring profiles of people just so I can write a thoughtful/clever/funny/interesting email to a girl I have no idea is even interested in me and try to prove to her I actually read her stupid profile and not just looked at her pictures. So, you spend this time thinking of an email to write her, then the best part: She doesn't even respond to you.

Wow, that's fun. Who has time for that? What a waste of your life. If you're a guy, eharmony is the way to go. So easy, no wasted time. If you're a girl, any site will work for an insta-boyfriend.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:25 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
I like Chemistry.com better than eharmony. I actually do not like internet dating anyway. So, I am probably not one to ask.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:34 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I like Chemistry.com better than eharmony. I actually do not like internet dating anyway. So, I am probably not one to ask.
Thought eharmony sucked. No better than other sites that aren't so "sophisticated" in their technique. I've only done this a few times when they keep hounding you with "irresistible" specials. Don't think you can find interpersonal chemistry on the internet. I can't believe I'm posting this, but so what. Perhaps more disappointing was my experience with "Catholic Singles" which is obviously faith based. However, I did have a friend who found his wife on "J-Date" which is aimed at the Jewish community. I still think you meet your dates in "normal" interpersonal situations, where you "see" the person first and go from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships